TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just wanted to say hi. Finally received my 08 Shelby!

unjustified

Hello everyone,

I have been lurking around for almost a year here while trying to find a good price & then waiting on my GT500 once it was ordered. After searching eBay & the southeast US, I finally found a dealer in TN that would sell for MSRP. I probably talked to over 50 dealers I ordered in Aug 07 & finally received my car in Feb 08. This thing is awesome & I can't wait to start tearing into it. This is my 7th Mustang & 5th Cobra (the GT500 does have Cobra emblems).

Previous Stangs:

1990 LX 4 banger automatic--they shouldn't have ever put the Mustang name on this car, but it was my first car & my parents knew better than to get me a V8 for my first car....prob a good thing

1993 GT--multiple 1st place & best of shows......SCCA car in CCR

1994 Cobra--SCCA car

1999 Cobra--LEMON.....Ford dealer screwed up the drivetrain & couldn't get the parts....went 1 year without car while paying payment & insurance.

2001 Cobra--the most I have ever modded a car.....still have some of the parts for sell (tubular K & rear arms, oil pan, chip, upgraded rotors, H&R reg springs, full coil-over kit, Bassani X & cat back, OEM wheels, 3 pc Racing Hart C-5's)

2004 Cobra--have parts for sell for this one too

2008 Shelby GT500 Vapor w/Ebony stripes, HIDs, Premium Interior, Ambient Lighting, & Car Cover

As you can see, I happen to be a Mustang fanatic. I did own a Jeep for 2 months, but traded for another Stang! I love the speed & the sound!

Of course I had to post a pic of my Shelby. 100% stock so far, but you all have given me a lot of great ideas & info. I have some billet stuff I will be installing soon & LED interior & exterior lighting. This car is a daily driver....unfortunately, I had to sell my 04 Cobra to get this one.

post-9763-1206072501_thumb.jpg

post-9763-1206072501_thumb.jpg

Grindstaff Ford in Elizabethton, TN. I am originally from Bristol, TN which is about 20 minutes from Elizabethton. I am in Charlotte, NC now. When I placed my order, everyone else was still charging 10-20 ADM. Make sure to tell them I sent you if you contact them. Dale is the sales manager that I dealt with. Pretty nice guy.

Thanks guys!

Hello everyone,

I have been lurking around for almost a year here while trying to find a good price & then waiting on my GT500 once it was ordered. After searching eBay & the southeast US, I finally found a dealer in TN that would sell for MSRP. I probably talked to over 50 dealers I ordered in Aug 07 & finally received my car in Feb 08. This thing is awesome & I can't wait to start tearing into it. This is my 7th Mustang & 5th Cobra (the GT500 does have Cobra emblems).

Previous Stangs:

1990 LX 4 banger automatic--they shouldn't have ever put the Mustang name on this car, but it was my first car & my parents knew better than to get me a V8 for my first car....prob a good thing

1993 GT--multiple 1st place & best of shows......SCCA car in CCR

1994 Cobra--SCCA car

1999 Cobra--LEMON.....Ford dealer screwed up the drivetrain & couldn't get the parts....went 1 year without car while paying payment & insurance.

2001 Cobra--the most I have ever modded a car.....still have some of the parts for sell (tubular K & rear arms, oil pan, chip, upgraded rotors, H&R reg springs, full coil-over kit, Bassani X & cat back, OEM wheels, 3 pc Racing Hart C-5's)

2004 Cobra--have parts for sell for this one too

2008 Shelby GT500 Vapor w/Ebony stripes, HIDs, Premium Interior, Ambient Lighting, & Car Cover

As you can see, I happen to be a Mustang fanatic. I did own a Jeep for 2 months, but traded for another Stang! I love the speed & the sound!

Of course I had to post a pic of my Shelby. 100% stock so far, but you all have given me a lot of great ideas & info. I have some billet stuff I will be installing soon & LED interior & exterior lighting. This car is a daily driver....unfortunately, I had to sell my 04 Cobra to get this one.

You got my twin.

Congrats buddy now go tear them up.

Archived