TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Right Hand Drive for Australia

Aussie67

Does anyone know anyone who may do conversions for Mustangs to be shipped to countries with Right Hand Drive (RHD). I am currently living in Canada but will hopefully be shipping a couple of Mustangs back with me.

Please let me know if anyone knows anything - I can find a couple of companies in Australia that do this, but I have the feeling it would be heaps cheaper to have them done here in Nth America.

Shelby2.jpg

Shelby2.jpg

Does anyone know anyone who may do conversions for Mustangs to be shipped to countries with Right Hand Drive (RHD). I am currently living in Canada but will hopefully be shipping a couple of Mustangs back with me.

Please let me know if anyone knows anything - I can find a couple of companies in Australia that do this, but I have the feeling it would be heaps cheaper to have them done here in Nth America.

I see people here drive right hand drive cars every now and then. Is it not allowed to drive a left hand drive car in Australia or is it just a pain when you go to Burger King? :hysterical:

I see people here drive right hand drive cars every now and then. Is it not allowed to drive a left hand drive car in Australia or is it just a pain when you go to Burger King? :hysterical:

lol

It's a real pain going to Burger King.......... :banghead:

Actually depending which state as to which laws apply, but most new models have to be converted in most states. Older models can be LHD in most states. Overtaking, which is mandatory in a GT500, is also :censored: difficult for vision.

Two companies I have spoken to want about 25K to do the conversion in Australia and this just seems extreme to me, however to be fair that is not just the conversion but to also make the car meet Australian standards which are also quite stringent.

I just feel that due to parts etc etc it would be much cheaper to do here before shipping.

:finger:

Wow that is really expensive.

I'd move. :hysterical:

I didn't know Australia had states.

Yup 7 of them, 6 on mainland and Tasmania (Island South East Corner) and not two have similar laws.

Too cold to move over here permanently unless I found a job in Arizona...................

Hi Guys,

First post for me...

I'm from Sydney, Australia, and a week ago I put down a deposit on a new GT500 with a dealer in LA. Because I've ordered the car, allowing time for shipping and the RHD conversion and compliance, it won't be until August that I get my hands on the car.

It's best for you to get the conversion done in Australia otherwise you'll be caught with extra $$ with customs duty (10%), GST(10%) and it'll also put you in luxury car tax (25%) range which kicks in at AUD$57,123. Got to love our government...

If you've owned the car for more than 12 months you'll be able to import it as a personal import ($50) and you'll need to get the conversion done through RAWS, ie. only a RAWS certified company can do the RHD conversion.

Only state in Australia that does not legally require conversion/compliance is NT.

If you want further info, PM me.

Hi Guys,

First post for me...

I'm from Sydney, Australia, and a week ago I put down a deposit on a new GT500 with a dealer in LA. Because I've ordered the car, allowing time for shipping and the RHD conversion and compliance, it won't be until August that I get my hands on the car.

It's best for you to get the conversion done in Australia otherwise you'll be caught with extra $$ with customs duty (10%), GST(10%) and it'll also put you in luxury car tax (25%) range which kicks in at AUD$57,123. Got to love our government...

If you've owned the car for more than 12 months you'll be able to import it as a personal import ($50) and you'll need to get the conversion done through RAWS, ie. only a RAWS certified company can do the RHD conversion.

Only state in Australia that does not legally require conversion/compliance is NT.

If you want further info, PM me.

Hi Venix

Thanks for message, I appreciate the info. I have also sent you a PM. I also got a PM from another Aussie in Melbourne who is taking delivery of a SS Mustang pretty soon (Aussie Snake).

Good to hear froma couple of Aussie's in one day.

Thanks for taking the time, and maybe we can get together one day....................

Archived