TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brake Pedal Arm (mystery!)

phr3121

I was checking under the driver's dash yesterday (the part where the steering column and pedals for the car are located) and came across what can only be described as a small "yellow" round plastic capsule on the brake pedal arm. I don't have a picture of it but it is located at the middle of the brake arm. Where the middle knob on the picture below is located:

1509A-B.jpg

I left it alone but it seems that the "capsule" can be popped open (?). :headscratch:

We all have it, just stick your head down there and you will see it!

Anyone know what it is?

Generally, if you find any yellow colored flotsom and jetsom in your car, they are usually items that help facilatate the assembly of the vehicle or a device that held the part in a bin or a rack where the assembler took the part from.

Someone forgot to remove it before the car moved on to the next assembly station.

This thing dropped to the floor from under the dash - I never found where it came from or what it is.

Is this what it looks like?

That is it! Ok, so it is nothing important. Still not sure of the purpose.

Is it a color code? Is it something that is counted for later (tracking purposes) after it is removed?

Now you know where it came from... :)

Thanks!

Is it a color code? Is it something that is counted for later (tracking purposes) after it is removed?

Thanks!

That piece goes around the clip/pin that attachs the rod that comes from the power brake booster.

Thanks!

Now I do - it is located at the middle of the brake arm. :)

Does it serve any real useful purpose; I am wondering whether I need to re-install it. I have not noticed any negative effects as a result of it sitting in my center console all these months.

That piece goes around the clip/pin that attachs the rod that comes from the power brake booster.

Right!

I think it is a safety item that tells the inspector that the clip is secured in place. Specially in dealing with a car's brake!

The yellow "capsule" is easy to spot without having to bury yourself in that area.

Archived