TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dead Pedal Installation

I am looking for some advise in taking the plastic trim off to install my dead pedal.

I am posting this as a precaution before i go tugging at the sill panel and end up breaking it.

Can anyone tell me if i need to pop the bottom ? or do i need to start at the top and slide the panel toward me to disengauge it?

I know this is probably as simple as it comes, however i do want it to be right and tight as it is now .

Any advice appreciated!!!!

I am looking for some advise in taking the plastic trim off to install my dead pedal.

I am posting this as a precaution before i go tugging at the sill panel and end up breaking it.

Can anyone tell me if i need to pop the bottom ? or do i need to start at the top and slide the panel toward me to disengauge it?

I know this is probably as simple as it comes, however i do want it to be right and tight as it is now .

Any advice appreciated!!!!

The sill plate pops straight up, the kick panel has a round push-in button clip on the side you need to pull out first, then the panel pulls out toward the rear of the car.

The sill plate pops straight up, the kick panel has a round push-in button clip on the side you need to pull out first, then the panel pulls out toward the rear of the car.

Should i just try to get my fingers under the sill plate and then pull straight up? Or do you recommend using like a flat head screwdriver?

Should i just try to get my fingers under the sill plate and then pull straight up? Or do you recommend using like a flat head screwdriver?

If need be use a putty knife, a screwdriver puts too much pressure at one point and can mess it up.

The first time pulling it off it may be a little tight, but it will come off.

Hold it at 2 points about 6 inches apart and tug up, instead of just tugging on an end. Try to keep the panel flat, not bent.

It should be reasonably easy.

Thanks Snoopy , You Rock man!!

I got it off!! ,apparently all clips are toward the carpet.

there was a piece of two sided tape on each side of panel that touches the paint.

No problem, thanks for your help!! :happy feet: :hysterical:

Archived