TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT - Stripes to the Cobra Spoiler

Sorry for bringing this up again but I have been getting conflicting information from Shelby Performance Parts.

Purchased the Cobra spoiler and wanted to add the appropriate decals to install on my SGT. Called Shelby and the parts rep told me to buy the Cobra stripes but I would have to cut a 1/4 inch off of them the entire length. Not comfortable with that, I asked about purchasing the fascia decals and I was told they would not fit because of the natural curvuture of the front bumper. Anybody have some insight having already done this? Would like to purchase decals that fit.

Thanks

I just ordered the stripes and was also told a little trimming was in order. Considering they could have this done professionally in bulk it is kind of a joke they charge $50 for a few inches of stripe and then they don't even fit. I still haven't decided if I am going to tackle this my self or take it to the dealer. I was thinking if the pieces are small maybe my photo trimmer would work.

Been there, done that, talked with Keith and took it to a pro. Yes they require trimming no matter what route you go. The stripe man ha the exact same material in stock and could have made them for me. Make sure you specifically ask for the correct year as the color difference and material is different on the 07-08. This is according to Keith and the actual rep at the place where the Shelby stripes are made.

I just ordered the stripes and was also told a little trimming was in order. Considering they could have this done professionally in bulk it is kind of a joke they charge $50 for a few inches of stripe and then they don't even fit. I still haven't decided if I am going to tackle this my self or take it to the dealer. I was thinking if the pieces are small maybe my photo trimmer would work.

Been there, done that, talked with Keith and took it to a pro. Yes they require trimming no matter what route you go. The stripe man ha the exact same material in stock and could have made them for me. Make sure you specifically ask for the correct year as the color difference and material is different on the 07-08. This is according to Keith and the actual rep at the place where the Shelby stripes are made.

How many inches of stripe does it take to cover the GT500 spoiler??? It would seem to me that you could just order the SGT trunk stripe kit and it would fit just fine over the GT500 spoiler without any trimming involved, or if it takes more tape than that, order the roof stripe kit and that should be more than enough to cover a spoiler...Unless I'm missing something here, that's the way I plan to go anyway...

How many inches of stripe does it take to cover the GT500 spoiler??? It would seem to me that you could just order the SGT trunk stripe kit and it would fit just fine over the GT500 spoiler without any trimming involved, or if it takes more tape than that, order the roof stripe kit and that should be more than enough to cover a spoiler...Unless I'm missing something here, that's the way I plan to go anyway...

The trunk pieces are only available as part of a larger set that costs $$$.

Received the shelby GT500 spoiler stripe kit last week. The issue I had with local shops is none of their silver metallic vinyl matched the 07 color. Also the shelby kit is angle cut to follow the curves in the spoiler. According to Keith @ SPP the color shades are Ford or Shelby proprietary. Who knows for sure but the angle cut makes all the difference in the world for ease of installation. The width difference is not very noticeable and all you really have to do is trim the last inch or so to blend into the existing stripes.

Received the shelby GT500 spoiler stripe kit last week. The issue I had with local shops is none of their silver metallic vinyl matched the 07 color. Also the shelby kit is angle cut to follow the curves in the spoiler. According to Keith @ SPP the color shades are Ford or Shelby proprietary. Who knows for sure but the angle cut makes all the difference in the world for ease of installation. The width difference is not very noticeable and all you really have to do is trim the last inch or so to blend into the existing stripes.

On my V6 spoiler I'm going to try to use the extra roof stripe I have.

Wish me luck!

I just went thru all the bs with regards to the stripes.

1. The GT500 kit will work and needs ordered year specific for color and stripe material match.

2. The stripe will look different in color until it is on the car. Mine was the same way and a characteristic of metal flake paint, depending on the angle viewed.

3. Trimming is minor and there is just enough in that kit to do it. All stripe kits require some trimming and these kits just like the one on the car overlap each other.

4. Ford does not make the kit Shelby has a vendor they get them from and Keith at SPP knows him as I delt with this getting an 07 kit (same fit) but slight color and thickness difference. You would need a micrometer to see that.

5. I have a post in here where you can see my rear GT500 spoiler and stripes. Anyway that is what you will go thru to stripe it correctly. You don't need 3ft of stripe.

I just went thru all the bs with regards to the stripes.

1. The GT500 kit will work and needs ordered year specific for color and stripe material match.

2. The stripe will look different in color until it is on the car. Mine was the same way and a characteristic of metal flake paint, depending on the angle viewed.

3. Trimming is minor and there is just enough in that kit to do it. All stripe kits require some trimming and these kits just like the one on the car overlap each other.

4. Ford does not make the kit Shelby has a vendor they get them from and Keith at SPP knows him as I delt with this getting an 07 kit (same fit) but slight color and thickness difference. You would need a micrometer to see that.

5. I have a post in here where you can see my rear GT500 spoiler and stripes. Anyway that is what you will go thru to stripe it correctly. You don't need 3ft of stripe.

I installed the stripe on my GT500 spoiler. It came out perfect, and NO trimming was required. The stripe is a tad off, color wise.

With regard to to trimming might i suggest looking for a custom Marine Decal shop in your area....

I once designed the baot name in custom font, and drew a Marvin the Martian charchter and had it maid of the same material. They have ultra accurate lazer cuttin tools and if the can do a 3 color custom carttoon chacter drawn by hand, and a four foot hide boat name for $230.

You should be able to get a straight line for $20.

Atleast it will only take a phone call to find out.

I installed the stripe on my GT500 spoiler. It came out perfect, and NO trimming was required. The stripe is a tad off, color wise.

My spoiler and stripes just arrived. I am still thinking of doing the install myself. No template with the spoiler (purchased on ebay), but it has some kind of guide pieces that I guess stick to the truck once you lay the spoiler in position and show you where the holes need to be drilled.

As usual with SPP, there are no instructions what so ever for installing the stripes. As others have said, they are cut to shape apparently for the curves in the surface. When I laid them out over the existing stripes, they actually looked just slightly narrower than the existing stripes, so what are you supposed to trim? Hopefully they are on the backing in the right position relative to top and bottom. I am assuming you install the small, lower piece first and then overlap the top piece. Do the stipes go right to the edge of the existing stripes? I noticed the GT 500's have a small gap at the top and bottom. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Archived