TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fays2 Watts Link

Which frame did you use? Some of us got the short frame for the GT, I determined that the short frame was not needed and made proper setup a serious undertaking. There are a couple of issues that will cause clunking that I know of, one is the drivers side mounting bracket that sticks straight back, it can run into the exhaust above it if its set to high. Lowering that bracket is all about getting the propeller in the right position ie. lower. The initial instruction I got said to set the propeller to either 2 O'clock or 4 O'clock I don't recall now, but if you do that the control rods will crash into the propeller when the suspension compresses. I recommend no more then 10-12 degrees 4 O'clock is 30 degrees on the propeller. If you have the short frame call and talk to Jim at Fays2.

I remember when I ordered that I was supposed to get a different frame for this car. Don't know if it was shorter or longer, but it was not the "regular" one. I guess I better call Jim Fay and see what I got. I am not excited about having to do all that again.

I remember when I ordered that I was supposed to get a different frame for this car. Don't know if it was shorter or longer, but it was not the "regular" one. I guess I better call Jim Fay and see what I got. I am not excited about having to do all that again.

The shorter frame only has three positions for the centerlink. The standard frame has six positions. I used the fourth position from the top on the standard frame. It gave me an 3/4 inch of clearance and allowed the centerlink to be position at less then 10 degrees, while keeping the control arms parallel to the axle.

I am pretty sure I only had three positions and had to use the bottom one to have enough room for the hardware. Sounds like I have some work to do.

The shorter frame only has three positions for the centerlink. The standard frame has six positions. I used the fourth position from the top on the standard frame. It gave me an 3/4 inch of clearance and allowed the centerlink to be position at less then 10 degrees, while keeping the control arms parallel to the axle.

Archived