TEAM SHELBY FORUM

M.S.R.P. ON THE GT500KR

I LOVE THE CAR BUT JUST CAN'T SEE WHERE THE MASSIVE KR CONVERSION MARK UP WAS GENERATED FROM. EVEN IF THE UNIT WAS $68,000 THEY WOULD STILL MAKE A NICE PROFIT FOR WHAT THEY ARE PUTTING INTO IT, THE S.S. IS A BARGIN WITH ALL THE PERFORMANCE MODS AS COMPARED TO THE KR.

C'MON GUYS LOWER THE PRICE TO SOMETHING REALISTIC

I LOVE THE CAR BUT JUST CAN'T SEE WHERE THE MASSIVE KR CONVERSION MARK UP WAS GENERATED FROM. EVEN IF THE UNIT WAS $68,000 THEY WOULD STILL MAKE A NICE PROFIT FOR WHAT THEY ARE PUTTING INTO IT, THE S.S. IS A BARGIN WITH ALL THE PERFORMANCE MODS AS COMPARED TO THE KR.

C'MON GUYS LOWER THE PRICE TO SOMETHING REALISTIC

+100, you are right on IMO also.

I know its an old, obvious and oft-repeated saying, but they will sell for whatever people are willing to pay for them. I can't personally see paying THAT much money for a souped up Mustang. How many will be made? It better darn sure be rare for that cost!!!

The GT500KR is $68k? And they want $30k-$50k over? Sounds like a great deal. Where can I get mine? I hope there are some left.

CaptDave

The dealer from whom I bought my GT 500 at MSRP has a deal on a GT500KR. He E-mailed me the other day to see if I knew anyone who wanted a KR at a fair price.

Go to Ford MoCO web and do a dealer search for Andrews Ford in Tylertown, Mississippi. Danny Andrews is the man to speak with.

The dealer from whom I bought my GT 500 at MSRP has a deal on a GT500KR. He E-mailed me the other day to see if I knew anyone who wanted a KR at a fair price.

Go to Ford MoCO web and do a dealer search for Andrews Ford in Tylertown, Mississippi. Danny Andrews is the man to speak with.

Thanks for the heads up. They don't have any mustangs listed on the web but I shot them an email.

Are you in MS? If so Hail fellow Magnolia State resident! Hope things are getting back to normal for you. I haven't been down there since just after Katrina.

I live in Mobile, Al - havn't had the stomach to go see the Mississippi Sound area towns since - not into gambling either; however, the latest buzz is the ThysenKrup steel mill and EADS tanker contract for the Mobile area. Its only a 30 - 45 minute drive for our Ms. neighbors to work over here.

I was extremly fortunate to have met Danny Andrews and to buy a GT500 at MSRP, especially when the ADM was 5-20K. His recient Email put the bug into my head: thinking of selling my Red coupe to buy the KR, especially if he can locate a good deal.

Besides, when the KR was announced it was some of the most exciting American automobile news in a long time. It still is an attractive package - Ford factory production specs! One day the blog will read " I could have bought one or had the opportunity at $X price, wish I did!" It may be a toy for rich boys as some one noted, nevertheless, it is for sale brand spanking new, but not forever!!!

Danny # is 601-876-2166

The only way I would even consider it is if Ford magically gave me a VIP allocation- you can take those to any dealer in the U.S., and they HAVE to honor the deal at MSRP. No ADMs are allowed... Would that not be the greatest con ever to forge that deal?!?!?

But whatever...Ill go buy a boat instead...

friend of mine who owns a dealership in a small adjacent town recently found out that he won the lottery for a kr. List is around 81k, and he thinks he has it sold to a guy in TX for 50k over list. I guess I don't have the right kind of job, sure beyond my means.

$81,000 sticker for a KR Mustang. What a joke. There are brand new '08 Z06s that will grease a KR in every concievable performance category advertised on the Corvette board for $62,650!

I just returned from Palm Springs and they will be asking $185,000 for their KR...this seems to be the range with the dealer ADMS. I also looked at a 2008 Bentley and a 2008 Astin Martin both selling for $175,000. Kind of puts things in perspective. Which would you rather have at that price. I think the answer is obvious...the last two options. Ths Shelby thing is getting way overated...and I'm a big fan.

Just good marketing.

If they can sell all of them at that price (or higher), then I guess it's not priced too high.

It's just like anything else and the same old arguement. The price of anything is what the market will bear.

Just like gas. :slapfight:

Although I do agree with these statements to a degree, I disagree with the pricing from the getgo. I recently had to give up my #1 spot for a KR simply because it is/will be priced out of my range. Now, this is not just about it being priced out of my range it's about how with all the hype the car is priced out of most working guys range, even at MSRP. am I bitter? DAMN RIGHT I AM! I really wanted this car and I had an idea what it might be worth based on the few mods over a GT500.... but I was wrong. Up here north of the border it'll be 100,000.00+ all day long and that does not include ADM's. Suddenly it has become a car for the wealthy and not for folks with dirt under their nails. How many will we see at the track? Probably none yet you could bet your a$$ if I got one you'd be seeing it where it belongs. Being modded to go faster and at the track shifting at redline. Hell, I doubt you'll ever see one on the road, they'll all be bubble wrapped in a climate controlled garage for the next 25 years and then resold with 200 miles and the stickers still on the tires.

End of rant

Paul,

I am sorry to hear the news on your quest to buy the KR. I remember talking to you on the phone about it on your birthday. That sucks.

One good thing is that we will know someone that will have one and drive it. :happy feet:

I have heard that he will even haul Acorns in it. :hysterical:

Paul,

I am sorry to hear the news on your quest to buy the KR. I remember talking to you on the phone about it on your birthday. That sucks.

One good thing is that we will know someone that will have one and drive it. :happy feet:

I have heard that he will even haul Acorns in it. :hysterical:

Well, I am happy for the nut man.

Here's the kicker! I gave up my spot for my deposit only. What I put down was all I wanted! After reading the entire 100.00 book thread I just thought I'd bring that up.

The person that I gave my spot up too has a very nice collection and he promised me I could take my son up to see all of them. That there is worth more than any money I could've squeezed from him

I was in Riata Ford 2 weeks ago and they told me they were getting one. The price would be GET THIS $150,000.00 They also said they turned down an offer for $130k. I wish there was a LAW against this. I know I paid over for gt500 but this is just wrong!!!!

Lets be real here guys! Any and all of these will go to collectors for the plastic bubble. They average "I want one to drive" guys will never see one of these. So be it, who cares really.... even if I could afford to toss $150K+ out the door, I would probably not drive the dang thing anyways, unless I was a multi-millionaire! Then it would all be relative. I see how I act when I drive my GT500 I got at MSRP..... The car is out of reach for true Mustang lovers.... it is a high end stock pick!

The truth is most people that can afford these

at the obscene pricing are not going to donate their

money to line a dealers pockets. Thats is opposite

of how you learn to become a millionaire. Very few

people will pay these prices. Lets see what the car

market looks like in 1-3 months. I bet you will

see a change in the price gouging once the

Recession is in full force. Just my .02C

Note: Something my Mom told me: A fool and his money will soon part company.

Absolutely. Ford and their employees have done

an excellent job in both the creation of the new

GT500 and the level of quality they have maintained

during the GT500 sales campaign. Like any great

idea and product there is always a time span in

which the newness wears off and the next new

item comes into play. This will play itself over

and over until the market is saturated. It is very

obvious in watching the GT500 market that time

has arrived. The dealers are getting overloaded

with Shelby inventory. I recieved a call that our

Ford regional sales contact is trying to find buyers

for Shelby cars sitting on other dealers lots. The US

job market has shed over 200,000 jobs since Jan 1.

The credit crunch is also a big factor. I was offered

the 08KR at 10K over msrp about a month ago and passed.

I said when its 10K under msrp give me a call.

I may be wrong but the car should be 70K Max.

Your post is a breath of fresh air after reading continuous nonsense about these cars being investments. What will an '08 KR be worth in '10 or '11 when the latest greatest of the KRs sports a fresh skin, multiple upgades, and more horsepower. 6 figures for a new Mustang, who in their right mind is going to dump this kind of cash when there is every indication that these cars will be produced for many years to come. Have we forgotten about the "limited" 2 year run for the GT500? Once again the "limit" will be how many they can sell over the years to come. The Shelby badging of Mustangs will have a finite term of interest. Ford knows this and will capitolize on this bubble of interest and enthusiasm that currently exists for as long as it lasts.

Ford has already announced that they are going to produce an additional 800 units of the KR bringing the total allocation TODAY to 1,800...now that's one heck of a collectable :hysterical3: ...like I said before Bentley or Aston Martin for the same price..which would you choose if you had that kind of money?

Archived