TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CSM already registered

kaiserkreb

Hey guys, just curious as to what I should do, I go to enter my car into the unified registry, but it's telling me that my car has been registered already, I assume by the previous owner who put less than 500 miles on it before it was repossesed. How can I go about reclaiming the registry entry I am entitled to? I have every document I could ever need to prove it is my vehicle, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Darren

Darren,

You can call SAI and ask for the person who manages the Registry. They can "reset" the entry (essentially erase it) and you can start over. I had to do this when I forgot to enter some important information in mine. I can't recall the guy's name - but I got to him quickly and he reset it over the phone. He did want some verification that it was me and that I was the true owner of the car. Shouldn't be a big deal.

Something to consider. To maintain the pedigree of the car, you may want to see if you can be added as the new (2nd) owner, while keeping the original ownership intact, for historical purposes.

Darren,

You can call SAI and ask for the person who manages the Registry. They can "reset" the entry (essentially erase it) and you can start over. I had to do this when I forgot to enter some important information in mine. I can't recall the guy's name - but I got to him quickly and he reset it over the phone. He did want some verification that it was me and that I was the true owner of the car. Shouldn't be a big deal.

Something to consider. To maintain the pedigree of the car, you may want to see if you can be added as the new (2nd) owner, while keeping the original ownership intact, for historical purposes.

Archived