TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Tribute to the GT350 - 2007 Style

I thought I would post this here for all of the Shelby Enthusiasts to take a look at and offer opinions. The GT350 is my most favorite Shelby of all time and not sure what I will do if Shelby does indeed build a GT350 down the road.

My car started as a normal old Mustang GT and I added the Cali Special front and Rear Bumpers, GT500 spoiler, Torq Thrust Wheels, Agent 47 Mirrors, Shelby Hood Pins, and a bunch of interior goodies. Paint stripes and the GT350 decal on the side. I need to add the periods though for "G.T. 350".

The engine includes the Whipple HO Kit running 12 PSI. The exhaust is a Pypes O/R Pipe, SLP FowerFlow axel back and the suspension includes Roush components along with BMR components.

Let me know what everyone thinks!

MustangPhotos31608024.jpg

MustangPhotos31608022.jpg

MustangPhotos31608017.jpg

MustangPhotos31608019.jpg

MustangPhotos31608013.jpg

MustangPhotos31608011.jpg

MustangPhotos31608012.jpg

Very Nice.

If those are indeed the BFG KDW's how do you like them?

They are indeed! I love them. My only complaint is that they don't make a 295/40/18 size. That would give me a little taller sidewall in the rear to help fill the fender. With the one inch drop though, the 285/40/18's look fine. The tread pattern is great and they offer excellent traction.

The other tires I considered were the Nitto's and Falken RT615.

Apex

Like what you have done.

I think I saw your car on another site a few months ago, when I was debating about getting anthracite torq thusts. Yours looked so good it helped me pull the trigger - I love mine with the silver stripes. Thanks.

Bob

The Paxton Shebly was renamed G.T. 350 S, the "R" model was the name for the race version available from Shelby/Ford for trans-am racing, not intended for street use, a VERY different car than the street version. Street version=306bhp, carpet/glass windows/mostly sheet metal, Race version=350+bhp with no comfort amenities, plexiglass windows, and a few more fiberglass pieces. I like what you have done with your car. We were doing the same thing in December of 04, not knowing what the 07 Cobra was going to look like this is how we did it:

April07030.jpg

April07029.jpg

April07028-1.jpg

April07027.jpg

April07026.jpg

Derek

I thought about renaming it G.T.350R or G.T.350S/C

I believe when C.Shelby added the Paxton, he renamed it G.T.350R. So keeping with tradition, I might go for that.

Apex

I really like your side stripes more than mine. Good looking car bud!

When we first started modding this car there were few things available in Dec of 04, so the only graphics I had to choose from were for a 99-04 Mustang. I got them from Graphics Express in Inverness FL, they came as two complete side strip packages that I had to cut out for the letters. The letters were on a separate page and could be spaced however you like. At first I was worried about the look with the letters split on the door and front fender, but now I have no regrets.

Derek

• 3 months later...

Let me ask, at 12 psi what are you pushing out for HP at the flywheel? Overall I really like the looks of the cars, but I am really a sucker for the '67 hood, it gets me every time. I do like the '47 mirrors, too, nice touch.

Both cars look great, guys. BTW, dhof303 is correct, the paxton s/c car was the GT350S, and the R was entirely different altogether.

Chris

Let me ask, at 12 psi what are you pushing out for HP at the flywheel? Overall I really like the looks of the cars, but I am really a sucker for the '67 hood, it gets me every time. I do like the '47 mirrors, too, nice touch.

Chris

Sure, at 12 psi I am pushing 475 HP to the rear wheels. I just removed the O/R H pipe and now it dyno'd at 465 HP at the rear wheels. The O/R H was just too damn loud with my SLP Power Flow axle backs. Now the sound is perfect and I can finally here the Whipple!

My AFR is really flat around 11 - 11.5. Brenspeed handled the tune. It has some excellent torq down low!

The car looks great. I saw another similar tribute at a car show recently when the NMRA was up here at Milan.

Thanks for the compliment. I'm on another board right now arguing with some joker that is basically calling my car a poser. I told the dude that until Shelby/Ford start building a actual GT350, I'm not sure what I am posing against! Ha,ha! It is a tribute car. My tribute to one of the coolest mustangs built! (just my .02)

Thanks for the compliment. I'm on another board right now arguing with some joker that is basically calling my car a poser. I told the dude that until Shelby/Ford start building a actual GT350, I'm not sure what I am posing against! Ha,ha! It is a tribute car. My tribute to one of the coolest mustangs built! (just my .02)

Jealous!!! :hysterical:

The cars look great!

I like the eleanor style hood.

Archived