TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Baby Shelby

torchredgt

So irritated, I figured only you guys would understand. So last night around 11 I walk over to this pizza place around the corner and run into this guy I used to know. I didn't recognize him because had bleached his hair blonde had on these rediculously large sunglasses( 11pm) some crazy short and cowboy boots. And he was with this like 50 year old guy ( he had to tell me he had a viper)and he was telling me about all these playboy playmates he is dating. Anyway I wasn't really impressed,kind of felt sorry for the guy. Any way we started talking about cars and I told him how I traded in my 05 Gt for a shelby, and the older guy looks at me and asks what year? I told him 07 and he said " Oh, is it one of those baby shelbys?" I was like um yeah its a shelby gt :rant: . I really wanted to put the guy in his place, but it was late and I was hungry and didn't feel like arguing with him. It just bothered me so much and I am still thinking about it.

Okay thanks for letting me rant

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So irritated, I figured only you guys would understand. So last night around 11 I walk over to this pizza place around the corner and run into this guy I used to know. I didn't recognize him because had bleached his hair blonde had on these rediculously large sunglasses( 11pm) some crazy short and cowboy boots. And he was with this like 50 year old guy and he was telling me about all these playboy playmates he is dating. Anyway I wasn't really impressed,kind of felt sorry for the guy. Any way we started talking about cars and I told him how I traded in my 05 Gt for a shelby, and the older guy looks at me and asks what year? I told him 07 and he said " Oh, is it one of those baby shelbys?" I was like um yeah its a shelby gt :rant: . I really wanted to put the guy in his place, but it was late and I was hungry and didn't feel like arguing with him. It just bothered me so much and I am still thinking about it.

Don't feel bad, I work in a high school as a computer tech and there's one group of kids that enjoy telling me and everyone else that my Shelby is a fake, for whatever reason. Oh well, I know it's real, doesn't hurt my feelings. Just gotta let it slide.

Don't feel bad, I work in a high school as a computer tech and there's one group of kids that enjoy telling me and everyone else that my Shelby is a fake, for whatever reason. Oh well, I know it's real, doesn't hurt my feelings. Just gotta let it slide.

it just pissed me off, because he was one of those DB's who has a viper and is single and goes around dating 20 year olds and thinks he his hot sh***. I hate that type, get a clue , ya know. I prefer the SGT. It wasnt that more for the " real" Shelby, I just prefer the GT, to me its a lot more unique.

I wouldn't let it get to you to bad. It sounds like its one of those guys that can't drive worth a crap so they make up for it with a big motor. Give it some more time and you'll be the one who's much better off, it really sounds like you already are. That type of life really catches up with someone fast. The people who don't flaunt what they have and just let it be are much cooler IMO. NO ONE thinks that I own a Shelby at 20 yrs old, usually think it's my Dad's car! But I don't go around talking about it either.

Had to meet a buddy at the sporting goods store to use his truck we got a ping pong table and when the kids were loading it I heard them talking about how awesome the car was, and how they NEVER would've thought I drove something like that.

Kaiserkreb- I wish when I was in HS someone had a Shelby! I talk to some of the instructors on campus now but their Vette guys. When I first drove it to school I was in one's office they were trying to figure out who had the Shelby! :hysterical2:

Based on the way you describe those guys and their actions I would say they really don't have much going for them so far as what is truly important in life.

Also, I don't mind knowing that the SGT is the "baby" Shelby. There is always going to be something less and something more than what you have. The fact is, it is 100% Shelby. Heck, even the GT500 guys are now looking up to the Super Snakes and KR's, but they're all Shelbys.

So irritated, I figured only you guys would understand. So last night around 11 I walk over to this pizza place around the corner and run into this guy I used to know. I didn't recognize him because had bleached his hair blonde had on these rediculously large sunglasses( 11pm) some crazy short and cowboy boots. And he was with this like 50 year old guy ( he had to tell me he had a viper)and he was telling me about all these playboy playmates he is dating. Anyway I wasn't really impressed,kind of felt sorry for the guy. Any way we started talking about cars and I told him how I traded in my 05 Gt for a shelby, and the older guy looks at me and asks what year? I told him 07 and he said " Oh, is it one of those baby shelbys?" I was like um yeah its a shelby gt :rant: . I really wanted to put the guy in his place, but it was late and I was hungry and didn't feel like arguing with him. It just bothered me so much and I am still thinking about it.

Humm...before we all overreact as if this was a SGT slam it sounds as if he is saying any new Shelby is a "baby Shelby". All he asked for was the year...sounds to me he considers anything but a 60's car a "baby Shelby" not just SGTs.

But you're right...why argue and why bother. He means NOTHING to you and so should his opinion. You should have asked him if he's ever able to talk to or date these "playboy playmates" without giving a credit card. :hysterical2:

it just pissed me off, because he was one of those DB's who has a viper and is single and goes around dating 20 year olds and thinks he his hot sh***. I hate that type, get a clue , ya know. I prefer the SGT. It wasnt that more for the " real" Shelby, I just prefer the GT, to me its a lot more unique.

Viper's are junk, for the record. =)

I've yet to see a dodge that doesn't have a TERRIBLE interior design, looks like it was just stickers put on randomly by a 3 year old and they went with it. Just my opinion of course. I do hear that the cabin temperature goes up about a million degrees once running a bit due to the exhaust being routed directly under the rocker panel though. That must be annoying.

As for the SGT stylings, I greatly prefer them as well. I had tossed the gt500 back and forth in my mind but I just didn't like the stance as much as the SGT, it just looks meaner than the 500, and the grill pretty much sold me.

hmmm...a bleached haired dude wearing disco sunglasses at night in a pair of shorts and cowboy boots with a 50 year old guy...are u sure they werent dating "each other"? :kiss::ohsnap:

Based on the way you describe those guys and their actions I would say they really don't have much going for them so far as what is truly important in life.

Also, I don't mind knowing that the SGT is the "baby" Shelby. There is always going to be something less and something more than what you have. The fact is, it is 100% Shelby. Heck, even the GT500 guys are now looking up to the Super Snakes and KR's, but they're all Shelbys.

If it makes you feel better, here is a Shelby Jr. ....

th_DSC01583.jpg

th_DSC01560.jpg

:hysterical2:

The way I see it, the SGT rides better, handles better, and is the only car that gets shipped to SAI for tweeking before it arrives at the dealership...what is not 100% Shelby about that?

I had the money and the option of purchasing either the GT500 or the SGT - both in convertible. I went with the SGT for many reasons...one of which is I did NOT want a 500HP motor sitting in my garage with 4 kids - 2 of them boys who would one day want to drive my car...319 HP is more than enough for now...Supercharger can come at any time (you'd better believe its in the plans for several years down the road when the kids aren't in the picture!).

IMO...we have one of the best cars ever made. If I had room in the garage and in my wallet, I'd buy another one that was Automatic that the wife could drive and I could use as more of a daily driver...as it is now, I hate to leave it at home and climb in my Explorer to drive to work on the bad weather days!!

I've heard the same about Vipers. There supposedly BRUTAL cars, but I still want one! :hysterical: Anyone else watch top gear? Jeremy Clarkson was testing one and the rocker panels were catching on fire from the exhaust! He said driving one was as you went out with a good mate who occasionally likes to kill people with axes, so you really can't relax. He said it was a big red angry V10 ax murderer, but I do like it though.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EDpbS2UVYj8

Then it goes up against a BMW Z4M.

Fatboy may be onto something though.........

Viper's are junk, for the record. =)

I've yet to see a dodge that doesn't have a TERRIBLE interior design, looks like it was just stickers put on randomly by a 3 year old and they went with it. Just my opinion of course. I do hear that the cabin temperature goes up about a million degrees once running a bit due to the exhaust being routed directly under the rocker panel though. That must be annoying.

As for the SGT stylings, I greatly prefer them as well. I had tossed the gt500 back and forth in my mind but I just didn't like the stance as much as the SGT, it just looks meaner than the 500, and the grill pretty much sold me.

I kinda like the SRT inside, but the SGT hits the retro style perfect. The only thing I really don't like about my SGT is that the tach is on the left, really should be on the right like the GT500. The paint actually catches on fire under the door on the viper, or so I've heard! :hysterical2:

I wouldn't let it get to you to bad. It sounds like its one of those guys that can't drive worth a crap so they make up for it with a big motor. Give it some more time and you'll be the one who's much better off, it really sounds like you already are. That type of life really catches up with someone fast. The people who don't flaunt what they have and just let it be are much cooler IMO. NO ONE thinks that I own a Shelby at 20 yrs old, usually think it's my Dad's car! But I don't go around talking about it either.

Sounds to me like the others have said, dosen't have much going for him :kuko: And if He is single, lives at home with mom, it's probably a P:censored:s Extension at best :hysterical2: SGT's Top Notch Genuine Artical

Don't let it get to you. I have to put up with those comments on a regular basis and it has gotten to the point that it really doesn't bother me anymore. I just tell people that consider my car to be inferior that it is as much a real Shelby as the 500 and if they don't believe me they are welcome to look at the dash plaque that has a verifiable SAI build number.

From what I can gather from the conversations I have had people don't think the SGT is a "real" Shelby because there has been almost no advertising or press coverage. Hopefully the latest Motor Trend article will help the ignorant to understand that the 500 is not the only new Shelby on the road.

If you want to shut them up, ask them to show you the Shelby GT on the www.ford.com site...its not there. Then ask them to show you the GT500 on the www.shelbyautos.com site aside from the KR and SS packages...its not there. The reason is that Ford makes the GT500 and Shelby makes the SGT. I am not saying the GT500 is a bad ride, but its not built by Shelby.

I wouldn't let it bother you.When I had my 05 GTO the Pontiac purists would harass me about the car all the time.Thing is most of them didn't have S$#T!It outperformed all of the originals in every way.So when asked if they cared to test them out against each other,Excuses!

Now we have what is thought to have been at the time the modern version of the GT350,Don't flame me,You know it's true!The Shelby GT will outperform 99% of it's previous brothers in all ways!I used to laugh at he uninformed.Remember that idiots make for cheap entertainment!

If you want to shut them up, ask them to show you the Shelby GT on the www.ford.com site...its not there. Then ask them to show you the GT500 on the www.shelbyautos.com site aside from the KR and SS packages...its not there. The reason is that Ford makes the GT500 and Shelby makes the SGT. I am not saying the GT500 is a bad ride, but its not built by Shelby.

:hysterical2: Shelby 'built' the SGT? :hysterical2:

:hysterical2: Shelby 'built' the SGT? :hysterical2:

I think he referring to the fact that the specially prepped Mustang GT's become Shelby GT's at SAI in Vegas, whereas GT500's become Shelbys in Michigan - both 100% Shelbys!!!! :happy feet:

It's this kind of elitist attitude that ruined SAAC--I have a real Shelby you don't... They are all "real Shelbys"; albiet for different reasons. Grow up.

Stuart

In defense of Vipers and their owners. Vipers were helped along by Caroll . He had alot to do with the design suggestions and look of it. So keep in mind if the dude said : Baby Shelby:, there could be some truth to it since the Vipers have a V10 and about 5-6 hundred H.P. And you got to admit they look BADDD! I was at an open track Viper owners event at Thunder hill raceway and was just watching with my Saleen, and the Viper owners asked me if I would like to go out and play with them for free! I said kool, 2 open track sessions for FREE! Really a lot of nice dudes in the Club. I could stay with most of them in the corners and tight stuff but on the Straits they hauled ass and smoked me. Once again Vipers are also welcomed here at TS. SUDDEN.

I really dont like when SGT owners talk down about the GT500...Regardless of who builds/mods what, It is a Shelby and it is a great ride. I wish I had one too.

There are really only 2 groups,

those who thumb their noses at the other guys car (from either side)

and those who love them both.

Put me with the second group.

I was going to say "latter" but I thought you might think I was saying goodbye in a Jersey accent. :hysterical2:

There are really only 2 groups,

those who thumb their noses at the other guys car (from either side)

and those who love them both.

Put me with the second group.

+1 or 2, Second group is what I'm trying to say. SHELBY!!!!!!!!!!

Archived