TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New SVT Link, more info

crispy23c

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree.

I wouldn't be surprised to see actual hp push past 500.

I think 490-510hp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, I don't think they will revise documented numbers to reflect that.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.......... and MERRY CHRISTMAS.

KingCobra.

Correct. New SAE reporting is voluntary, and Ford did not go with the new rating system for this engine....and that gives them some wiggle room (in our favor)!!!

Boy, sounds like a return to HP ratings in the 60's. I don't know why everyone can't just agree on one standard - that way, 400HP in a Ford would equal 400HP in a chevy etc. It's not like they can't measure it!! :angry:

So......what are you expecting for final output???

Is there any way to find out???

KingCobra.

Last whisper I heard was 575 @ the crank, but emissions were not done yet. Really. Maybe w/emissions, it will be a little less, but I fully expect to be able to be able to alter the time-space vectors with this thing. Let's hope nothing changes. I would also fully expect it to be "rated" at 475 hp.

Joe, don't be mad...you'll have the fastest '475 HP' muscle car around! PROMISE!!!

I really don't mind admitting ignorance, but what is the difference between hp actual and rated at the crank?

Is the 475 not at the crank or is it measured on the dyno, is there a difference???

Please help me with this one.

KingCobra.

I really don't mind admitting ignorance, but what is the difference between hp actual and rated at the crank?

Is the 475 not at the crank or is it measured on the dyno, is there a difference???

Please help me with this one.

KingCobra.

475 is estimated {by Ford}crank HP. Until someome actually has the car in their possession and takes it to a Dyno can we know for sure . We then will know that particular cars actual rear wheel hp ,which then will indicate about 10-15% less than crank HP due to drive train loss.

Hope this doesn't confuse you even more. :blink:

No, it's all good now!!!

I think I got it.

Now I wanna get it.

475hp vs 500hp, would you really tell the difference with hp and torque that high,

would any of us really ever be able to drive anywhere near that level anyway???

KingCobra.

475hp vs 500hp, would you really tell the difference with hp and torque that high,

would any of us really ever be able to drive anywhere near that level anyway???

KingCobra.

No, but I like the bragging rights!! B) That and being able to put a few balding Vette owners in their place (apologies to any balding Vette owners here, you are excluded <_< ).

Archived