TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anybody in Temecula yesterday? (On Saturday)..

1965coupe

I saw a black '07 driving through the wine country. Had the GT500 "Shelby" badge on the left of the trunklid, instead of "Shelby" across the entire trunklid.

Also had the GT500 spoiler, Hertz hood, and what appeared to be fog lights in the grill..

Anybody on this forum?

I wasn't driving mine because the owner of my work was going to be there- he knows my car and we are not allowed to park in the regular "guest" lot.. but I do anyway.. I am not about to park in the "employee" gravel lot.. :censored:

Sounds like a Frankenstein car! :hysterical2:

Hi,

Wasn't me I was beaching an LCU on the strand on Saturday.

Off topic... I live in Clairmont (San Diego), do we have a sizeable group in San diego county? I would love to meet Y'all.

V/R,

Stephen Vick

BTW: It occurs to me it also may have been a bad clone.

:huh:

I don't know.. It had EVERYTHING.. black Shelby rims, rocker panel stripes, silver stripes, hood pins, California Special bumpers, etc..

I was going to go follow the guy, but I wasn't in my car.. It would have been kind of weird.. :hysterical:

:huh:

I don't know.. It had EVERYTHING.. black Shelby rims, rocker panel stripes, silver stripes, hood pins, California Special bumpers, etc..

I was going to go follow the guy, but I wasn't in my car.. It would have been kind of weird.. :hysterical:

All of the above are on ebay...so who knows. The reason I wondered that is the "Shelby" at the rear as you said. I think our letters look way better, can't see someone taking them off, and they are harder to get. You need to order from SPP while the GT500 "Shelby" is available all over.

There is a white CA Special near me that took off the CS stripe on the side and installed stripes like ours...always makes me do a double take.

All of the above are on ebay...so who knows. The reason I wondered that is the "Shelby" at the rear as you said. I think our letters look way better, can't see someone taking them off, and they are harder to get. You need to order from SPP while the GT500 "Shelby" is available all over.

There is a white CA Special near me that took off the CS stripe on the side and installed stripes like ours...always makes me do a double take.

I know what you mean.

At the Queen Mary Mustang show last fall, there was a black Cal Special with the factory hood scoop and silver stripes, as well as rocker stripes. Also, it had a billet grill.

From far away, my parents said there was a black Shelby GT.. It certainly looked that way.. Sometimes, you really have to do a double-take to see if it's a clone..

It was a real Shelby GT #1795. The SHELBY letters on the rear are a better match to the GT script. Fog lights are center grille until Shelby Performance Parts makes the lower ones available. "Frankenstein"? Get real. With all of the mods out there, there is no one correct combination.

Wasn't me I was beaching an LCU on the strand on Saturday.

Off topic... I live in Clairmont (San Diego), do we have a sizeable group in San diego county? I would love to meet Y'all.

V/R,

Stephen Vick

I agree it would be great to find and meet more people here in the San Diego area!

Now 2 people :)

Archived