TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Atlanta Area Tornado

stpracer43

Been watching the news on the tornado and severe weather around the ATL area. Certainly sad news about the loss of life, but thankfully it was not more widespread.

Hope all our TS members and their extended families are safe.

Keith

I had a gig at the Ritz Saturday night. Downtown was really trashed, I was pretty surprised. Lots of stuff on the ground that should have been up in the air. I had to drive down the sidewalk part of the way (around the roadblocks) to get there. Since I was hauling gear, I had the SHO, not the GT500.

I talked to a Red Cross volunteer, who said that all the emergency procedures worked very well, and the response was prompt and all was under control very quickly. That's a good thing, but having been through two real disasters, I'm not so sure they would have held up quite as well for something more widespread.

Thanks for your thoughts...

Mike C

I was lucky enough to miss most of the worst of it. I'm located on the east side of Atlanta so it came my way. One storm went just north of us and the one that went through Atl Saturday afternoon went just south so very lucky i would say. All and all i haven't heard from anyone that i know of that was injured, but for the one that lost there life in pope county. Thanks for all the concern.

Blake

Archived