TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got new SGT this week. Anybody beat this deal?

CMG

I picked up a new 2007 black on black shelby gt this week for what I considered a steal and the best price Ive found after shopping for months. It was in the showroom with 17 miles on it It is a low option cloth int. car which is what I wanted. I paid 30,900.00. I love it. Ive already added the 20" razor wheels and plan to add S/C in future. Car drove way better than I expected in stock trim. Just curious if anyone has heard of one cheaper than that new.

This is certainly a GREAT DEAL! At this price the, I believe the dealer was certainly losing money on this sale. But you don't have the best buy. I found mine (also a low option car, but a premium with leather) for less than 30K with zero percent financing...

The car is well worth lots more, but getting a great deal just makes it all the sweeter. Enjoy it!!

I picked up a new 2007 black on black shelby gt this week for what I considered a steal and the best price Ive found after shopping for months. It was in the showroom with 17 miles on it It is a low option cloth int. car which is what I wanted. I paid 30,900.00. I love it. Ive already added the 20" razor wheels and plan to add S/C in future. Car drove way better than I expected in stock trim. Just curious if anyone has heard of one cheaper than that new.

Welcome CMG & a very good deal for all three! I went back & forth about the premium or the deluxe with IUP & shaker 500 when I ordered mine. I like the leather but I also like the cloth (kinda like the old pony interior with the running horses). Anyway, Congrats to all above :D

So much for resale value.... :banghead:

i wonder how the gt500 used market is holding up...man thats a serious loss of dollars in just a few months..may be high gas priced is to blame...paid 3.10 in missouri today..month ago it was 2.50 per gallon...just a thought

So much for resale value.... :banghead:

It will come back, same thing happened to the Mach 1 a couple years ago, they could not give away the last couple so the used ones went dirt cheap. A couple years later the value went up, now it is starting to go back down and level off.

It will come back, same thing happened to the Mach 1 a couple years ago, they could not give away the last couple so the used ones went dirt cheap. A couple years later the value went up, now it is starting to go back down and level off.

I would expect maybe 4 or 5 grand in depreciation in the first couple years like any other new vehicle. Assuming one paid low to mid 30's thats 10 to 15 grand in a years time, wow! Thats a higher rate of depreciation than my wifes 06 GT, purchase price versus current value.

I sold my 03 Mach last spring for 19,500 with only 9,100 miles and a little over two years of ext. warranty. Couldn't get any interest in it till i dropped it under 20 grand.

Not doubting anyones word but the more i think about it, 23 grand is a little hard to believe with only 6,000 miles and only a year old. Thats in the range i see low mile 07 regular GT's priced at.

Oh I definately got the best deal and my Dad is better than your Dad, and and.... That is the way you guys sound! They are all great deals when you own the nicest Mustang on the planet, a Shelby. Come on now if you bought this car for what type of deal you can get your not a real Shelby man!!!! Buy the car because you like it, the deal you got was just a bonus.

granted i didnt buy mine new but i did pick my 07 up yesterday with 6000 miles loaded with everything but tinted windows and paid 23k for it

You are very, very fortunate. 7 months ago I paid $16,000 (including GGT, TTL) more for my new car (shaker 1000, premium, no IUP or Sirius) than you paid for your car.

Had the oil changed today for the second time (9,000 miles). Congrats on a great deal. You will love your car okie.

I'm not calling doomsday here but the end of the new musclecar era may be closer than we thought.People get antsy when the price of gas goes up 20 cents!What's the big deal!Plenty of people are dumping these cars in prep for doomsday.WTF!Let's put gas prices in perspective,If you have a twenty gallon tank and fill it once a week at $2.00 a gallon it will cost you $40.00.So let's say the price of fuel goes to $5.00 a gallon,It's now $100.00 to fill up.That's an increase of $60.00 a week!Now granted I realize that higher fuel prices drive up shipping costs and everything else but if you bought a new car and don't have $100.00 a week to spare for the bad times,The new car may not have been your first mistake.Enjoy our new musclecar era while you cann because this type of thinking will kill it soon enough for no good reason.BTW,I'm not rich,I just hate to see when people get worried over things they can't control.Thinking ahead is not a bad idea,But you have got to have some fun,Life is not a dress rehearsal.

Did you say a cloth interior?

That's wrong! Humm....I need to go back and look it up but I am 99.9% sure that even Deluxe cars were fitted with the leather seats as part of being a SGT. Like the wheels etc., these were automatic updates as part of the Upfitters package. While you kept the rubber steering wheel you were supposed to get leather seats.

If I fine the reference for what came in the 54U package I will post but that's my recollection.

Anyone else?

I'm not calling doomsday here but the end of the new musclecar era may be closer than we thought.People get antsy when the price of gas goes up 20 cents!What's the big deal!Plenty of people are dumping these cars in prep for doomsday.WTF!Let's put gas prices in perspective,If you have a twenty gallon tank and fill it once a week at $2.00 a gallon it will cost you $40.00.So let's say the price of fuel goes to $5.00 a gallon,It's now $100.00 to fill up.That's an increase of $60.00 a week!Now granted I realize that higher fuel prices drive up shipping costs and everything else but if you bought a new car and don't have $100.00 a week to spare for the bad times,The new car may not have been your first mistake.Enjoy our new musclecar era while you cann because this type of thinking will kill it soon enough for no good reason.BTW,I'm not rich,I just hate to see when people get worried over things they can't control.Thinking ahead is not a bad idea,But you have got to have some fun,Life is not a dress rehearsal.

i drive less than 10,000 miles a year. so i'm not worried about gas prices. also i have a motorcycle which is really cheap on gas.

Did you say a cloth interior?

That's wrong! Humm....I need to go back and look it up but I am 99.9% sure that even Deluxe cars were fitted with the leather seats as part of being a SGT. Like the wheels etc., these were automatic updates as part of the Upfitters package. While you kept the rubber steering wheel you were supposed to get leather seats.

If I fine the reference for what came in the 54U package I will post but that's my recollection.

Anyone else?

They did make some SGT's with cloth. I've seen them in person. I'm sure they are uncommon but if you ordered your SGT based on the deluxe, the leather was not a mandatory upgrade & is not part of the 54U package. The leather seats could be added to the deluxe package though.

Come on now if you bought this car for what type of deal you can get your not a real Shelby man!!!!

I most certainly did NOT buy the car because it was cheap! I did wait, shop carefully, and not buy until I found one that I could afford since I am just a regular working guy. The 6,000 mile used one at 23K is the real steal so long as it is perfect, and I would imagine most owners are keeping their SGT's in very fine condition.

Yes, I think mine was the best deal on the day I bought it!!

You got a great deal!

But to answer your question....YES! They "could" be had for less.

Price Information MSRP

STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $25,695

Key Standard Equipment

ORDER CODE 130A-DLX GT COUP

DRIVER & PASSENGER AIR BAGS

PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM

ANTI-LOCK BRAKES

TRACTION CONTROL

POWER 6-WAY DRIVER'S SEAT

Optional Equipment

2007 MODEL YEAR

BLACK CLEARCOAT

MEDIUM PARCHMENT CLOTH

.4.6L 3V OHC V8 ENGINE

.5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION

JOB #2 ORDER

GT UPFITTERS PACKAGE 2,140

.235/50/ZR18 TIRE

.REAR SPOILER DELETE

.FRONT SEAT SIDE AIRBAGS

.3.55 RATIO LIMITED SLIP AXLE

.18" BLK PNTD ALUMINUM WHEEL

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS 27,835

DESTINATION & DELIVERY 745

TOTAL MSRP $28,580

+ SAI $ 7,390

+ GGT $ 1,000

TOTAL MSRP $36,970

INVOICE $26,748 + SAI $7,390 + GGT $1,000 = $35,138 - $4,000 Rebates = $31,138 - $835 Holdback = $30,303

X-Plan $26,716 + SAI $7,390 + GGT $1,000 = $35,105 - $4,000 Rebates = $31,105 - $835 Holdback = $30,270

D-Plan $25,738 + SAI $7,390 + GGT $1,000 = $34,128 - $4,000 Rebates = $30,128 - $835 Holdback = $29,293

A/Z-Plan $25,638 + SAI $7,390 + GGT $1,000 = $34,028 - $4,000 Rebates = $30,028 - $835 Holdback = $29,193

This is certainly a GREAT DEAL! At this price the, I believe the dealer was certainly losing money on this sale. But you don't have the best buy. I found mine (also a low option car, but a premium with leather) for less than 30K with zero percent financing...

The car is well worth lots more, but getting a great deal just makes it all the sweeter. Enjoy it!!

That is because your dealer messed up and never added for the SAI cost! They only charged based on the factory window sticker price.

That is because your dealer messed up and never added for the SAI cost! They only charged based on the factory window sticker price.

It is my belief that they knew exactly what they were doing when they sold it. They were promoting it as a big blowout price which included all applicable rebates, and the salesman and I discussed at length what a steal it was. The price I paid was only $235 less than FMC sticker, so I don't think they would be promoting it as a great deal which included all rebates on a left-over '07 if they were intending to sell it for only $235 off sticker.

Not doubting anyones word but the more i think about it, 23 grand is a little hard to believe with only 6,000 miles and only a year old. Thats in the range i see low mile 07 regular GT's priced at.
my brother in law works at a dealership here and he picked the car up stupid cheap because of a repo. he let me have it for what he got it for. my deal isnt the typical deal and i doubt it will be a common practice.

my brother in law works at a dealership here and he picked the car up stupid cheap because of a repo. he let me have it for what he got it for. my deal isnt the typical deal and i doubt it will be a common practice.

That explains it then, congrats on a fantastic buy. :beerchug:

Archived