TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07 mileage?

ebman

hey folks. new and proud 07 sgt owner here. picked #1342 (black 5speed) up with 6000 miles on it for 23k just yesterday. im just curious what the real world mileage is on these things would be if driven half way responsible? a buddy of mine refuses to believe i could average more than 20 so im curious as to what to expect. thanks in advance.

8,000 miles on mine. 19mpg City and usually around 26mpg highway. Those are with just a bit of lead foot. When I initially drove my car from Dallas to Little Rock when I bought it...I got 30 mpg on the freeway at avg 75mph.

I've kept track of a couple of tanks--had two tanks in the mid 15's and two tanks in the mid 19's. I have to say that it does better than I would have ever expected, which is a great surprise now that high test is over 3.50 in these parts.

I've kept track of a couple of tanks--had two tanks in the mid 15's and two tanks in the mid 19's. I have to say that it does better than I would have ever expected, which is a great surprise now that high test is over 3.50 in these parts.

good to know. my mileage is also good, as good as one of the guys 6 cylinder. very good, not hard to get low 20's cruising

Welcome to the One & Only Shelby GT Forum and the GREAT bunch on here & congrats

on your new Shelby. Great Deal :)

I can't say much about the mileage as Iv'e only put about 25 miles on mine. I think that's

gonna change this weekend :happy feet:

I've got nearly 9K on mine - thanks to a few long-distance work sponsored road trips. I've averaged about 27mph on the road At a constant 80 mph on the interstate I get about 26mpg. On back roads doing about 70mph I can pull down 28. My record is an amazing 30 mpg from Alamosa, CO to Socorro, NM with a gental downgrade and a bit of a tail wind.

My 99 V6 convert I traded in got about the same mileage, the only difference being I use 91+ octane gas now.

I love hearing these reports of 25 mpg on the highway! Those are some fine numbers, and pretty similar to the Honda CR-V and V-6 vert that are our DD's...

Just drove 112 miles on mine on Thursday night to HCMC meeting and had 26.3 on the computer when it was all done, 74 on the Highway and some in town driving, normally shift around 4K RPM. Average speed on the trip was 43 (thanks to the in town driving). Super happy with the numbers I am getting and mad that I paid a GG Tax!!

i filled up my tank in Fort smith,AR then drove to Harrison,AR which is about 136 miles. when i got there i drove up to the hospital to see my grandmother. then went to McDonald's to eat then drove back to hospital. then i left Harrison and headed back to Fort Smith. i stopped at Fayettville,AR and put 8.6 gallons in the tank then i drove on home to Fort Smith. and still have between 3/4 to full tank left. its about a 260 mile round trip. i "guesstimated" that i had traveled around 202 miles when i stopped to put in 8.6 gallons of gas in the tank. as i stated i started the trip with full tank. half of the trip was on interstate and other half on state roads around some hills. i calculated about 23.38 miles per gallon. give or take. since its a ruff figure. not too bad. :bandance:

for the life of me i forgot to set the trip meter to zero when i started the trip. i was goin to do that. :doh:

Welcome to the One & Only Shelby GT Forum and the GREAT bunch on here & congrats

on your new Shelby. Great Deal :)

I can't say much about the mileage as Iv'e only put about 25 miles on mine. I think that's

gonna change this weekend :happy feet:

Yea, I got about 3 months on 1/2 tank of gas!

• 2 weeks later...

I am so excited! Just back from the Columbus swap meet and went 277 mi. on only 11.5 gal. of fuel for a whopping 24.1 mpg! That's great mileage considering we took the 2 lane through all the little towns on the way down and may have been going over 100 a couple of times on the way home...

Archived