TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone on here?

Kelsey

I came up on a white 07 SGT today on I-40 on the border of AR and OK. We drove together for a few miles, then I had to get off the interstate. Anyone on here?

I'll admit it. It was me, I was running blocker down to Texarkana this morning. We had to pick up 400 cases of Coors & be back in WI. by 6:00 tonight :hysterical2:

You'll have to let us know how it was, this is the first time your getting to put some real miles on right? What kind of S/C do you have?

EDIT: Never mind about that S/C I just signed in and saw your sig, I'm a little slow today.

My son & I took White Lightnin out for about a 100 mile trip yesterday. What an awesome car!!!!!!! We took some back road twisties down to W/Stock HD open house for a while (had to park in a crappy parking lot sideways but the attendant was nice about it). After we left there we stopped at the Ford dealer in town & three salesmen came out drueling all over it (they have never heard of a GT/SC), seemed like they didn't want us to go as they had us inside showing me the Saleens, Regency & 2 07 Black SGT's & 08 SGT conv. & the spec sheet on the Saleen Sterling. After about 30 min. I finally got out of there & headed up to Lake Geneva to watch SnowX for a while, again some punk parking attendants told me they were going to tow my car the way I had it parked, one kid was decent and told them it's a Shelby (he can park how he want's) After I set the dumb@#!'s straight I went down to the entrance and a couple of nice older security guy's let me back in sideways next to a barracade & there vehicle. We went in & watched the races for a couple of hours & took the bus back to the car. Security said everyone that went buy wanted to know if it was for sale. After every time parking I had to look the car over to make sure it was in one piece :banghead: We left there and took about a 40 mile trip backroads home, handles like it's on rails & accelerates like Lightning (never went over 4 grand). Looky Loo's everywhere. My other son & I took it out today for about a 40 mile trip & then went back to the shop, put it up on the lift & washed & waxed top too bottom. Got some great pic's I need to figure out how to put on here. All in all it was a GREAT weekend finally & 20.6 MPG to boot! Lot's of stress parking though. So now Iv'e got almost 250 miles on it (79 by SAI) and it was GREAT!!!!!!!!!! :happy feet:

Glad to hear, I need to get a ride sometime if ya pass by! (never been in a GT/SC) I've never been nervous about parking until now with the few on here that are getting beat on. I went up to the Tulsa Auto show and I parked where I could see working security cams, and gave the car a good once over before I left. My buddy I went with was annoyed that it took almost 30 min to park then another 10 min to leave! :hysterical2:

You'll have to rack up some more miles and get past that break in period!

Archived