TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Differences in 07 and 08 SGT models

motorjock205

I'm not sure what upgrade package mine came equipped with but here are the options I've noticed:

-HID headlights (which are awesome)

-ambient lighting (which is way cool too)

-Shaker 500 (is that even an upgrade, because it sucks)

-black leather seats

-heated seats

-carbon fiber looking dash

I've attached a pic of my interior.

Ken

post-20883-1227574535_thumb.jpg

post-20883-1227574535_thumb.jpg

I was reading the add below for the new 07 SGT and I noticed that it has the heated seat option in it...I'm curious about this as I had only seen that option in the GT/CS models here in West Texas, and since the SGT has the GT/CS front and rear facias, did Shelby originally start with the GT/CS option in 07 then switch to a standard GT in 08 to start the build with? Almost every GT/CS I have seen has the heated seat option...My 08 SGT does not have the heated seats though...I would have liked that option, but it wasn't available as far as I know...JUST CURIOUS!!!

Another subtle difference is that the 08's are faster than the 07's :hysterical:

Another subtle difference is that the 08's are faster than the 07's :hysterical:

Especially

the black ones with red stripes

and...

A Kenne Bell Supercharger

:) [<- Some day I'll figure out how to use a different smiley although this general purpose one conveys the correct message most of the time]

It's a dark charcoal mesh pattern. Not exactly like carbon fiber, but similar. It's was another option that one had to ferret out of the order book. It was there, but you really had to source it out.

Mine is like this. :happy feet:

But no heated seats or wheel locks. Oh well.

Gentlemen,

Seat heaters are too expensive. When I first purchased my Shelby GT I had one and it was not only unreliable, it cost me a fortune. I was constantly fooling with it trying to get it to work properly. I finally couldn't take it anymore and decided I'd be better off without that damn heater in my seat. Ambient temperature plain leather seats seemed like a better way to go. So I dropped her. :happy feet:

Chip

I'm not sure what upgrade package mine came equipped with but here are the options I've noticed:

-HID headlights (which are awesome)

-ambient lighting (which is way cool too)

-Shaker 500 (is that even an upgrade, because it sucks)

-black leather seats

-heated seats

-carbon fiber looking dash

I've attached a pic of my interior.

Ken

same options as mine. Except for the nav,and sirius that I don't use

DSC02279-1.jpg

Boot covers are standard on all Verts. If you did not get one, then it must have been lost somewhere between Flat Rock and Las Vegas. You are entitled to a cover and it should have come inside a plastic bag placed in the trunk of the car.

I believe that wheel locks are also standard too, but I'm not 100% certain of that. My GT500 vert came with both items as standard pieces.

My 08 vert did not come with a boot cover either. I asked about it and was told by the dealer that it was an option in 08. I did not see it on the window sticker and did not pursue.

I just did a search and here is a cheap white SGT with the light 2 tone. Wonder if it has heated seats too?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustan...1QQcmdZViewItem

Guys that is NOT two tone it was Graphite. Two-tone has black sides and headrest with the other color in the center. In 07 there were three choices for interior. Charcoal (black), Graphite (Gray), Parchment (Tan) in all cases the doors (except the insert) dash and center console as black. I have seen one SGT that did have the two tone but it shouldn't have been installed and I still suspect the seats were added later from a crashed CA Special etc. Heated seats were also not allowed but I have seen more than a few with it. Heated seats were part of the "Comfort Pkg (53B) and the computer shouldn't have allowed it to be entered but it seems some did. The plus on that was I believe you also got a power passenger seat.

Guys that is NOT two tone it was Graphite. Two-tone has black sides and headrest with the other color in the center. In 07 there were three choices for interior. Charcoal (black), Graphite (Gray), Parchment (Tan) in all cases the doors (except the insert) dash and center console as black. I have seen one SGT that did have the two tone but it shouldn't have been installed and I still suspect the seats were added later from a crashed CA Special etc. Heated seats were also not allowed but I have seen more than a few with it. Heated seats were part of the "Comfort Pkg (53B) and the computer shouldn't have allowed it to be entered but it seems some did. The plus on that was I believe you also got a power passenger seat.

I really wanted the heated seats and had a very difficult time finding any 07s or 08s with the option. I ultimately found an 08 that was on its way to SAI with the option, but I do not think it has a power passenger seat. I will check when I get home and let everone know.

- Chigl

Jeff...

You are correct about the power seat for the passenger. I believe that package also came with the Electrochromatic Mirror, too.

Gary

VERY cool! I have seen the directions to install the passenger power seat and if you can find one in a junk yard etc., it doesn't seem too terribly difficult. The wiring is there just not connected to anything. Mirror would be cool too! :-)

Oh well..I ordered mine and tried to get it included but the computer wouldn't take it. Maybe early buyers got it in before the computer was set properly perhaps?

My 08 vert did not come with a boot cover either. I asked about it and was told by the dealer that it was an option in 08. I did not see it on the window sticker and did not pursue.

Neither did mine. The price was like $160 as an option I believe for the boot cover and for whatever reason my convertible did not come with it(???). It's also not listed on the window sticker so it's not like someone misplaced it either. The car was already in the works (pre-ordered) at Ford but not yet shipped to Shelby when I purchased it so I did not have the option to alter the options from Ford. I did have the option to alter the mods from Shelby but I opted out. I wish I had ordered the lower grill and driving lights from SAI in hindsight. I went to Ford Parts and they wanted over $400 for the boot cover so I found a black one (new in box condition) on ebay for about $180.

My options included:

Premium Package with charcoal leather

Automatic transmission

IUP with woven aluminum charcoal dash

Heated Seats

Shaker 1000

Sirius

Ambient Lighting

HID

My car did not have:

Convertible Boot Cover!

Wheel Locks