TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Differences in 07 and 08 SGT models

motorjock205

I was reading the add below for the new 07 SGT and I noticed that it has the heated seat option in it...I'm curious about this as I had only seen that option in the GT/CS models here in West Texas, and since the SGT has the GT/CS front and rear facias, did Shelby originally start with the GT/CS option in 07 then switch to a standard GT in 08 to start the build with? Almost every GT/CS I have seen has the heated seat option...My 08 SGT does not have the heated seats though...I would have liked that option, but it wasn't available as far as I know...JUST CURIOUS!!!

As far as I know , every SGT started life as a GT, heated seats was an option I was told about, but there was lots of options people were told they couldnt get, and as production carried on and we saw those options in cars, we realized there were numerous things being said at dealerships that didnt pan out.

I think Fords lack of information (to the dealerships) lead to all this confusion.

Some were told you couldnt get NAV, but you could.

Lots of dealerships didnt mention the dark version of the dash in IUP, but mine has it.

As far as I know , every SGT started life as a GT, heated seats was an option I was told about, but there was lots of options people were told they couldnt get, and as production carried on and we saw those options in cars, we realized there were numerous things being said at dealerships that didnt pan out.

I think Fords lack of information (to the dealerships) lead to all this confusion.

Lots of dealerships didnt mention the dark version of the dash in IUP, but mine has it.

What do you mean by "dark version of the dash"?

What do you mean by "dark version of the dash"?

I have IUP, but my dash isnt that aluminum looking material. Its got the same diamond design but its black.

I think it looks much better than the aluminum/silver looking version, but didnt even know it was available, I just lucked out when I found the car at the price I could deal with.

My looks black also...I guess I would need to see photos of each type to tell the difference. I wonder if I have what you have? Not to steal the thread here....

Heated seats on the 07 SGT's are rare but do exsist. I have them in my SGT. They were introduced late into SGT production after FoMoCo was advised of the error in the ordering system, so they corrected it and then released the option to the SGT's.

I only know of one other 07' SGT that has heated seats. I'm sure that there are others, but I don't how many.

The two-tone Chamois/Black interior is another rare bird too. That was another glitch in the ordering system too. That interior was not offered on the SGT's but were offered on other Mustangs. Ford corrected that glitch and released that interior late to the SGT's too. I saw one or two going through the SAI back last year when I was there visiting, so I know of at least two (black/silver coupes) cars with that interior. SUPER RARE if you have one of those interiors in your car.

My 08 SGT has heated seats. The Shelby GTs come with the 54U option (GT Upfitters package) which is similar to the California Special but different. It is the basis for the SGT. The 54U option deletes the spoiler and GT emblems, adds the 18 inch rims, side scoops, and front and rear fascias (like the GT/CS).

Interestingly my SGT did not come with a convertible boot cover, no navigation, or the wheel locks. It did come with the Shaker 1000, heated seats, ambient lighting, HIDs, and IUP with woven charcoal. Many other SGTs came with the options mine did not come with but many came with Shaker 500s and no heated seats, aluminum IUP, etc. The options were a little different on all the SGTs but they all started with the 54U (GT Upfitters package) option if I understand correctly.

My looks black also...I guess I would need to see photos of each type to tell the difference. I wonder if I have what you have? Not to steal the thread here....

It's a dark charcoal mesh pattern. Not exactly like carbon fiber, but similar. It's was another option that one had to ferret out of the order book. It was there, but you really had to source it out.

The "default" (standard) dash on the GT and the SGT's is the light Aluminum looking dash panel.

My 08 SGT has heated seats. The Shelby GTs come with the 54U option (GT Upfitters package) which is similar to the California Special but different. It is the basis for the SGT. The 54U option deletes the spoiler and GT emblems, adds the 18 inch rims, side scoops, and front and rear fascias (like the GT/CS).

Interestingly my SGT did not come with a convertible boot cover, no navigation, or the wheel locks. It did come with the Shaker 1000, heated seats, ambient lighting, HIDs, and IUP with woven charcoal. Many other SGTs came with the options mine did not come with but many came with Shaker 500s and no heated seats, aluminum IUP, etc. The options were a little different on all the SGTs but they all started with the 54U (GT Upfitters package) option if I understand correctly.

Boot covers are standard on all Verts. If you did not get one, then it must have been lost somewhere between Flat Rock and Las Vegas. You are entitled to a cover and it should have come inside a plastic bag placed in the trunk of the car.

I believe that wheel locks are also standard too, but I'm not 100% certain of that. My GT500 vert came with both items as standard pieces.

The two-tone Chamois/Black interior is another rare bird too.

Yeah, that was one of those things that I had noticed on the GT/CS as well was the two tone seats which I liked....I was looking hard at a GT/CS with the two tone interior before the dealer finally dropped their ADM on the Shelby GT and got it down into a price range I could live with. Oh well, I guess if I really want heated seats and two tone, I can find a crashed GT/CS somewhere and swap them out....

The "default" (standard) dash on the GT and the SGT's is the light Aluminum looking dash panel.

Ahhh nope. Standard dash is just the 'dash'...black plastic....

If the car comes with the IUP (Interior Upgrade Package) option ...then it gets a 'fancy' dash--which back in 05 was only the bright alum version...in either 06 or 07 Ford added the second dash color choice to the IUP--the dark 'carbon fiber look' grey/black...ordering dealer just picks which one he/she wants...

Ordered my 08 Sgt (0618) early July. Dealer said the only options I could get w/54U were active anti-theft, Shaker 1000, Auto and locking nuts. Sadly, I don't have IUP, heated seats or the cool light package. No HID either. I'll probably live through it all!

Got to get that IUP steering wheel though.

Don

It's a dark charcoal mesh pattern. Not exactly like carbon fiber, but similar. It's was another option that one had to ferret out of the order book. It was there, but you really had to source it out.

Oh goody! Mine is a dark charcoal mesh. That means my car is worth hundreds of thousands more $$$ !!! :happy feet:

my interior is all black charcoal. the dash is plain black with no diamond patern or aluminum. steering wheel is black rubber with black spokes. seats are black charcoal leather.

if this car was black on outside the only thing you'd see goin down the road would be the stripes. this thing has stealth interior. all black black black black inside. only things that arent black are the trim rings on the vents and the door handles and the hurst shifter.

5speed Hurst

Shaker 500

no heated seats

no nav or satelite radio

no IUP

whats HID and ambient lighting? i dont have a dome light if thats what that means. only the 2 small lights over the rear view mirror.

and i didnt get the wheel locks.

my SGT is pretty much as basic as they come. i should have known about all the missing options on mine. i could have haggled them down couple more thousand dollars. or had them add all this stuff before buying it. :hysterical3: <_<

at least my car probably weighs less without all the extra goodies so mine can go faster :spiteful:

HID headlamps are high intensity discharge lamps. Just put out more light I believe. (someone correct me if I'm off base here) The ambient lighting is just lights that illuminate the interior of the car. I think on the mustang it's around the cup holders and don't know where else.

HID headlamps are high intensity discharge lamps. Just put out more light I believe. (someone correct me if I'm off base here) The ambient lighting is just lights that illuminate the interior of the car. I think on the mustang it's around the cup holders and don't know where else.

They alluminate the the drives and passanger side foot well area too.

My 07SGT came with the aluminum dash, heated seats (should have variable controls), wheel locks, and nav. I too was wondering about the two tone seat option.

You would have thought that Ford would advertise all of the available options to the public so as to attract as many buyers as possible but.................The marketing of this car was horrible to say the least,baby Shelby comes to mind in dealer talks.Baby Shelby my ass!I wonder if they had this problem back in the sixties?All this and a sales staff that seems to change every few weeks thanks to the economy negates the sellers from doing much research on anything,Why would you get to know the product if you are going to be elsewhere soon!I have thought about getting a weekend job as a sales person at one of the local dealers just for the fun of it,Keeping my regular job of course.At least that dealership would have a real car guy to answer questions about Mustang options,I would do the research.I have yet in my travels to step on a lot and have someone get excited about me wanting to purchase a special Mustang.I would be elated as a salesman to find someone interested enough to know the product somewhat before they arrive.Oh well!

They alluminate the the drives and passanger side foot well area too.

My 07SGT came with the aluminum dash, heated seats (should have variable controls), wheel locks, and nav. I too was wondering about the two tone seat option.

There was no "two tone" seat option unless you count the fact that the door inserts are black if you got the parchment or grey interior. A true "two tone" offering is found in the CA Special Edition and GT500.

There was no "two tone" seat option unless you count the fact that the door inserts are black if you got the parchment or grey interior. A true "two tone" offering is found in the CA Special Edition and GT500.

Jeff,

Ford released the two-tone Chamois/Black interior option late into the 2007 production. I saw two Black/Silver SGT's with that interior going through SAI last year.

I ordered mine with IUP & nothing else. I thought hard about getting a Deluxe with the cloth seats, IUP, & Shaker 500, but went Premium anyway. The other option I tried to order was the stitched dash & armrest's, but not available. Anyway all other options are SAI ^_^

Jeff,

Ford released the two-tone Chamois/Black interior option late into the 2007 production. I saw two Black/Silver SGT's with that interior going through SAI last year.

Are you sure you're not thinking of the "tan" parchment interior? Which is tan and black which is in the door padding. The seats however are all one tan color which is unlike the CA Special and GT500 where the seats are two colors, aka Two-Tone.

If true and anyone has this I'd love to see it...it's a fact I am unaware of and I have a mission to know as much about the history of the car as possible.

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Are you sure you're not thinking of the "tan" parchment interior? Which is tan and black which is in the door padding. The seats however are all one tan color which is unlike the CA Special and GT500 where the seats are two colors, aka Two-Tone.

If true and anyone has this I'd love to see it...it's a fact I am unaware of and I have a mission to know as much about the history of the car as possible.

thanks!

I was on ebay motors looking at 2007 Shelby GT's and a car dealer has one great pictures of 2 tone

thanks!

Here is the car with 2 tone great pictures I wish I could have ordered

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustan...tem360036224657

Here is the car with 2 tone great pictures I wish I could have ordered

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustan...tem360036224657

The seats on this car are NOT two tone....the Two Tone has Tan or Parchment down the middle and the outsides are black or charcoal....

I was on ebay motors looking at 2007 Shelby GT's and a car dealer has one great pictures of 2 tone

Yuck! That's Parchment (aka TAN) and has no business in a black car with silver stripes. Never should have been offered in the first place. The car should have been limited to the charcoal and the grey, which is like this parchment car, but it matches!

Hey...just my opinion! :jackinbox:

I just purchased a white left over 07 with the heated seats. The dealer has one more left over 07 black with the tan seats in NJ. If anyone is interested i'm sure you can get this car for $33000.00 I'ts black with the tan interior, heated seats, sirius, 1000 stero GT upfitters package and wheel locks. Oasis Ford in Freehold ask for Nick. If anyone is interested let me know.

I just purchased a white left over 07 with the heated seats. The dealer has one more left over 07 black with the tan seats in NJ. If anyone is interested i'm sure you can get this car for $33000.00 I'ts black with the tan interior, heated seats, sirius, 1000 stero GT upfitters package and wheel locks. Oasis Ford in Freehold ask for Nick. If anyone is interested let me know.

They have got to have a set of floor mats between two cars.

• 7 months later...

Archived