TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Next Project Begins

Just received my FedEx package today. This begins the final stages of modifications. :hysterical: A couple more packages yet to arrive.

This weekend we install the Fays2 Watts Link along with upper and lower control arms and mount and the competition front sway bar links.

shelbybash141.jpg

:banvictory: It's always fun adding new parts to a new car! :happy feet: :burnout:

Just received my FedEx package today. This begins the final stages of modifications. :hysterical: A couple more packages yet to arrive.

This weekend we install the Fays2 Watts Link along with upper and lower control arms and mount and the competition front sway bar links.

shelbybash141.jpg

wow congrats :) you're gonna like it :)

That's some heavy duty looking parts. How much does that watts link weigh ?

Not adding much weight at all. It replaces the entire pan hard bar and pan hard bar brace. Lightweight alloy propeller and link arms. The weight is in the frame.

Thanks, I know I will. Didn't you install the same system awhile back? If so now that you have had time driving with the system, what are your thoughts?

Roger

Our autocross seasons just about to start and I'll find out just how good it is. My seat of the pants tells me its amazing the car sticks like glue and gives me amazing drive of the corners and has very precise turn in and mid corner control. I'm very happy with the Fays2 and Jim has been awesome to work with, I should have some new toys from him any day that may change up the design of his system a bit or at the very least add some options. Stay tuned :)

shelbybash141.jpg

Looks like a great project. Good Luck!

• 3 weeks later...

shelbybash141.jpg

Hey Roger,

Did you get this project done? Inquiring minds want to know! And pictures we want pictures. Thanks buddy. Dave

Hey Roger,

Did you get this project done? Inquiring minds want to know! And pictures we want pictures. Thanks buddy. Dave

Not yet Dave :(

I assumed that the remainder of the parts to come in would be here last week but that did not happen. There was an issue with the powder coater. I did receive the remaining parts at the end of last week. I'll post some pics. later. Then it was soooo crazy at work that I have not been able to break away to get her done. Funny thing, for the last 10 years I have not been able to live a "normal" life. The avg. work week is 65-80 hrs. Holidays, weekends.......well you get the idea. One of these days I will be able to leave on a Friday night, race on Saturday and Sunday and then start back to work on Monday morning.

And to top it all off, my friend who will be assisting me decided to move out of his old building into a new facility. Great for him and his business, bad for me. It will be at least another week before the new lifts are installed. I'll keep everyone posted. But I do not like to put projects off to a later date unless there is no alternative.

I will post a full report with pics of the install and driving inpressions when complete.

Roger

Not yet Dave :(

I assumed that the remainder of the parts to come in would be here last week but that did not happen. There was an issue with the powder coater. I did receive the remaining parts at the end of last week. I'll post some pics. later. Then it was soooo crazy at work that I have not been able to break away to get her done. Funny thing, for the last 10 years I have not been able to live a "normal" life. The avg. work week is 65-80 hrs. Holidays, weekends.......well you get the idea. One of these days I will be able to leave on a Friday night, race on Saturday and Sunday and then start back to work on Monday morning.

And to top it all off, my friend who will be assisting me decided to move out of his old building into a new facility. Great for him and his business, bad for me. It will be at least another week before the new lifts are installed. I'll keep everyone posted. But I do not like to put projects off to a later date unless there is no alternative.

I will post a full report with pics of the install and driving inpressions when complete.

Roger

Thanks Roger,

You need to work less and drive that car more. Unfortunately the former probably allows you to fund the latter. :banghead: I look forward to your post when you get the install done. I may call you this weekend. If the weathers nice I'm going to try and tackle the billet hood pin install on my CS6/8 hood. Dave

Dave, here are the new pieces:

CHE Upper adjustable control arm and mounting bracket: I have 2 options on the control arm. You can also see the competition heim end in a separate bag.

SuspensionMods001.jpg

SuspensionMods004.jpg

CHE Lower double adjustable control arms: heim end on rear axle side

SuspensionMods003.jpg

UMI adjustable front sway bar end links:

SuspensionMods002.jpg

I chose these parts due to their quality construction and workmenship and their use of QA1 rod ends.

Thanks Roger,

You need to work less and drive that car more. Unfortunately the former probably allows you to fund the latter. :banghead: I look forward to your post when you get the install done. I may call you this weekend. If the weathers nice I'm going to try and tackle the billet hood pin install on my CS6/8 hood. Dave

No kidding! In the process of an intensive job search right now so hopefully that will aford me the opportunity to drive more and work less! :hysterical:

Give me a call anytime. I'd like to chat and get caught up.

I did take her out for a spin today. Man.......I love this car! :happy feet:

Not adding much weight at all. It replaces the entire pan hard bar and pan hard bar brace. Lightweight alloy propeller and link arms. The weight is in the frame.

Nice, very nice. BTW are you in this car $75K yet? It is the most optioned SGT on the planet! Yes the planet! One day I'll see this ride-

Nice, very nice. BTW are you in this car $75K yet? It is the most optioned SGT on the planet! Yes the planet! One day I'll see this ride-

Thanks..............I guess :shrug::hysterical: Not there yet thank GOD! But one day I will even let you drive the beast! :happy feet:

Thanks..............I guess :shrug::hysterical: Not there yet thank GOD! But one day I will even let you drive the beast! :happy feet:

It IS an awesome car ! Got to spend some time in it from LV to LA ! Most of the time my eyes were closed.....but it was a blast :hysterical::hysterical:

I even drove it about 10 feet !! :hysterical::hysterical3: :happy feet:

Hugs Roger..hope all is well !!

It IS an awesome car ! Got to spend some time in it from LV to LA ! Most of the time my eyes were closed.....but it was a blast :hysterical::hysterical:

I even drove it about 10 feet !! :hysterical::hysterical3: :happy feet:

Hugs Roger..hope all is well !!

Thank you Sue. I had a great time also. And your eyes were not closed. They were in the camera as you snapped pictures of everything in sight! :hysterical::hysterical:

Been VERY BUSY since the return. I'll give you a call so we can catch up. Be well

Roger

I would enjoy every moment of driving that car :happy feet: .

Swede, too bad you did not live closer to the East Coast. I took her out this evening to show a very good friend of mine, who has been asking to see the real deal. He had seen pics but not the car. He is as big a gear head as I am. You can imagine the look on his face when I pulled into his driveway and he came out to see the car in "the flesh". But I stunned him when I threw him the keys and said "you drive, let's see what she will do". You never know what the future holds my friend. Some day we may meet up and I'll do the same.

I think he may be looking for an 07 to buy! I think I may have created a monster. All he could say after pulling back into his driveway was "unbelievable"! But he said it about 5-6 times. :hysterical::hysterical:

Swede, too bad you did not live closer to the East Coast. I took her out this evening to show a very good friend of mine, who has been asking to see the real deal. He had seen pics but not the car. He is as big a gear head as I am. You can imagine the look on his face when I pulled into his driveway and he came out to see the car in "the flesh". But I beilve I stunned him when I threw him the keys and said "you drive, let's see what she will do". You never know what the future holds my friend. Some day we may meet up and I'll do the same.

I think he may be looking for an 07 to buy! I think I may have created a monster. All he could say after pulling back into his driveway was "unbelievable"! But he said it about 5-6 times. :hysterical::hysterical:

Throw me those keys, I will take it on a unbelievable drive :shift:

Roger how close are you to Watkins Glen? Wednesday, April 23 2008 / Thursday, April 24 2008 - Watkins Glen International

Northeast Region Season Opener @ The Glen! - 4/23 & 4/24

HOD Northeast 2008 Season Opener at the World Famous Watkins Glen International. What a way to come out of winter hibernation and get back on track! Schedule your spring fever now and don't miss this 2 day event at "The Glen." If you just can't get away for both days, use the 4/23 or 4/24 only registrations below. Buffet lunch provided each day. Coaches WANTED. Please contact Joe Mills - jmills@hookedondriving.com for more info on our coaching program and benefits.

[Event Info]

Registration Fee: $595.00

Beginner - AVAILABLE

Intermediate - AVAILABLE

Advanced - AVAILABLE

Coaches Only - AVAILABLE

Roger how close are you to Watkins Glen? Wednesday, April 23 2008 / Thursday, April 24 2008 - Watkins Glen International

Northeast Region Season Opener @ The Glen! - 4/23 & 4/24

HOD Northeast 2008 Season Opener at the World Famous Watkins Glen International. What a way to come out of winter hibernation and get back on track! Schedule your spring fever now and don't miss this 2 day event at "The Glen." If you just can't get away for both days, use the 4/23 or 4/24 only registrations below. Buffet lunch provided each day. Coaches WANTED. Please contact Joe Mills - jmills@hookedondriving.com for more info on our coaching program and benefits.

[Event Info]

Registration Fee: $595.00

Beginner - AVAILABLE

Intermediate - AVAILABLE

Advanced - AVAILABLE

Coaches Only - AVAILABLE

Carl, The Glen is on my list this year. I'm not around the corner but it is a trailer ride. Later in the year though. Thanks for the heads up. I can't wait for the experience.

Roger

Carl, The Glen is on my list this year. I'm not around the corner but it is a trailer ride. Later in the year though. Thanks for the heads up. I can't wait for the experience.

Roger

You love it.BTW you should know that it's a sickness that grows over time, and the only antidote I found is more track time :>)

You love it.BTW you should know that it's a sickness that grows over time, and the only antidote I found is more track time :>)

You've got that right my friend! I am looking for a harness bar for the belts and debating on what seats to put in the car. Alread signed up for the rear seat delete kit. Gotta love it! :dance:

I have never updated this topic because of of a series of events that have prevented the install of the proucts. But one night this week, when it stops raining, we will get them done. REALLY! I need to finish this project so I can move on to the next step. Detailed pics will be taken and posted. Here's praying for no rain!

Archived