TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I-Pod Charger will drain battery?

I don't think it will if the ipod is disconnected or connected and fully charged. Bear in mind, however, that Mustangs discharge their own batteries just sitting by themselves. I think I've read about some guys batteries being dead after 3 or 4 weeks of sitting.

I don't think it will if the ipod is disconnected or connected and fully charged. Bear in mind, however, that Mustangs discharge their own batteries just sitting by themselves. I think I've read about some guys batteries being dead after 3 or 4 weeks of sitting.

I can vouch for that, mine was stone cold dead after it being garaged for 2 months over the most miserable part of winter here.

Bear in mind, however, that Mustangs discharge their own batteries just sitting by themselves. I think I've read about some guys batteries being dead after 3 or 4 weeks of sitting.

I didn't know that. Thanks for informing me :)

Mine will go dead after LESS than two weeks (upcoming warranty inquiry) and that is with no radio on or anything, so I'd be wary if you leave in your iPod and you don't plan to drive for long periods.

I have heard these battery stories but my car has been in the garage since early November and has started up about every other week without a problem first time. Every Saturday or Sunday I start the car, roll down the windows, put the heat on full blast, and let the car run for an hour or so. Not sure if that's enough to make a difference but there ya go! I do also remove the iPod power plug only because it has a power-light on it. The Mustang is supposed to go into sort of sleep mode and I was worried that even this small load would keep it from doing that.

Anyway...just my experience!

I have heard these battery stories but my car has been in the garage since early November and has started up about every other week without a problem first time. Every Saturday or Sunday I start the car, roll down the windows, put the heat on full blast, and let the car run for an hour or so. Not sure if that's enough to make a difference but there ya go! I do also remove the iPod power plug only because it has a power-light on it. The Mustang is supposed to go into sort of sleep mode and I was worried that even this small load would keep it from doing that.

I'd have done that too, but the pile of my snow in front of the garage door > my ambition at the time. lol

Same thing here Jeff. My Ipod charger light's is on when its plugged in that is why I'm concerned. But I drive my car every day and it starts okay.

Archived