TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Production figures

Charity1st

My inside sources at SAI tell me the following production numbers based on an inquiry I asked about a few weeks ago on a Black/silver SGT in Ohio.

SAI has built 5,632 total units for the 2007 cars.

999 of those were automatics, the rest were all manual transmissions.

2,259 were white/silver

3,373 were black/silver & of those 2,865 of the black ones were manual transmissions.

There were 124 black/silver cars with manual Transmissions shipped to OHIO.

Just as an FYI – as soon as they get the OASIS link up & running you should be able to find out a ton of info on your car like what workers assembled your car, the date the car was built & what lift number it was on during the assembly process. Now that's way cool.... way to go SAI

Just as an FYI – as soon as they get the OASIS link up & running you should be able to find out a ton of info on your car like what workers assembled your car, the date the car was built & what lift number it was on during the assembly process. Now that's way cool.... way to go SAI

Cant wait and Im sure Jeff cant wait either. Now peoples signatures will be twice as long. :banghead:

My inside sources at SAI tell me the following production numbers based on an inquiry I asked about a few weeks ago on a Black/silver SGT in Ohio.

SAI has built 5,632 total units for the 2007 cars.

999 of those were automatics, the rest were all manual transmissions.

2,259 were white/silver

3,373 were black/silver & of those 2,865 of the black ones were manual transmissions.

There were 124 black/silver cars with manual Transmissions shipped to OHIO.

isnt there someone on this site with an 07 number higher than 5632?

The banner in the production facility was thru a certain date, not the final total.

2006 Shelby GT-H (only 500 Black with Gold stripes Coupes made, No Convertibles)

2007 Shelby GT-H (only 500 Black with Gold stripes Convertibles made, No Coupes)

2007 Shelby GT's (only available in 2-colors Blk/Silver or White/Silver & they only made Coupes)

2008 Shelby GT's (only available in Vista Blue/Silver, Coupe or Convertible, manual or Auto trans, approx. 2,000 to 2,100 to be made)

2008 Shelby GT-C (only 200 to 300 available in Grabber Orange/Silver, Coupe only, 5-speed trans, Only available in Southern California market)

2008 Barrett Jackson Shelby GT's (only 100 made in Black with Red Stripes, Coupe or Convertible, Cars Will Be Sold Through Arizona Ford Dealers only, A Portion of Proceeds from Sales ($250) to Benefit the Carroll Shelby Children’s Foundation. )

Amy has posted that there are 5700 and something 07 SGT's, I forget the exact number, maybe 5748? and there is a known CSM # 5696 on this site. They arent gaps in the numbers.

The banner that hangs in the production facility at SAI in Vegas says "5632" 07 sgt's made, but that was only through AUGUST 2007. There were threads after the CSBB about it.

So yes, sorry Coldy, you got bad info, or Amy (mis)posted a misprint and/or 07SGT5696 doesnt exist.

Dont take it personally, this has been kicked around for a while, I am just surprised some1 is giving you bad info after so much time has gone by.

Hope that helps Coldy.

Amy has posted that there are 5700 and something 07 SGT's, I forget the exact number, maybe 5748? and there is a known CSM # 5696 on this site. They arent gaps in the numbers.

The banner that hangs in the production facility at SAI in Vegas says "5632" 07 sgt's made, but that was only through AUGUST 2007. There were threads after the CSBB about it.

So yes, sorry Coldy, you got bad info, or Amy (mis)posted a misprint and/or 07SGT5696 doesnt exist.

Dont take it personally, this has been kicked around for a while, I am just surprised some1 is giving you bad info after so much time has gone by.

Hope that helps Coldy.

Ok I just got a reply to my email & this is what it says......

coldy,

The numbers on the banner are correct. We had lapses in the numbers, that's why there are higher numbers out there. Some of the initial numbers were also reserved by Shelby and never used. We finished the 07s in August and then we started the 08s...

So the 5,632 I posted is the final numbers for 2007 & SAI acknowledges that their are gaps in the plate numbering system from numbers not used. Hope this helps

2006 Shelby GT-H (only 500 Black with Gold stripes Coupes made, No Convertibles)

2007 Shelby GT-H (only 500 Black with Gold stripes Convertibles made, No Coupes)

2007 Shelby GT's (only available in 2-colors Blk/Silver or White/Silver & they only made Coupes)

2008 Shelby GT's (only available in Vista Blue/Silver, Coupe or Convertible, manual or Auto trans, approx. 2,000 to 2,100 to be made)

2008 Shelby GT-C (only 200 to 300 available in Grabber Orange/Silver, Coupe only, 5-speed trans, Only available in Southern California market)

2008 Barrett Jackson Shelby GT's (only 100 made in Black with Red Stripes, Coupe or Convertible, Cars Will Be Sold Through Arizona Ford Dealers only, A Portion of Proceeds from Sales ($250) to Benefit the Carroll Shelby Children’s Foundation. )

Fairly close. As I understand it, there were a few specialized cars made that fell outside of their public releases (a handful of 2006 Hertz convertibles for Hertz executives, etc.; Amy commented on these once back in the ShelbyAutos forums). Also, these don't count the "prototypes" that were made for press releases, etc.

Interesting stuff--thanks for posting this stuff. It does seem a bit odd that there does not seem to be a definite, for sure, production breakdown. I'm glad to know the number of twins my car has here in Ohio...

SAI knows the numbers; they have to. I don't know why they just don't tell us.

Ok I just got a reply to my email & this is what it says......

coldy,

The numbers on the banner are correct. We had lapses in the numbers, that's why there are higher numbers out there. Some of the initial numbers were also reserved by Shelby and never used. We finished the 07s in August and then we started the 08s...

So the 5,632 I posted is the final numbers for 2007 & SAI acknowledges that their are gaps in the plate numbering system from numbers not used. Hope this helps

Interesting Coldy, skipped numbers? something SAI said to numerous people they would not do.

Thanks for the clarification, lots of us saw the banner in Jan at the BB, but because it contradicted what Amy had posted and the whole skipped numbers thing, lots of us concluded it wasnt the total number.

If fact I know of one person who was denied a particular number based on SAI saying they didnt think they would make that many, so they couldnt do it. Guess, like everything else, there are different rules depending on who you know.

SKIPPED NUMBERS.....kinda clouds the picture a little. IMO.

:happy feet: acording to these numbers those of us with white/autos not only have the fastest 07s but also the rarest :dance:

Well, actually white / manual's are the fastest.... :happy feet:

Archived