TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Can't Decide between Grabber Orange and Alloy Clearcoat w/ Black/Red

Redleg

Does anybody have any pics of the Black/Red Interior? Or even better...Alloy Clearcoat with the Black/Red interior?

I've seen the Ford site photo...but can't assume it does that interior any justice (Grabber Orange doesn't look as good on the Ford site as it does in member photos).

I have a short time to order my 2007 Mustang GT at under invoice prices thanks to a Military Car Sales program but have to decide quickly on my options (before the rebate is gone). I've narrowed the paint to either Orange or Alloy with Black/Red interior....just can't make the final choice. If anybody has info to help...it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

My personal favorite is Grabber Orange. Mine will arrive with the charcoal interior and interior upgrade package, which helps liven up the cabin. I'm not a big fan of gray cars, but the metallic in the paint on the alloy is pretty nice. Tough call. The orange is "in-your-face," but the gray is very classy. Depends on your personality. Are you a thoughtful, reserved person with a wild streak (gray), or an impulsive, wild-eyed energetic person who enjoys getting attention? I'm a little of both sometimes, but I lean towards the latter more often than not!

It will be interesting to see which you choose. Either way, you CANNOT choose incorrectly! It's an awesome car. :rockon:

Well i'll tell you this. I fell in love with a silver '06 with black/red interior. I was torn between that and the then yet to be released alloy metallic '07. Once i saw the alloy metallic i found that it just didn't do anything for me. SOOO, i purchased the one that stole my heart, the little silver beauty with the black and red interior. Now like i said, i was in love with it the day i first saw it, and any pictures will not do it justice you simply have to see that interior to appreciate how well it works. But after the 3rd day of having her in my yard, the car looks better now. It seems like i catch little things and different angles and the interior (hell the whole car) looks better everytime i see it. This is really the first car i've owned that i really have an attachment to, the damn thing is simply awesome.

Well...I decided on the following:

Mustang GT Premium

3.55 Limited Slip

Active Anti Theft System

Sport Appearance Package

Comfort Package

18" Premium Aluminum Wheels

Spoiler Delete

Grabber Orange

The great thing about buying this car through Exchange New Car Sales (military perk) is that I can change the order if need be up to 90 days before taking delivery. So if my wife convinces me to go Alloy with BlackRed (thanks BoneSaw for making this difficult)...she has some time to do it.

Also...if there are any military folks deployed and interested in a new Mustang...I would offer up now is the time to get your order in. I received a $2,050 rebate off the Mustang GT which gave me a final cost of 26,759 (about $600 below invoice on a 2007 Mustang). The guy at the dealership said that Ford is the most military friendly of all manufacturers when it comes to rebates/pricing. If you're a saavy negotiator...you may do better...but I'm happy with the price and not feeling like just went the distance in a boxing ring.

Thanks all for the help.

Next issue....where can I get a matte black Boss style spoiler? Or are there any more pics (details) of that Orange Mustang (#15) in the upper banner?

Hi Redleg. I'm a little late to this party and it looks like you've already made your decision. It also sounds like the wife might need a little convincing. All those who responded to your thread who have shown you the red interior have put their best foot forward. The red interior rocks!

But only you and the wife see the red interior. The exterior is what you present to the outside world. Now, I've never been one to put others down to make myself look good, so I'm not going to say the Silver is 'bad'. Because it's not. I myself contemplated Tungsten for about a year! All the colors are very cool. What I want to do here is show you my GT and I want you to share these with the wife. Ready? Here we go:

El_Diablo_011.jpg

El_Diablo_012.jpg

El_Diablo_017a.jpg

EL_Diablo_018.jpg

El_Diablo_020.jpg

El_Diablo_022.jpg

El_Diablo_027.jpg

El_Diablo_028.jpg

El_Diablo_029.jpg

What you'll notice in that last shot is that Grabber Orange has many different looks depending on the time of day and the light, whether it's direct or indirect. A very interesting color. Of course the only interior available is black.

So you have to ask yourself, do I want the interior to 'pop' or the exterior to 'pop'. Like my friend Chris says, you're going to love the way the car drives. And you can't go wrong regardless of color chosen. But next time you're on your way to work, randomly take the first 20 cars that pass you in the opposite direction. 15 of those 20 will be either black, white, or silver. 2 will be a dark red, 2 will be a dark blue. The 20th car is a wildcard, YOU PICK IT.

This car is a retro body style that screams for a retro color. Sounds like you're sold. Show the pictures above to the wife.

You honor, the (citrus) defense rests...

Pitpup...thanks for all the pics. I really do like that Orange and it like it more with every pic I see. I showed my wife this page so hopefully she'll stop bothering me to switch it to Alloy or Silver. We'll see.

I'll end up adding some window louvers, a matte black spoiler (if I can find one I like, else a Ducktail), and black racing stripes. I think that addition of black will make it look even sweeter (My wife refers to this as a Jack-o-Lantern).

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Grabber Orange is like HOT SAUCE in a cabinet of vinegar. I'd rather stand apart than blend in with the scenery! Long live GRABBER ORANGE! :woohoo:

So... Hot Sauce boy! How many days are we down to now? When is the beast arriving? Any updates available? Hmm?

No nanners for you... only PEPPERS! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Here's two to tide you over until the big day...

There are pictures of the red interior (and all the other 07 color options) here:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=51347

I'm a big fan of the red interior, my 05 V6 had the ICAP and my 07 GT has the premier trim package with KR interior (ICAP equiv). It is VERY, VERY nice. If you are worried about not being noticed, don't forget you can get the red interior with the torch red exterior :D I love the grabber orange, but torch red certainly ain't no wallflower either :lol:

post-3323-1155741039_thumb.jpg

Archived