TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Gt500

DreamRide

I work for an auto groupe. Chevrolet to be exact (Dont laugh) it pays the bill's. Anywho, I was looking in Fords show room across the street. 1 Bullit, 1 SGT Vista Blue vert, 1 SGT Vista blue Coupe, 1 Grabber SGT and 1 GT500. This was on my lunch hour. Droolin over the 500. So a buddy of mine who works for Ford comes over and tells me that The owner came into the showroom and said he wanted these cars gone, Start dealin! So i call them up and said, If the price is right, I'll take that 500 off your hands. I was told that i could have it for 46K. Sticker said 43,900K + there was a couple of options. No ADM because i was an employee.

Do you guy's thinks thats a good price or should i try to get a little better?

I would have to trade in the SGT i have now which is a great car but, I always wanted the GT500.

Black with white stripes........... F'n sweet lookin..............................

Thanks for any input........ :dance:

I'll bet you lose on your trade in the short run. However the GT500 if you keep it long enough will holds it value better than a SGT.

Will for sure lose some on the trade in, But, the force is too strong and my wife and kids say im crazy so, you do the math... :happy feet:

Im going to see what the best deal i can get and go from there.

My thoughts are you should do better. It sounds like anyone can walk into that dealer right now and buy at MSRP so shouldn't an employee get a better price than the average buyer off the street? Also they are going to get you good on the trade so why not try to get below MSRP to make up for the lowball trade in price?

If the owner really wants them gone...................

By the way any idea on how long they have had the GT500? The longer they have had it the better chance they'll deal.

Steve

My thoughts are you should do better. It sounds like anyone can walk into that dealer right now and buy at MSRP so shouldn't an employee get a better price than the average buyer off the street? Also they are going to get you good on the trade so why not try to get below MSRP to make up for the lowball trade in price?

If the owner really wants them gone...................

By the way any idea on how long they have had the GT500? The longer they have had it the better chance they'll deal.

Steve

Very good points.......... Thanks for that.

Its been there for at least a couple months. I'll see what exactly the carnage will be. If it looks to bad, I pass on it. I really do want one though........

Pray for me..................

I agree...............

Well all I can say it is a awesome machine!!! We went to cars show this week end and took 1 st.People could not belive it was a 500 they ask if It was a clone but some knoe there cars. Live is short here today gone tomorrow. I told my wife I would love these car are I could pay off home,so I told her life was short so I will buy mu dream machine.If I was to pass away her and the other man could pay the house off. My son get the Shelby sorry!!!!I reaily enjoy it ,more than my expections was!!!! GO GET IT AND ENJOY!!!!!!!

Jump on it. You will not regret it. Once you drop the hammer you will know why.

Of course you might have some explaining to do back at work.

Boss is a full on car guy and respects all the major players. Yes im sure he would rather me drivin a corvette, But lets face it, Its not a bad arse Shelby...............

For the most part i am happy with my SGT but this is a one shot deal for me and if i don't try to get it now, probably never will, but, i will still be drivin a Shelby eithier way. Like the SGT, I fell in love with the 500 the first day i saw it, but at the time, They were not budging on the ADM and the wife said, NO WAY! So now that im single, :happy feet: and the pricing is in my favor :happy feet: I'm working on the best deal i can get, so we shall see what happens, But like i said, eithier way, i'll still be drivin a Shelby at the end of the day.......

wish me luck......................

I consider myself a motorhead and not a hardcore Ford or Chevy fan..but looking at the options, the Shelby comes out on top for aftermarket bang for the buck..it is all relative and the cost have to be in your comfort zone..but Corvette mods are a lot more expensive than the Mustangs and speed shops seem to have more experience with Mustangs...buy the Shelby

Well,

Its not going to happen. The carnage would be to great and i am not willing to take a big hit on the 07 SGT. I fought with them on the trade in ect.... They just would not budge. As much as i want a 500, The time is not now. Perhaps in the future. As i said, eithier way i was going to be driving a Shelby so its all good. thanks for the encouragment. The money I will save will go towards some upgrades at SAI.

:fear:

Boss is a full on car guy and respects all the major players. Yes im sure he would rather me drivin a corvette, But lets face it, Its not a bad arse Shelby...............

For the most part i am happy with my SGT but this is a one shot deal for me and if i don't try to get it now, probably never will, but, i will still be drivin a Shelby eithier way. Like the SGT, I fell in love with the 500 the first day i saw it, but at the time, They were not budging on the ADM and the wife said, NO WAY! So now that im single, :happy feet: and the pricing is in my favor :happy feet: I'm working on the best deal i can get, so we shall see what happens, But like i said, eithier way, i'll still be drivin a Shelby at the end of the day.......

wish me luck......................

Bro you droped your wife to get this car?

man that what I call love.

heres hoping you get a hot mama :fear:

I work for an auto groupe. Chevrolet to be exact (Dont laugh) it pays the bill's. Anywho, I was looking in Fords show room across the street. 1 Bullit, 1 SGT Vista Blue vert, 1 SGT Vista blue Coupe, 1 Grabber SGT and 1 GT500. This was on my lunch hour. Droolin over the 500. So a buddy of mine who works for Ford comes over and tells me that The owner came into the showroom and said he wanted these cars gone, Start dealin! So i call them up and said, If the price is right, I'll take that 500 off your hands. I was told that i could have it for 46K. Sticker said 43,900K + there was a couple of options. No ADM because i was an employee.

I would have to trade in the SGT i have now which is a great car but, I always wanted the GT500.

Black with white stripes........... F'n sweet lookin..............................

Thanks for any input........ :dance:

I say just do it; we need this economy to move and nothing moves it like buying new cars.

Archived