TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Advice needed for weekly driver

moabman

I mentioned on another thread that I drive my car 1 or twice a week on average and ever since I installed a supercharger, it revs up to 2K on start. I'm paranoid about the damage this is doing on cold start and would like some advice on how to get the oil back up in the engine. I have been using Mobil1 after since my first oil change at 400 miles. Ruf suggested bumping the engine, but it never seemed to me that it was a good way to get the oil back up into the heads. Any ideas or advice?

I mentioned on another thread that I drive my car 1 or twice a week on average and ever since I installed a supercharger, it revs up to 2K on start. I'm paranoid about the damage this is doing on cold start and would like some advice on how to get the oil back up in the engine. I have been using Mobil1 after since my first oil change at 400 miles. Ruf suggested bumping the engine, but it never seemed to me that it was a good way to get the oil back up into the heads. Any ideas or advice?

moabman I wouldn't worry too much about it with only a week in between starts. If it really bothers you can always install a pre-luber that the turbo cars use.

Steve

I asked JDM specifically about that and they said that the RPMs really couldn't be changed. I know there is an idle air control valve on the 4.6 2V engines that might help control the warm idle rpm. I suspect that the 1500 RPM is enough to get the boost going slightly and that causes the RPM to rise slightly to 1900-2000. I would love to get a second opinion from any of the tuners out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived