TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Which transporter???

I am seriously considering the 40th anniversary package. My problem is getting my car from Burlington, NC to Las Vegas (2300 miles). I have been scratching my head triying to figure out an "economical" way of doing this and have about conceeded that there isn't one. I am curious to hear from those who have used a shipper to send their car to Vegas and what their experience was, how "reasonable", etc......

Thanks in advance!

I am seriously considering the 40th anniversary package. My problem is getting my car from Burlington, NC to Las Vegas (2300 miles). I have been scratching my head triying to figure out an "economical" way of doing this and have about conceeded that there isn't one. I am curious to hear from those who have used a shipper to send their car to Vegas and what their experience was, how "reasonable", etc......

Thanks in advance!

I just did this! I am moving from MI to NV. I just shipped my Jag and Shelby via a carrier called Reliable Transport, here in MI. They ship several of the Shelby cars and other top cars. Both are being shipped enclosed and I got a package deal at shipping both. Expect to pay between $1000 on the low side to $1500. There are many out there, just make sure it is enclosed and they know in advance you are shipping a Shelby GT500, not a Mustang! There is a huge difference in who can handle the lower cars!

Thanks for the scoop! Was there any one in specifically you delt with at Reliable? Could you perhaps spot me their contact info???? B)

Here is my local number 800-521-6393 when it asks for extension hit 6279 or ask for Tom W, yes W as there are three! Tell Tom Dan from Michigan referred you! Let me know how it goes.....

Here is my local number 800-521-6393 when it asks for extension hit 6279 or ask for Tom W, yes W as there are three! Tell Tom Dan from Michigan referred you! Let me know how it goes.....

Dan,

Thanks for your help. I'll give Tom a call tomorrow and let you know how it went.

I used Select 1. I had it shipped from outside of Pittsburgh, PA to Vegas and back in the near future. I am very pleased with their work and was not able to beat their price, even with reliable. They also ship a lot of Shelby's. I'm paying 1600 even for both ways. The number is 734-403-2238, and ask for Angel Lemmons.

Archived