TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mustang Shelby GT cost ????

1970boss302

I'm going to be feeding the worms long before any Shelby 500 or Shelby GT or Boss whatever is worth big money. And - they'll only be worth big money if most of them are in junk yards.

Therefore - my bang for the buck instincts told me to do it this way.

Again - if my pockets were much deeper - I'd probably have a Shelby. They aren't - and I'm just fine with that! :shift:

I mean - some people think a Ford GT-40 is worth FIVE Mustang GT's.

I can't understand that logic. Sorry.

I'll take 2 Mustangs and a very fast boat, thank you. :bandance:

Well what's frustrating about this whole ADM thing is that I can afford the car at MSRP. It's the dealers greed that's putting the GT500 out of my reach. I fear that the Shelby GT will be the same way.

That's why I plan to do what Ruf did, build my own!!! I can probably do it for about the same as the MSRP for the Shelby GT, even with the supercharger. :bandance:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the Roush Blower - installed - and some Brembo Brakes - I'm still at about $40k - $5k under an MSRP Shelby coupe - with a better f/r weight ratio - and mpg. And that includes the Hurst shifter - 4:10 gears - - 19's - and springs. Just my 2c. It's your bread. :bandance:

Ruff is right, you have to be happy about what is in your garage, which I am. My GT is a superb car. I love the cars lines, size, rumble, color, handling, and the stock motor performance is fun on any road. The CS part of my car makes it somewhat unique for my taste. Cars never seem to hold there value for the owners that buy them, so the investment stratigy for a baby boomer is not a good plan. Cars, boats, and motorcycles give people like us thrills and lots of enjoyment. To some extent they even make us feel younger ;) or bring back memories of days gone by. It is also nice to have a few choices on which rigs to take out for a cruz, be it cars or motorcycles or boats if you can afford it. The ADM factor is a big financial deturant as well and matter of principle for me and my wife. I have found that the hunt for whatever I am going to buy needs to be focused on getting the best bang for your buck. Lets face it, money for us working folks does not come with out sacrifice. As for the new S H E L B Y GT that is comming out in Jan, if it can be had for MSRP, I know it will be a awesome car :yup: . For me, it is a expensive Toy and a fun hobby to tinker with. I believe Ruff is right about the Gas situation and the future of things to come for the next generation. I cant imagine :( having a electric hybrid Shelby. Wow that was more than my 2 cents :soapbox:.

With the Roush Blower - installed - and some Brembo Brakes - I'm still at about $40k - $5k under an MSRP Shelby coupe - with a better f/r weight ratio - and mpg. And that includes the Hurst shifter - 4:10 gears - - 19's - and springs. Just my 2c. It's your bread. :bandance:

I hear ya on that one. Moding my own is the route I am most likely going to take. The ADM's have put the GT500 out of my reach and I don't see the prices coming down any time soon. The Shelby GT might not be as bad but it will still have an ADM.

A base GT plus the FRPP supercharger, exhaust and handling pack will be at or under the MSRP of the Shelby. Hard to argue with that IMO.

What's really cool is we have choices.

Some can afford the Shelby. That's cool.

Some can afford a GT and mods - that's cool.

Some can afford a V6 Mustang - and that, too, is cool.

Bottom line - we can have it our way - and that's very cool. :happy feet:

The Legend Lives - in many forms.

Let's Ride, y'all. :shift:

Yikes, I had better get my deposit back on my "Shebly-GT-5000" :hysterical:

I guess that would be made by the "FROD" motor company... :lol:

Seriously, RUFDRAFT--sweet ride you have!!!

As for me, I'm in a holding pattern for now. I bought an F-150 to cure my new car jones long enough (I hope) for this ADM crap to dissipate. I guess I'll have to wait see if I get one...

Oh, yeah.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...3204&st=100

Thanks - it's not as quick as a Shelby - but I've had a blast "designing" it!

I may try Evening Wear next....

Beauty. Yeah, I've thought about getting a GT or GT/CS, or even a GT-H (when they settle down) and doing a "makeover" (blower & partial buildup, brakes,suspension, exterior mods), but decided to wait & see. The bright side is that if I go the mod route I can get plenty of the good stuff to make it mine. Just have to wait & see...and lose my mind doing so!!! :wacko: :rant: :wacko: :rant: :wacko:

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Aug 19 2006, 07:52 PM) 36523[/snapback]

Order banks typically open about 2-3 months before Job 1. If Job 1 stays on schedule for January 2007, then I suspect the order banks will be opening in the next 60 days for the Shelby GT.

We have no list for the Shelby GT yet. Only a couple customers have asked about it, but once I explained that there's no supercharger and "only" 325hp they balk at it. I suspect that ADM's will be rather small, if there are ADM's at all, on the Shelby GT. Yeah, sure, limited production, Shelby's name on the trunk, built in Vegas, etc. However, it is essentially a Mustang GT with the already-available power & handling packs from Ford.

With only two color choices available, I think our best bet as dealers in to just order Shelby GT's for stock (not pre-sell them ahead of time) and wait 'til they show up to better gauge real interest in this car.

Stealerships are going to sell them before they ever arrive at their doors, greed plain and simple is what they care about. For the few good ones out there we have 100 who don't care.

I'm going to be feeding the worms long before any Shelby 500 or Shelby GT or Boss whatever is worth big money. And - they'll only be worth big money if most of them are in junk yards.

Therefore - my bang for the buck instincts told me to do it this way.

Again - if my pockets were much deeper - I'd probably have a Shelby. They aren't - and I'm just fine with that! :shift:

I mean - some people think a Ford GT-40 is worth FIVE Mustang GT's.

I can't understand that logic. Sorry.

I'll take 2 Mustangs and a very fast boat, thank you. :bandance:

Cost aside i think the Shelby GT has the ability to be a better handling and funner car to drive then the GT500 but it will never be more powerful. But why do some guys feel that comparing the two is a competition? I just want the cars in the hands of the car lover and not the richest guy in the room.

I agree with Five Oh B, I don't think this car will cause the mayhem that the '500 did. Here's why:

-The '500 was the 1st "Shelby" Mustang in 40 years;

-The Most powerful, and quickest Mustang built--for streets

-Retro design is still new and market still strong for all Mustangs

-First S.E. on the new platform

-For only $5k more you get 175 HP (GT 500)..and..and..and

Many people want bragging rights. It's only about power. They are not thinking about balance, they want the quickest car from stop-light to stop-light. Most of these folks (those driven strictly by the HP#) are missing the point: Lighter car, better handling/stopping. You have to add a blower (or N/A to 400 + - HP) to this car, however, if you want to keep up with the '500, or on the straights you are toast. This car, with 400-ish HP and 500 lbs less weight will do very well against a '500.

People only hear "Shelby" and "325 HP" and lose interest. They have missed the point. As for me, I will (most likely) wait till they offer this car, in a 'vert, with a blower package, called the GT350. Or I will buy a '500 and lighten the thing up myself. But I won't pay mark-up...

Yeah, think "helium filled tires"............ :hysterical:

I agree with Five Oh B, I don't think this car will cause the mayhem that the '500 did. Here's why:

-The '500 was the 1st "Shelby" Mustang in 40 years;

-The Most powerful, and quickest Mustang built--for streets

-Retro design is still new and market still strong for all Mustangs

-First S.E. on the new platform

-For only $5k more you get 175 HP (GT 500)..and..and..and

Many people want bragging rights. It's only about power. They are not thinking about balance, they want the quickest car from stop-light to stop-light. Most of these folks (those driven strictly by the HP#) are missing the point: Lighter car, better handling/stopping. You have to add a blower (or N/A to 400 + - HP) to this car, however, if you want to keep up with the '500, or on the straights you are toast. This car, with 400-ish HP and 500 lbs less weight will do very well against a '500.

People only hear "Shelby" and "325 HP" and lose interest. They have missed the point. As for me, I will (most likely) wait till they offer this car, in a 'vert, with a blower package, called the GT350. Or I will buy a '500 and lighten the thing up myself. But I won't pay mark-up...

Yeah, think "helium filled tires"............ :hysterical:

I agree with you that the GT500 will be the more desirable and sought after car between the 2, however if you refuse to pay mark up, you might not ever own one. :shrug:

I agree with you that the GT500 will be the more desirable and sought after car between the 2, however if you refuse to pay mark up, you might not ever own one. :shrug:

I disagree i think the GT500 will be a good investment but not a great one, ADM's will kill any future profit made off the car and remember back in the day many a Shelby sat on sale lots because of the price.

I disagree i think the GT500 will be a good investment but not a great one, ADM's will kill any future profit made off the car and remember back in the day many a Shelby sat on sale lots because of the price.

My friend, for me all cars are money loosers. As you know, soon as you drive them off the lot, the value goes down... and down. I am 45 yrs old and just want to have fun with these cars. As Ruff said, "we will be pushin worms before they are worth what we paid for them" .

Here's something else to consider before putting your Shelby in storage:

Cars from 40 years ago are worth a lot now (some of them) not only because there aren't many left - but also because we can still drive them.

What are the chances that 40 years from now, we'll be using a fuel that won't be able to be used in cars from today?

Just a thought.

Buy stocks instead.

Drive your cars now while you still can. :shift:

Rob - I really think things will be very different in 40 years when it comes to mass transportation.

Even if we start drilling for crude off our coasts - I think we're heading toward some very uninspiring modes of transport! Smaller - electric or hydrogen - people movers.

I don't envy the next few generations.

There will be museums where an internal combustion engined car will be displayed. Visitors will push a button to "hear" how it sounded. A little valve will spray a scent of gasoline. Young boys will wonder what it was like to drive one. Perhaps the floor will vibrate when the "car" accelerates. Then - it's back on the golf cart and back to school.

Enjoy every ride you take in your Mustang. Listen - smell - feel - and drive it! :shift: It won't always be as it is now.

Ruff: You are right. Could be 40, or 50 years. This world is just a pit stop, so we must enjoy every day we get. The next place we go, gas will not be a problem. Getting back to the cost of a regular SHELBY GT, I am hearing that they will start out around 5K over here in the Pacific NW.

• 1 month later...

Is 5K worth it?

I'd definitely say that paying over MSRP is almost never worth it! The only exception would be if one were to be able to turn around and sell the car immediately for a profit.

I'm guessing most of us are not here for that reason, so... I will NEVER pay over MSRP for any car.

They ALWAYS come down in price. Give me one example where they have not eventually come down.

Just saw a new 2007 Zo6 selling for MSRP for example!

BUT HERE'S THE NEWS FLASH!

Down at my local Ford dealer today talking about my favorite car - Shelby GT, and they were looking on their computers and talking (B.S. or not I don't know) saying that they are having 2 incoming (one black, one white) and they "thought" that the MSRP was about - get this....$29,000. They were saying that there would probably be a ADM, but the 29K was encouraging - and honestly more in line with the value of the car I.M.H.O. Also could be a clueless sales manager!

See previous posts of mine re: the "priced out" Shelby GT value versus a GT500, or for a modified Mustang GT for that matter!

As for the name of this thread being "Shelby GT cost", let's get back to that!

Anybody know it?

Amy B.?

Anybody heard about what MSRP is?

Thanks for listening!

I'd definitely say that paying over MSRP is almost never worth it! The only exception would be if one were to be able to turn around and sell the car immediately for a profit.

I'm guessing most of us are not here for that reason, so... I will NEVER pay over MSRP for any car.

They ALWAYS come down in price. Give me one example where they have not eventually come down.

Just saw a new 2007 Zo6 selling for MSRP for example!

BUT HERE'S THE NEWS FLASH!

Down at my local Ford dealer today talking about my favorite car - Shelby GT, and they were looking on their computers and talking (B.S. or not I don't know) saying that they are having 2 incoming (one black, one white) and they "thought" that the MSRP was about - get this....$29,000. They were saying that there would probably be a ADM, but the 29K was encouraging - and honestly more in line with the value of the car I.M.H.O. Also could be a clueless sales manager!

See previous posts of mine re: the "priced out" Shelby GT value versus a GT500, or for a modified Mustang GT for that matter!

As for the name of this thread being "Shelby GT cost", let's get back to that!

Anybody know it?

Amy B.?

Anybody heard about what MSRP is?

Thanks for listening!

29-31K is the price for the GT with the 54U upfitters package. It does nothing to make it a Shelby. It puts on a CS package and 3.55 axle. the MSRP is 31-32k before Shelby does thier magic. The Shelby $ has not been finalized. Think about it aCS is 31-32 MSRP, how are you going to get the CS with a Shelby upgrade that includes FR Power Pack, FR Handling Pack, Badging, etc for the price of a CS? Make an educated, informed decision.

29-31K is the price for the GT with the 54U upfitters package. It does nothing to make it a Shelby. It puts on a CS package and 3.55 axle. the MSRP is 31-32k before Shelby does thier magic. The Shelby $ has not been finalized. Think about it aCS is 31-32 MSRP, how are you going to get the CS with a Shelby upgrade that includes FR Power Pack, FR Handling Pack, Badging, etc for the price of a CS? Make an educated, informed decision.

As I said, this is what the dealer (actually sales manager) was saying re: the pricing. Certainly felt it was too low compared to what I'd heard. Just wishful thinking! As far as I have seen, Amy B is sticking w/35 K. More power to S.A. Hope they sell all they can.

All I'm saying is that (again repeating) I.M.H.O. to me the car doesn't compare financially to others available on a value per dollar basis. A GT500 for one, once one pays for the upgrades that many of us want on the Shelby GT - Super Charger, uprated brakes (needs these big time after a drive of the GT H), nicer hood etc. A mustang GT with appropriate mods for two. More bang for the buck. Apparently, I'm not the only one with these opinions after reading many other posts.

I applaud S.A. for creating fun cars, and Amy B, for being open with all and taking the time to respond.

I would say that compared to a C/S @ 31-32, a Shelby GT would be a bargain @ 35K for getting all the FR packs and badging. However, I have zero interest in a C/S!

I think we are all waiting with baited breath for the true MSRP of the Shelby GT, but I guess there probably won't be any surprizes.

And... isn't this thread titled "Mustang Shelby GT cost?" I think that's what we are talking about, sorry if I've stayed to far away by talking about "relative value". I appreciate all "poster's" input!

I would say that compared to a C/S @ 31-32, a Shelby GT would be a bargain @ 35K for getting all the FR packs and badging. However, I have zero interest in a C/S!

You can get a CS for about 29 fully loaded. I did.

Rob

Archived