TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mustang Shelby GT cost ????

1970boss302

Guest evilchris

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Aug 29 2006, 10:13 PM) 39333[/snapback]

OK, well our Shelby GT list was started a couple days ago. 6 people on it already. With no specifics on allocations, MSRP, Job 1, etc. we have no idea how to price them, nor will we start taking orders or reserving them yet. I still think the ADM's will be smaller on the GT's vs the GT500's. The big HP always costs more. Look at the collector car market. What's worth more? Boss 302 or Boss 429? Mach 1 with the 428 SCJ or Mach 1 with the 351 2V Windsor? 440 Road Runner or 383 Road Runner? 454SS Chevelle or 396SS Chevelle? 455 Stage 1 Buick GS or 350 Buick GS? V12 mid-engined boxer Ferarris or V8 front engined Ferarris? The list goes on and on. I think the Shelby GT will be the "affordable" way for many people to get their Shelby Fix, while the GT500 will be the top dog for the serious Shelby affecionado. Both will be awesome tools for different tasks.

66 GT-350H will outsell 67 GT-500 nearly everytime.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dealers are getting what they can right now, just like builders got what they could the last 8 years...

Unfortunately, up here in the Northeast, the real estate market is going into the sh*tter, folks with variable rate loans are getting hammered, and the list of foreclosures in the local paper has grown from 1/2 page to 5 pages in the Sunday paper.

Do you think that may have an impact on how many people are willing to spend >$35K on this car over the next 2 years?

By the way, my dealer had no clue about this car 2 weeks ago. He couldn't even get the Bold Moves (#9?) to load on his pc.

• 2 weeks later...

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Aug 29 2006, 10:13 PM) 39333[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

OK, well our Shelby GT list was started a couple days ago. 6 people on it already. With no specifics on allocations, MSRP, Job 1, etc. we have no idea how to price them, nor will we start taking orders or reserving them yet. I still think the ADM's will be smaller on the GT's vs the GT500's. The big HP always costs more. Look at the collector car market. What's worth more? Boss 302 or Boss 429? Mach 1 with the 428 SCJ or Mach 1 with the 351 2V Windsor? 440 Road Runner or 383 Road Runner? 454SS Chevelle or 396SS Chevelle? 455 Stage 1 Buick GS or 350 Buick GS? V12 mid-engined boxer Ferarris or V8 front engined Ferarris? The list goes on and on. I think the Shelby GT will be the "affordable" way for many people to get their Shelby Fix, while the GT500 will be the top dog for the serious Shelby affecionado. Both will be awesome tools for different tasks.

66 GT-350H will outsell 67 GT-500 nearly everytime.

That was true only in the last couple years, 10 years ago you could barely give away an H. The collector market is a fickle one and power usually outsells. So I think 5OH might be right on this one. :shift:

That was true only in the last couple years, 10 years ago you could barely give away an H. The collector market is a fickle one and power usually outsells. So I think 5OH might be right on this one. :shift:

I just hope that the GT500 and the Shelby GT and the GT-H gives years of enjoyment to others like the originals did back in the day.

As an FYI, The one thing Carroll didn't do 40 years ago is have authorized Shelby parts and a mod shop. That is about to change. So for those of you who don't or can't buy a Shelby out the gate, there will be plenty of parts, many of which we can't offer through the dealer cars. Hope that helps somewhat :)

Amy

Hi Amyb,

This is the first time ive seen you post on here... :happy feet: I've

been paying attention to your posts on another site. I read that C & D

eluding to the addition of 2 Different Color Options besides the

Performance White and Black with Silver Stripes. Has that been Kicked

around at all and is there any truth in the aritcle? Also, is there any word

on the SuperCharger being an Option to check off when ordering?

Thanks for keeping us informed , we are eagerly waiting all the info and

pricing to come out on the Shelby GT's :shift:

The October Motor Trend has an article on page 20 :read: that says "Select Ford dealers will sell them at a target price of $35,000". The article says that Shelby will assemble between 5,000 and 10,000 of these cars. Lets hope they do 10,000 of them ! :headscratch:

As an FYI, The one thing Carroll didn't do 40 years ago is have authorized Shelby parts and a mod shop. That is about to change. So for those of you who don't or can't buy a Shelby out the gate, there will be plenty of parts, many of which we can't offer through the dealer cars. Hope that helps somewhat :)

Amy

Hello Amy, would you please comment on Carrol's and your company's position with "ADM's" that will or won't be attached to the selling price of the 2007 Shelby GT Mustangs? I'm not sure if you have been asked this before or not?

Thank you,

Blayne

FYI, Mfr's have no controls over ADMs that the dealers do, they do not realize profit from this, only the dealer does. Free market society.

Hello, you are correct, and I should not have asked the question. I really get tired of people slamming Ford for the ADM's on the GT500. I havn't seen any criticism towards SA for the coming ADM's on the S H E L B Y GT, I guess it's coming. What ever happened to "First come, first serve", and this is the price? Car dealers wonder why they have such a bad reputation. My 2 cents.

Hello Amy, would you please comment on Carrol's and your company's position with "ADM's" that will or won't be attached to the selling price of the 2007 Shelby GT Mustangs? I'm not sure if you have been asked this before or not?

Thank you,

Blayne

Hi Blayne, I really can't comment on things i have absolutely no control over. I wish we did, but we don't, sorry

Amy

Hi Amyb,

This is the first time ive seen you post on here... :happy feet: I've

been paying attention to your posts on another site. I read that C & D

eluding to the addition of 2 Different Color Options besides the

Performance White and Black with Silver Stripes. Has that been Kicked

around at all and is there any truth in the aritcle? Also, is there any word

on the SuperCharger being an Option to check off when ordering?

Thanks for keeping us informed , we are eagerly waiting all the info and

pricing to come out on the Shelby GT's :shift:

Hi, I try to get to most of the sites and post when I can or if you really need me too, sometimes, I just read :)

The colors are the colors, black and silver and white and silver. We will make between up to 10K, we are working on options like the supercharger the Gt-H hood, upgraded exhaust, etc. I will absolutely update you guys as i know more, do come see me at the ford booth at SEMA, we have some new stuff to show ;)

Amy

I've been talking to a local dealer, Two Rivers Ford in Donelson, Tennessee. I've asked about ordering, waiting list, and mark-up. They have been corresponding with me via email. I've talked with them several times on the phone and in persoon. Yesterday I received this via email:

Dear Tim;

I have been out sick for a couple of days, I have tallked with Doug

again, and he says that December is when you can order them. Still

nothing on options offered, will let you know as soon as I find any

thing out. He did say he thought they were saying the car would

approx be at around $37,000.00 but he did not know if this is what

it will sell for. I guess we are going to have to wait a little longer to

get more information. Will keep you updated, as I get the information.

Thanks, again

Kathy

Internet Sales Representative

Notice that she said "Doug" said... I think he is someone that works for Ford regionally. If he is saying a base of $37, but does not know what they will sell for, is that like saying their will be a mark-up?

I'm real excited about this car, and recently read an article in the new C&D about the Hertz model. In th article, they elude to colors and options that could run the cost up to $41. I've also had phone conversations to that same effect with this lady.

I guess we'll all have to wait and hope. I recently rented a Hertz, it was fun, but I'm not sure I'd play the mark up game.

Hello, you are correct, and I should not have asked the question. I really get tired of people slamming Ford for the ADM's on the GT500. I havn't seen any criticism towards SA for the coming ADM's on the S H E L B Y GT, I guess it's coming. What ever happened to "First come, first serve", and this is the price? Car dealers wonder why they have such a bad reputation. My 2 cents.

I agree. Dealers are individual business owners that carry a line of product. Each dealer can act on his own (within legal bounds). It's no guarantee of any moral backbone. People are bound to criticize S.A. no matter what they do (just like all consumers criticize other companies).

FWIW, I did not buy the GT500 because after 1 year on a waiting list (position #1, in fact I urged the owner to start the list) and being promised "don't worry, you'll get one at sticker", the dealer turned on me 3 weeks before the ordering cycle with "$25,000 over sticker". Too late for me to hop on another list. I told him to stick it, and I can wait for serial #18,000 if I had to. So now I wait. This Shelby GT looks awefully promising to me (especially with a blower).

Understand, I am not bitter towards a dealer if they did not promise such a thing. After all, it's supply and demand. No fan of this, but what can you do? So, I choose to wait, and never go back to that dealer. Price is price. Remember to patronize the good dealers and let them know why. If you can be patient (or dilligent enough to find one @ sticker), it will pay off. :shift:

I agree. Dealers are individual business owners that carry a line of product. Each dealer can act on his own (within legal bounds). It's no guarantee of any moral backbone. People are bound to criticize S.A. no matter what they do (just like all consumers criticize other companies).

FWIW, I did not buy the GT500 because after 1 year on a waiting list (position #1, in fact I urged the owner to start the list) and being promised "don't worry, you'll get one at sticker", the dealer turned on me 3 weeks before the ordering cycle with "$25,000 over sticker". Too late for me to hop on another list. I told him to stick it, and I can wait for serial #18,000 if I had to. So now I wait. This Shelby GT looks awefully promising to me (especially with a blower).

Understand, I am not bitter towards a dealer if they did not promise such a thing. After all, it's supply and demand. No fan of this, but what can you do? So, I choose to wait, and never go back to that dealer. Price is price. Remember to patronize the good dealers and let them know why. If you can be patient (or dilligent enough to find one @ sticker), it will pay off. :shift:

Hello, i know quite a few people who have simply thrown in the towel on the whole "Shelby" thing.

Hello, i know quite a few people who have simply thrown in the towel on the whole "Shelby" thing.

Larry: It does not sound like you have thrown in the towel. I started working with a dealer a few weeks ago inquiring about the 08 Bullitt and getting a contract for one. It sounds like he is close to getting me a contract of some sort. He offered me the option of the Shelby GT, and it has made me think twice. After reading what Amy has to say about the factory options, the car is sounding pretty sweet. I got a e-mail today from my dealer. I will let you know if I lock something in. He is working with the NW regional rep. on trying to get information. Let me know if you find anything else out about this car. Thanks.

Larry: It does not sound like you have thrown in the towel. I started working with a dealer a few weeks ago inquiring about the 08 Bullitt and getting a contract for one. It sounds like he is close to getting me a contract of some sort. He offered me the option of the Shelby GT, and it has made me think twice. After reading what Amy has to say about the factory options, the car is sounding pretty sweet. I got a e-mail today from my dealer. I will let you know if I lock something in. He is working with the NW regional rep. on trying to get information. Let me know if you find anything else out about this car. Thanks.

The car is supposed to sticker at 35 - 36k, add in some options like the supercharger and GT-H hood and your at or over 41k not including any dealer ADM. Not worth it in my opinion. Too close to the GT500 price point (if you can find one for MSRP) or a new C6 Vette. Now if you absolutely have to have a Shelby, then this car is your best bet. The GT350 when it's released will be marked up out the wazoo just like the GT500.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Aug 19 2006, 06:52 PM) 36523[/snapback]

Order banks typically open about 2-3 months before Job 1. If Job 1 stays on schedule for January 2007, then I suspect the order banks will be opening in the next 60 days for the Shelby GT.

We have no list for the Shelby GT yet. Only a couple customers have asked about it, but once I explained that there's no supercharger and "only" 325hp they balk at it. I suspect that ADM's will be rather small, if there are ADM's at all, on the Shelby GT. Yeah, sure, limited production, Shelby's name on the trunk, built in Vegas, etc. However, it is essentially a Mustang GT with the already-available power & handling packs from Ford.

With only two color choices available, I think our best bet as dealers in to just order Shelby GT's for stock (not pre-sell them ahead of time) and wait 'til they show up to better gauge real interest in this car.

5 Oh B: Any new information come available in the last 3 weeks since you posted this. Let us know. Thanks.

The car is supposed to sticker at 35 - 36k, add in some options like the supercharger and GT-H hood and your at or over 41k not including any dealer ADM. Not worth it in my opinion. Too close to the GT500 price point (if you can find one for MSRP) or a new C6 Vette. Now if you absolutely have to have a Shelby, then this car is your best bet. The GT350 when it's released will be marked up out the wazoo just like the GT500.

90GT: Need a few opinions on this. Shelby GT - Fitted up at the Shelby plant by Shelby employees. Shelby GT500 - Built at the ford plant under SVT guidelines with Carols input. Both cars are AWESOME, but which one is more true to form?

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Aug 19 2006, 06:52 PM) 36523[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Order banks typically open about 2-3 months before Job 1. If Job 1 stays on schedule for January 2007, then I suspect the order banks will be opening in the next 60 days for the Shelby GT.

We have no list for the Shelby GT yet. Only a couple customers have asked about it, but once I explained that there's no supercharger and "only" 325hp they balk at it. I suspect that ADM's will be rather small, if there are ADM's at all, on the Shelby GT. Yeah, sure, limited production, Shelby's name on the trunk, built in Vegas, etc. However, it is essentially a Mustang GT with the already-available power & handling packs from Ford.

With only two color choices available, I think our best bet as dealers in to just order Shelby GT's for stock (not pre-sell them ahead of time) and wait 'til they show up to better gauge real interest in this car.

5 Oh B: Any new information come available in the last 3 weeks since you posted this. Let us know. Thanks.

90GT: Need a few opinions on this. Shelby GT - Fitted up at the Shelby plant by Shelby employees. Shelby GT500 - Built at the ford plant under SVT guidelines with Carols input. Both cars are AWESOME, but which one is more true to form?

That depends on how you look at it. Yes the Shelby GT is built at his plant by his employees. It even comes with a certification plaque on the dash and a CSX serial number. Enthusiasts will say this is the true Shelby. Key thing to keep in mind is not all of the Shelby's built back in the day were built at Shelby's facility but are still highly coveted by collectors.

My personal take on all of this is as follows:

Shelby GT is the real Shelby for reasons stated above. The GT500 on the other hand started life off as the next gen SVT Cobra and then was changed to the GT500 later on.

Either way both cars will be "Shelbys" in collectors minds, probably with the GT500 being the more coveted model. But why worry about all of this, just buy the Shelby you want and drive it and enjoy it. :bandance:

That depends on how you look at it. Yes the Shelby GT is built at his plant by his employees. It even comes with a certification plaque on the dash and a CSX serial number. Enthusiasts will say this is the true Shelby. Key thing to keep in mind is not all of the Shelby's built back in the day were built at Shelby's facility but are still highly coveted by collectors.

My personal take on all of this is as follows:

Shelby GT is the real Shelby for reasons stated above. The GT500 on the other hand started life off as the next gen SVT Cobra and then was changed to the GT500 later on.

Either way both cars will be "Shelbys" in collectors minds, probably with the GT500 being the more coveted model. But why worry about all of this, just buy the Shelby you want and drive it and enjoy it. :bandance:

90GT: I agree with you on all your comments, especially on the enjoy it part :shift: . I was just curious about your take on the Shelby GT since you stated in a earlier post that you did not think that the car was worth the $money$ compared to the price of the GT500.

90GT: I agree with you on all your comments, especially on the enjoy it part :shift: . I was just curious about your take on the Shelby GT since you stated in a earlier post that you did not think that the car was worth the $money$ compared to the price of the GT500.

Well for comparisons sake lets stay with just MSRP vs MSRP. The Shelby GT stickers at 35k, add on the supercharger and your now at an estimated 41k. Any additional options and the price goes higher. The GT500 stickers for around 43k. It gives you so much more over the Shelby GT like the 5.4L with the forged internals, the 6 spd trans and the huge brakes. In my opinion, the GT500 is the better deal.

Now lets take reality into consideration. With the ADM's the GT500 has been commanding, the Shelby GT will be more reachable for most folks even though with options it will be close to or at the base MSRP for the GT500.

It's all a matter of personal opinion.

I've got $31k in my GT as it stands.

I'm driving it and loving it. It's fast enough for me and it stands out. No one else has one just like it. I think that's cool. :shift:

Great point i think at th end of the day you have to be happy with whats in the garage, i just dont like the prospect of any car making a true enthusiast worry about ADM's and not the product itself.And by the way the current GT500 and possible the new Shelby GT will never reach the heights of collectibility of the originals.

I'm going to be feeding the worms long before any Shelby 500 or Shelby GT or Boss whatever is worth big money. And - they'll only be worth big money if most of them are in junk yards.

Therefore - my bang for the buck instincts told me to do it this way.

Again - if my pockets were much deeper - I'd probably have a Shelby. They aren't - and I'm just fine with that! :shift:

I mean - some people think a Ford GT-40 is worth FIVE Mustang GT's.

I can't understand that logic. Sorry.

I'll take 2 Mustangs and a very fast boat, thank you. :bandance:

Archived