TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Saleen PJ

robertlane

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Stewdee ~ Latest word I have is that 96, 97 and 99 were finnished on Friday and will ship out to Frontier Ford on Dec 27th, 28th or 29th. They should arrive January 2, 3 or 4 Maybe see you there !

Kenardo :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Well, I got a phone message today (1-4-07) the car might get here on Jan. 12th. I mean it was ordered in April of 06. I don't get what the hold up is, people have ordered cars late summer and fall and already have them in other parts of the country. I'm starting to think this dealer really bites!!! :(

Well, I got a phone message today (1-4-07) the car might get here on Jan. 12th. I mean it was ordered in April of 06. I don't get what the hold up is, people have ordered cars late summer and fall and already have them in other parts of the country. I'm starting to think this dealer really bites!!! :(

:banghead: That sux, Kenardo did mention in another forum there seems to be a slowdown in production due to meticulous QC on these cars. This would be an unforseen circumstance that maybe your dealer didn't know about? I haven't seen any pics of higher number (greater than 100) PJ's anywhere. I know they aren't totally sequential, but this may be the reason.

Hang in there. Unless you live in an awesome climate, you're not gonna want to drive it in this weather anyway, and it'll stay new for the spring.

Chuck

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome, you will enjoy it here, a great group of enthusiasts who love their Mustangs!! Enjoy the PJ, what an awesome ride!! Now, if I can just hit the lottery, I'll be joining those of you lucky enough to purchase one!!

It will never be a shelby though enough said .

The PJ is a far superior car in every way except maybe straight line. I've driven both and own the PJ. The Shelby is a very nose heavy pig that lacks the balance of the Saleen. Also, the Shelby can't put it's 500HP to the ground worth a damn. Fact not fiction.

To each his own though...you can have one of 500 or own one of 20,000+ .

PJ#111

I really like both cars - but I think comparing them is not really balanced. Maybe if Shelby offered a GT350, then comparing it to the PJ would be grand.

I think they are both stellar cars - the PJ makes me foam at the mouth like the GT500 does. :baby:

The PJ is my version of the ultimate Mustang. Don't get me wrong, I like the GT500 but the PJ is definitely the "ultimate Mustang" for me!! Unless of course, Ford can figure out how to build a REAL Boss 302.

Welcome, you will enjoy it here, a great group of enthusiasts who love their Mustangs!! Enjoy the PJ, what an awesome ride!! Now, if I can just hit the lottery, I'll be joining those of you lucky enough to purchase one!!

January 22, 2007 ~ Just drove my new Saleen Parnelli Jones Limited Edition home at night in a driving rain storm in Vancouver, B.C. Parked it in the driveway and got out the wash bucket and cleaned her up then into the garrage to dry it off. This car is everything its advertised it would be and a whole lot more. I'm speachless !!! WOW, doesn't even come close. Head and shoulders above the Shelby GT500. Sorry Shelby fans but this is the REAL DEAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't tell you how glad I am that my former Ford Dealer wanted to charge me $20,000.00 over retail. And I said KEEP YOUR CAR !!! I should send him a bottle of fine wine. In my book the Parnelli rivals the Ford GT in looks and style. This is what Ford should have been doing with the MUSTANG BOSS 302 in the first place. Hats off to you Steve Saleen !!!

THUNDER ROAD

Kenardo :banana piano: :banvictory::yahoo: :beerchug:

January 22, 2007 ~ Just drove my new Saleen Parnelli Jones Limited Edition home at night in a driving rain storm in Vancouver, B.C. Parked it in the driveway and got out the wash bucket and cleaned her up then into the garrage to dry it off. This car is everything its advertised it would be and a whole lot more. I'm speachless !!! WOW, doesn't even come close. Head and shoulders above the Shelby GT500. Sorry Shelby fans but this is the REAL DEAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't tell you how glad I am that my former Ford Dealer wanted to charge me $20,000.00 over retail. And I said KEEP YOUR CAR !!! I should send him a bottle of fine wine. In my book the Parnelli rivals the Ford GT in looks and style. This is what Ford should have been doing with the MUSTANG BOSS 302 in the first place. Hats off to you Steve Saleen !!!

THUNDER ROAD

Kenardo :banana piano: :banvictory::yahoo: :beerchug:

Kenardo, glad to hear you got yours back from Frontier safe and sound. I picked #111 up from them on the 13th, drove it back home 80 miles south of Seattle between snow storms. I picked the only sunny dry day in about 3 weeks!!! The car is a real blast and it attracts major attention where ever I go. Needless to say, people just go nuts over it. When I had my Boss 429 it got its fair share of attention, but nothing like this car. Enjoy your ride. I'll be waxing mine up on friday. Oh yeah, the delivery truck driver from Saleen upon doing his inspection found a small scratch in the billet fuel door, now I looked the car over really good and didn't see a thing but they have a new door waiting for me anyway. Now thats service bro! Think I'll mount the old one on the wall in the shop! :)

P.S. Anyone interested in a 07 Shelby 500? My favorite Ford dealer in Kent WA. has one that was delivered with a small dent in the RT. door and a chip in the left front wheel. It's blue with white stripes. I think they are asking mid 50's for it. Bowen Scarff Ford in Kent WA.

:hysterical2:

Laughing at some trying to turn this thread into GT500 vs. PJ!!

Apples and Oranges.

The GT500 is the last vehicle on the failed SVT line that happened to get a thumbs up from Carroll and his name emblazened here and there. It has a F150 sized iron block that makes it so front weight biased that everyone who has commented on this car says thats its defining characteristic. It does have more horsepower, but it achieves it with forced induction which, in most car guy's opinions, is a cheat. There's no way it will have the same throttle response as a NA car. It has vinyl stripes, heat issues, and a crazy high insurance cost.

Read up on the Saleen PJ. Total rebuilt motor with forged internals, higher compression, new stroke and cams, basically a ported, blueprinted motor that would be $$$ to attempt compared to slapping a blower on.

The PJ isn't a Shelby. But the GT500 isn't the Shelby that the original ones were. I consider the cars being built and modded at Shelby's plant (Shelby Hertz and Shelby GT) more true Shelby's than the 8-10K per year builds rolling off the Ford Plant.

The GT500 at true MSRP (45k) is a cheaper car than the Saleen PJ. There's a reason for that. What it takes to make the Saleen and the Very limited quantity of builds (500). There's a lot of misconceptions about what the GT500 will be worth, especially with 25-30k of them out on the road in 3 years. In the same three years there will still ONLY be 500 Saleen PJ's out there. Which one do you think will turn heads or command auction premiums? My money is on the Saleen PJ and most likely (for Shelby lovers) the Shelby Hertz edition. Those will be rare compared to the sea of specialty vehicles on the S197 platform.

Rant off.

Chuck

Guest markham51
:hysterical2:

Laughing at some trying to turn this thread into GT500 vs. PJ!!

Apples and Oranges.

The GT500 is the last vehicle on the failed SVT line that happened to get a thumbs up from Carroll and his name emblazened here and there. It has a F150 sized iron block that makes it so front weight biased that everyone who has commented on this car says thats its defining characteristic. It does have more horsepower, but it achieves it with forced induction which, in most car guy's opinions, is a cheat. There's no way it will have the same throttle response as a NA car. It has vinyl stripes, heat issues, and a crazy high insurance cost.

Read up on the Saleen PJ. Total rebuilt motor with forged internals, higher compression, new stroke and cams, basically a ported, blueprinted motor that would be $$$ to attempt compared to slapping a blower on.

The PJ isn't a Shelby. But the GT500 isn't the Shelby that the original ones were. I consider the cars being built and modded at Shelby's plant (Shelby Hertz and Shelby GT) more true Shelby's than the 8-10K per year builds rolling off the Ford Plant.

The GT500 at true MSRP (45k) is a cheaper car than the Saleen PJ. There's a reason for that. What it takes to make the Saleen and the Very limited quantity of builds (500). There's a lot of misconceptions about what the GT500 will be worth, especially with 25-30k of them out on the road in 3 years. In the same three years there will still ONLY be 500 Saleen PJ's out there. Which one do you think will turn heads or command auction premiums? My money is on the Saleen PJ and most likely (for Shelby lovers) the Shelby Hertz edition. Those will be rare compared to the sea of specialty vehicles on the S197 platform.

Rant off.

Chuck

I just sold my 99 Saleen (very low miles, 100% perfect) for 1/3 what I paid for it. Anyone who thinks they hold their value isn't being realistic. Shelbys will be the same way. Over the years I have learned that they all depreciate and there will always be something prettier or more powerful (or more cool) out in a few months. Every car is a compromise.

The $300 difference is the gas guzzler tax up to 1300.

That takes the official MSRP to 61865.

If you can find a dealer without a buyer yet, you should be able to get it at that.

This is an expensive toy, but VERY well put together!

Chuck

Chuck, I thought mine was very well put together....that is until I was waxing it and bumped the little chrome boom-a-rang piece around the left taillight and it fell on the ground! I then proceeded around to the RT. side and gave it a little pull, sure enough it fell off in my hand! :( I prepped the paint and trim pieces myself and used some of my body shop trim tape from 3M...much better stuff than the clear bubble gum crap Saleen uses, then for even more bite I brushed on some high strength trim adhesive glue. Needless to say those babies are on there for life! I did notify Saleen of my findings so maybe they will watch this process a little closer.-John

PJ #111

Attention: All PARNELLI JONES MUSTANG LOVERS ~ The March 2007 Edition of Motor Trend Magazine has the 1st Full Road Test of the 2007 Saleen Parnelli Jones Limited Edition Grabber Orange Mustang. Enjoy !!!

Kenardo :banana piano: :redcard: :hyper: :hyper: :headspin::headspin: :happy feet: :happy feet:

PJ # 112

Bullitt # 1395

BMW Z3 Janes Bond Edition

And thank gawd for that... If the GT500 had an aluminum block... I'D STILL TAKE THE PJ. PJ is superior to the GT500 in everything except 1/4 mile times. Give me the car that handles, baby.

If you can't afford the PJ, build a road course car with Steeda parts. Can't afford Steeda parts? (Danger, segue coming...)

Run down to Target and pick up a Hot Wheel!!! :yup:

HW_006.jpg

Beautiful PJ, Chuck!!! :wub: I'm jealous!! How about some more pics for those of us who will never have one of their own?

I wouldn't dream of creating a fake. Besides, I'd want that look just because I like it and want to personalize my 'Stang, not to make a profit. I would only purchase the various PJ Saleen appearance pieces if Ford doesn't produce a significant Boss Mustang in the next few years. However, I do understand your point. Sadly, there are some people out there that would stoop to such a level to make a quick buck :nonono:

Some pics of PJ #111

quote name='MustangFanatic' date='Dec 7 2006, 03:14 PM' post='71815']

Beautiful PJ, Chuck!!! :wub: I'm jealous!! How about some more pics for those of us who will never have one of their own?

I wouldn't dream of creating a fake. Besides, I'd want that look just because I like it and want to personalize my 'Stang, not to make a profit. I would only purchase the various PJ Saleen appearance pieces if Ford doesn't produce a significant Boss Mustang in the next few years. However, I do understand your point. Sadly, there are some people out there that would stoop to such a level to make a quick buck :nonono:

Some pics of PJ #111

post-3754-1171169519_thumb.jpg

post-3754-1171170034_thumb.jpg

post-3754-1171170370_thumb.jpg

post-3754-1171169519_thumb.jpg

post-3754-1171170034_thumb.jpg

post-3754-1171170370_thumb.jpg

quote name='MustangFanatic' date='Dec 7 2006, 03:14 PM' post='71815']

Some pics of PJ #111

Stew...

Awesome ride! Your pics show the color off well. FYI - for privacy reasons, you might want to blackout your license plate. I don't know if it makes a dif but I've heard...

Chuck

Stew...

Awesome ride! Your pics show the color off well. FYI - for privacy reasons, you might want to blackout your license plate. I don't know if it makes a dif but I've heard...

Chuck

Good point about the plate Chuck. Although my insurance company is top notch....Smith&Wesson!!!

Hey, PJ-Saleen brethren... what a sweet car you have!!!

Don't know if you've seen (on another Boss thread) this very cool vid of the PJ-Saleen and the original Boss 302 having it out a little on a road course... it's a Saleen promo piece, but still very cool ;-)

-Dan

Hey there everybody, check out the march issue of "Modified mustangs". They have a nice article on the PJ. They also quote some better numbers on the car ( 4.50 to 60 and 12.50 in the qtr.) these are Saleen claims. -Stewdee

Archived