TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Saleen PJ

robertlane

Chuck ~ Where did you purchase your PJ ?

Kenardo

Kenardo, I have a deposit on the ONE PJ my local dealer is getting.

I just got some more info today!

Bumper number = 126

Build date = 11-22-06

Expected deliver = December 4

Can't wait to see her in person!

:banana piano:

chuck

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Excellent!!! Thanks for the update, Robert!!! To clarify, is the 4.6L bored or stroked to get 5.0L? I didn't think it was possible to bored the 4.6L beyond it's current dimension. Did Saleen give any idea of the redline on the 5.0L?

From all pics I've seen, the car is the perfect execution of a Boss Mustang (except for the price tag!!)

Your hunch is correct, Fanatic ;) It's stroked (B/S): 3.55/3.80. 400HP at 6000rpm -- doesn't state a redline. Still, a beautiful car and, in my opinion, the most credible Boss 302 out there (and passes emissions in all 50 states -- the Galpin crate-Boss sure doesn't ;-)

Here's a link to the full specs on the Saleen site:

http://www.saleen.com/saleen_parnelli_specs.htm

-Dan

Hey all! I got my Saleen Parnelli Jones 302!!

I've posted pics on this thread from another site. Go see!

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_2308982/tm.htm

Thanks!

Chuck

Wow! She is a beauty! Good luck!

Hope you come back and tell us more as you break her in ;)

-Dan

Hey all! I got my Saleen Parnelli Jones 302!!

I've posted pics on this thread from another site. Go see!

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_2308982/tm.htm

Thanks!

Chuck

Chuckdoc,

I like the look of your GO Saleen Parnelli Jones 302. Very Nice.

What did that set you back, if you don't mind me asking.

Rob.

FYI ~ A lot of dealers are sling them for $65,500.00 and getting it.

The $300 difference is the gas guzzler tax up to 1300.

That takes the official MSRP to 61865.

If you can find a dealer without a buyer yet, you should be able to get it at that.

This is an expensive toy, but VERY well put together!

Chuck

The $300 difference is the gas guzzler tax up to 1300.

That takes the official MSRP to 61865.

If you can find a dealer without a buyer yet, you should be able to get it at that.

This is an expensive toy, but VERY well put together!

Chuck

Chuck,

With only 500 being made, How do they get split up among the dealers. Did you have to order it thru a dealer ? GO is my favorite Color, and that Black stripe really sets your car off. Now I gotta go take another look at it.

Rob

Chuck,

With only 500 being made, How do they get split up among the dealers. Did you have to order it thru a dealer ? GO is my favorite Color, and that Black stripe really sets your car off. Now I gotta go take another look at it.

Rob

Rob,

There are 2 Authorized Saleen dealers in Oklahoma. Each got an allotment of 1 car. If the dealer does more business - like Ron Ward at Campbell Ford, they can get more. There's also E-bay.

Kenardo knows of a good dealer near him also.

Chuck

Congrats Chuck!!! :banana piano:

Can anyone tell me if Saleen has packaged and selling a conversion kit for folks who would like to create their own PJ as a project? I've tryed calling them direct and always get the guy who answers the phone but never get transfered to some who can provide an answer. This is probably the best place to pose the question. Thanks in advance...

Can anyone tell me if Saleen has packaged and selling a conversion kit for folks who would like to create their own PJ as a project? I've tryed calling them direct and always get the guy who answers the phone but never get transfered to some who can provide an answer. This is probably the best place to pose the question. Thanks in advance...

EXVp,

If they stay consistent, they will offer the TPO body parts to make a clone. You might have more trouble getting a stroked 302 under the hood! I don't know if they will offer the decals unless you own one of the limited editions, but they might. Wheels, etc... - It doesn't make good business sense to refuse to sell any of these parts. They might wait until the build run to offer them, however.

Chuck

EXVp,

If they stay consistent, they will offer the TPO body parts to make a clone. You might have more trouble getting a stroked 302 under the hood! I don't know if they will offer the decals unless you own one of the limited editions, but they might. Wheels, etc... - It doesn't make good business sense to refuse to sell any of these parts. They might wait until the build run to offer them, however.

Chuck

Chuck,

Thanks for the reply! Found a dealer nearby who's also checking on this for me. I'll post what I learn from it here when I have something. Thanks.

Chuck,

Thanks for the reply! Found a dealer nearby who's also checking on this for me. I'll post what I learn from it here when I have something. Thanks.

Just got an email from Saleen group. PJ kits will be available after the production run is complete. I asked back for lose pricing and kit exclusions...

Just got an email from Saleen group. PJ kits will be available after the production run is complete. I asked back for lose pricing and kit exclusions...

Excellent, if Ford doesn't come through with a Boss Mustang soon, I'll use the PJ Saleen parts and build my own. Thanks for the update EXVp!!

Excellent, if Ford doesn't come through with a Boss Mustang soon, I'll use the PJ Saleen parts and build my own. Thanks for the update EXVp!!

Lastest word from Saleen was that they have not established pricing yet or (if any) exclusions/exceptions to the kits. They did say the production run will be complete in just a few months. No other word yet from the dealer I talked with. MF, I kinda feel the same as you. I don't mind building a do it yourselfer. Im not quite seeing what I want out there turnkey. I like and had my sights on the GT500, but that has diminished over time and ADM's and as a track car is not giving me what I was searching for. Not happy with 4000 lbs. plus, gassed and driver installed either. Out of all the body kits/variants I've seen so far the PJ from Saleen looks the most elegant, and from the pictures seen, the form, fit and build quality seem the highest. However, I feel the pricing is wrong from Saleen. $60,000+ is ALLOT of money for working class folks and I can't personnally justify that in my mind. 60K+ is getting into Porsche/Mercedes Benz territory. They haven't got (even this car) reclocked enough to ride along pricewise with these mfg's...so, back to the do it yourselfer. If the kit pricing comes in at a level which will attract attention and priced to sell, people will have a very nice alternative available to them. Another feature I like is that the base car, the kit and or a hybrid variation (part Saleen, part Ford Motorsports parts) can be bundled all together and financed through the dealer. At least this one dealer down the road from me. They seem to be very willing to get into packaging variants to interested customers. Very cool to me...

EXVp, agree on all points. The PJ Saleen is very nicely executed (Robert has seen them in person and indicated the quality was first rate) and the most appropriately styled. Personally, I find the PJ Saleen appearance preferable to the GT500. The biggest drawback to the PJ is, as you pointed out, the extremely high price tag, although the GT500 approaches that level with all the ADM's. Bottom line for me is that I'm going to wait to see if Ford does a Boss Mustang and if it meets my level of expectations. If not, I'll use the PJ Saleen kit to build my own Boss.

EXVp, agree on all points. The PJ Saleen is very nicely executed (Robert has seen them in person and indicated the quality was first rate) and the most appropriately styled. Personally, I find the PJ Saleen appearance preferable to the GT500. The biggest drawback to the PJ is, as you pointed out, the extremely high price tag, although the GT500 approaches that level with all the ADM's. Bottom line for me is that I'm going to wait to see if Ford does a Boss Mustang and if it meets my level of expectations. If not, I'll use the PJ Saleen kit to build my own Boss.

I agree on DIY'ers out there. Just PLEASE don't put a serial number on the bumper and try to pass it off as a genuine Saleen PJ. I've seen some pretty convincing Faleens on Ebay and other places. That's probably a topic for another thread.

Myself, I'm happy with my PJ, and was getting ready to drop the same amount on a GT500 or a S281 SC, so the money wasn't the issue...

Cheers!

saleen018.jpg

I agree on DIY'ers out there. Just PLEASE don't put a serial number on the bumper and try to pass it off as a genuine Saleen PJ. I've seen some pretty convincing Faleens on Ebay and other places. That's probably a topic for another thread.

Myself, I'm happy with my PJ, and was getting ready to drop the same amount on a GT500 or a S281 SC, so the money wasn't the issue...

Cheers!

saleen018.jpg

Beautiful PJ, Chuck!!! :wub: I'm jealous!! How about some more pics for those of us who will never have one of their own?

I wouldn't dream of creating a fake. Besides, I'd want that look just because I like it and want to personalize my 'Stang, not to make a profit. I would only purchase the various PJ Saleen appearance pieces if Ford doesn't produce a significant Boss Mustang in the next few years. However, I do understand your point. Sadly, there are some people out there that would stoop to such a level to make a quick buck :nonono:

Beautiful PJ, Chuck!!! :wub: I'm jealous!! How about some more pics for those of us who will never have one of their own?

In that case...

:happy feet:

saleen015.jpg

saleen005.jpg

saleen010.jpg

saleen002.jpg

saleen001.jpg

Always happy to show 'er off! Didn't know whether I'd linked to these before or not.

Cheers!

I wouldn't dream of creating a fake. Besides, I'd want that look just because I like it and want to personalize my 'Stang, not to make a profit. I would only purchase the various PJ Saleen appearance pieces if Ford doesn't produce a significant Boss Mustang in the next few years. However, I do understand your point. Sadly, there are some people out there that would stoop to such a level to make a quick buck :nonono:

Yeah Check, she's a beaut! More pic's would be nice indeed, the underside as well. A forged S/N wasn't even a thought. MF echo'd my thoughts as well. Funny though, the orange color of yours seems to differ allot from MF's avatar. Maybe a pre-production prototype on the avatar...

Yeah Check, she's a beaut! More pic's would be nice indeed, the underside as well. A forged S/N wasn't even a thought. MF echo'd my thoughts as well. Funny though, the orange color of yours seems to differ allot from MF's avatar. Maybe a pre-production prototype on the avatar...

Grabber Orange really changes in different lighting. the pics were in overcast, which is my personal choice for pic conditions

:bowdown:

Truly stunning!!!!! :drool: Thanks for sharing Chuck, she's a real beauty. Every time I see one, I am reminded that Saleen created the perfect Mustang with the PJ!! Enjoy!!!!

I think the Grabber Orange looks even better on your car than it did on the pre-production show car!!! :drool:

:bowdown:

Truly stunning!!!!! :drool: Thanks for sharing Chuck, she's a real beauty. Every time I see one, I am reminded that Saleen created the perfect Mustang with the PJ!! Enjoy!!!!

I think the Grabber Orange looks even better on your car than it did on the pre-production show car!!! :drool:

Thanks again Chuck...looks great. Spotted something...the production cars ride height is not set the same as shown in the Saleen website. Yours is definately higher. Glad I saw your pics...Thanks.

In that case...

:happy feet:

saleen015.jpg

saleen005.jpg

saleen010.jpg

saleen002.jpg

saleen001.jpg

Always happy to show 'er off! Didn't know whether I'd linked to these before or not.

Cheers!

Chuckdoc,

Your car looks awesome. The GO effect with the Black stripe really sets it off. What a good Looker she is.

Sweeeeeeeeet.

Thanks again Chuck...looks great. Spotted something...the production cars ride height is not set the same as shown in the Saleen website. Yours is definately higher. Glad I saw your pics...Thanks.

You're correct, EX.

I saw some pics of the Saleen PJ's lined up in production at Ron Ward's website for Campbell Ford

http://www.saleenperformancedealer.com/ParnelliJones302.html

And noticed the ride-height was higher than the pre-production car. An email to Saleen revealed that is a fact, and pre-production is just that - not production. I can easily do a spring swap for lower ride, but the car sits fairly low as it is, and the front air dam would take a beating if it was pre-production height.

That said, I may lower mine someday just to get the 'stance' of the prepro car.

Thanks for the comments all.

Chuck

You're correct, EX.

I saw some pics of the Saleen PJ's lined up in production at Ron Ward's website for Campbell Ford

http://www.saleenperformancedealer.com/ParnelliJones302.html

And noticed the ride-height was higher than the pre-production car. An email to Saleen revealed that is a fact, and pre-production is just that - not production. I can easily do a spring swap for lower ride, but the car sits fairly low as it is, and the front air dam would take a beating if it was pre-production height.

That said, I may lower mine someday just to get the 'stance' of the prepro car.

Thanks for the comments all.

Chuck

No problem Doc...Im just south of you in Dallas btw...Let us know if you ever bring it to the strip on 'run what ya brung' Friday night and see what it turns in. :shift:

• 2 weeks later...

Placed my order Oct. 12 for a PJ Mustang. Can't wait !!! Better looking than the Shelby and more authentic too. Better interior, better handling, better priceand a better collector car. Bought it from Frontier Ford in Anacortes WA and GM Mike Z. What a class act he is. 500 PJ's vs 25,000 Shelby's You do the math.

Way to go Steve Saleen and Parnelli Jones !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Kenardo! I have not seen my #97 PJ yet, I have the license plates and all...just no car to put them on! :(

Hello Kenardo! I have not seen my #97 PJ yet, I have the license plates and all...just no car to put them on! :(

Hi Stewdee ~ Latest word I have is that 96, 97 and 99 were finnished on Friday and will ship out to Frontier Ford on Dec 27th, 28th or 29th. They should arrive January 2, 3 or 4 Maybe see you there !

Kenardo :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Archived