TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GRABBER ORANGE SUPER SNAKE VERT!!!

Congratulations on your car, it looks great!

Just one other minor detail besides the headrest is to tape off the scoop intake on the hood and spray some black in there to finish it off. In the picture it was noticable but maybe at a show with the hood up you can't see it.

Enjoy!

Agreed, and it's on the list. I intend to airbrush some flat black in that area, and beyond that I'm also considering fabbing up a couple of flat black mesh screens (perforated S. Steel or alumimum, NOT screen door materal) that will fit (setback) into the intake ducts.

Fortunately I have access to a water jet machine so I'm going to see if I can punch out a couple next weekend to see how they look and fit.

Thanks for the tip!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed, and it's on the list. I intend to airbrush some flat black in that area, and beyond that I'm also considering fabbing up a couple of flat black mesh screens (perforated S. Steel or alumimum, NOT screen door materal) that will fit (setback) into the intake ducts.

Fortunately I have access to a water jet machine so I'm going to see if I can punch out a couple next weekend to see how they look and fit.

Thanks for the tip!

I plan on working on this with my laser cutter after I get mine back...will let you guy's know what I come up wilth..probably use .063 aluminum black anodized....maybe even anodized some GO......Reg

CONGRATULATIONS E, I was off the site for a few days and didnt see this thread until a few minutes ago.

She is a real beauty, NOW ALL WE NEED IS SOME PICS WITH YOUR SMILING FACE BEHIND THE WHEEL.

Congratulations again my friend, glad those orange calipers arrived, although I bet it seemed like forever for you.'

Just spoke with Kenny at SPP and he informed me that the FRPP suspension is the Eibach Pro-System Plus painted blue. If anyone has the catalog showing the yet to be released Shelby suspension system they are the same Eibach system as well painted silver. I was going to order the FRPP through SPP but found out they have to order it from Ford directly and get it shipped to SAI, then it gets shipped to SPP then to me. This process would take approximately 6 weeks. So, I guess I will go with the Eibach system unless the spring rates are much different. I will do some checking on that...

Also got an update on the upper and lower control arms. According to the sales rep they fit correctly but they are doing some hard core testing on them to ensure the bushings meet the proper spec's. He said they hoped to have their design complete in the next few weeks but couldn't promise anything.

Seems to me like they are really doing their homework and testing before releasing the products. That makes me feel good about purchasing authorized Shelby products.

Once again SGT, that car is sick!!! Please keep us all posted on further findings with the car. I know I am pretty tuned into this blog.

Big E.................Buddy.................................all I can say is

FRIGGIN AWESOME!

Roger

Thank you Roger, thank you very much!

Congrats...Looks great.

Can you get us a picture of how they attached the hood pins to the car?

Thank you very much, and yes I will. I also owe another team member pics of the rear end. I'll get both pics up tomorrow.

One thing. I thought they were going with a chrome finish on the hood grills? I like the black better. The car looks great, cant wait to get my vert back for summer.

Thank you. I also hope that you and all others waiting for the conversion get their cars back soon too. The Stainless Steel vent grilles are assigned to the 40th anniversary cars.

SGT-

Is the exhaust system the Borla "S" type or the Turbo? Also, how does it sound and can you hold a conversation in your car driving down the road.

Thanks.

JW,

Borla S, and holding conversations are not a problem.

Congrats! :happy feet: I can't wait to get mine done! Thanks for all the pics. It looks Marvalous!

Thanks MB! I'll be posting few more later.

Hi all,

When you upgrade to the SS package can you opt out of the Armrest and headrest upgrade. I noticed the Texture and color difference in the photo's and if possible I might rather keep the original leather.

Kurtis

[/quoteCONGRATS on the super Snake looks awesome a pictures is worth a thousands words.I wish I could have pulled the trigger on one.But proude a enough to own a Shelby GT 500. Take care and enjoy the awesome car!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all,

When you upgrade to the SS package can you opt out of the Armrest and headrest upgrade. I noticed the Texture and color difference in the photo's and if possible I might rather keep the original leather.

Kurtis

Kurtis, sorry, but you can't option off anything from the package. However, if it makes things better, the SS headrests are just covers that can be removed to uncover the factory headrests. On the other hand if enough SS owners complain about the color issue, then perhaps a change will occur.

CONGRATS on the super Snake looks awesome a pictures is worth a thousands words.I wish I could have pulled the trigger on one.But proude a enough to own a Shelby GT 500. Take care and enjoy the awesome car!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Sir, thank you very much.

Hi all,

Kurtis

Kurtis, sorry, but you can't option off anything from the package. However, if it makes things better, the SS headrests are just covers that can be removed to uncover the factory headrests. On the other hand if enough SS owners complain about the color issue, then perhaps a change will occur.

Ahh, so they are over the top of the original, I thought maybe they removed the original leather first :)

Either way your car looks awesome...

Oh, have you had the car to the drag strip to see what kind of 1/4 miles you can obtain?

Kurtis

Ahh, so they are over the top of the original, I thought maybe they removed the original leather first :)

Either way your car looks awesome...

Oh, have you had the car to the drag strip to see what kind of 1/4 miles you can obtain?

Kurtis

No, not yet. I've only had the car just under a week now and I haven't had the opportunity yet. I would have loved taking it over to the LVMS drag strip before I headed home, but it was closed. I'd like to get some quarter mile times soon, but living in Los Angeles, we no longer have that many 1/4 mile tracks anymore, but I'll work on it.

MORE PICTURES!!!!! Come on Son im impatient :happy feet:

TODAY, I promise.

Enis, thanks for the additional pics -- she is really an awesome work of art!!! Just love those wheels/tires/brakes :woohoo: ...and the overall look is so 'right' that the car seems smaller/tighter ...the mark of a package that really works, imo. Some nits, sure, but all-in-all a superb package.

---

Just a thought and in keping with E's comments for others who may be on the 600/725 fence: if you ever want more power from the SS600, that Eaton TVS 2.3L can easily take it way over 725crank ...no KB needed (2.7 pulley, etc, see Evoperform site). The TVS is a superbly-efficient S/C with a broad sweet-spot. So you can have your FRPP human-friendly suspension pieces and all the power you could ever use too (that is if 600 isn't enough <lol) without having to swap the S/C and can easily return it to SS600-stock if you ever want to -- sort of the best of both worlds, depending on your needs. ...just a thought.

Dan

Enis, thanks for the additional pics -- she is really an awesome work of art!!! Just love those wheels/tires/brakes :woohoo: ...and the overall look is so 'right' that the car seems smaller/tighter ...the mark of a package that really works, imo. Some nits, sure, but all-in-all a superb package.

---

Just a thought and in keping with E's comments for others who may be on the 600/725 fence: if you ever want more power from the SS600, that Eaton TVS 2.3L can easily take it way over 725crank ...no KB needed (2.7 pulley, etc, see Evoperform site). The TVS is a superbly-efficient S/C with a broad sweet-spot. So you can have your FRPP human-friendly suspension pieces and all the power you could ever use too (that is if 600 isn't enough <lol) without having to swap the S/C and can easily return it to SS600-stock if you ever want to -- sort of the best of both worlds, depending on your needs. ...just a thought.

Dan

Yea but the Kenne Bell looks so COOL :happy feet:

michael morris

I am still on the fence but am now starting to lean heavily towards the 600 HP as I think with 725 HP I would kill myself. However, I am anxious to hear the report from MM after he gets his rocket ship back from SAI. I am sure it will be as good as advertised.

I wish I would have jumped on this much earlier, I have quite a while to wait...

I am still on the fence but am now starting to lean heavily towards the 600 HP as I think with 725 HP I would kill myself. However, I am anxious to hear the report from MM after he gets his rocket ship back from SAI. I am sure it will be as good as advertised.

I wish I would have jumped on this much earlier, I have quite a while to wait...

Im sure when the car gets here I will have a small novel for all of yall :hysterical2: SAI is really doing a good job producing these cars, your time will come quicker than you think

michael morris

Im sure when the car gets here I will have a small novel for all of yall :hysterical2: SAI is really doing a good job producing these cars, your time will come quicker than you think

michael morris

I am looking forward to reading your novel but probably not as much as you are to writing it.

I hope you are right and the estimated time (late summer/fall/winter) they gave me is conservative. Anyone have any idea when the other chosen plants will be operational?

GT

First of all the car looks awesome!!!!! I love it and can't wait to get mine done!!!

But...

I'm a little disappointed that SAI didn't fix this issue. They have known about this since the prototypes.

I was hoping they would correct this and other minor issues.

How does the gauge pod look? Is it aligned properly does it look finished and clean? This was another issue I was hoping was fixed.

Thanks and Enjoy!!!

Wow!! Congrats the car is smoking hot!! I have a Grabber car too and it looks SWEEEET. Did they ever get the new hurst type shifters in???? Also- no slam on you GT, but SAI needs to do better on the headrest issue. I think that a signature/logo item like that needs to be done properly, not with covers!!!Especially with texture and color differences. It just does not look authentic.

Wow!! Congrats the car is smoking hot!! I have a Grabber car too and it looks SWEEEET. Did they ever get the new hurst type shifters in???? Also- no slam on you GT, but SAI needs to do better on the headrest issue. I think that a signature/logo item like that needs to be done properly, not with covers!!!Especially with texture and color differences. It just does not look authentic.

Thank you very much and no offense taken what so ever. I don't disagree with anyone's obversations about the headrest pads; and I have privately expressed my feelings/concerns about them to SAI because I feel that's the proper protocol to follow in these matters. Being the first Super Snake package on the road, my car is an "Ambassador" for SAI and the package itself, so this flaw, as minor as it is to the overall beauty of the car, could reflect poorly back on SAI and the package in general, so it's really up to them to set the importance priority on wheather or not to get better looking pads on the cars and when.

I believe that when other SS owners do the same either before or after delivery of their cars, SAI will look into doing something about correcting the pad issues, but I don't think that they will (or should) stop or slow production of the SS packages now waiting for their vendor or another one to come up with better matching pads. It's a fine balance for those who are waiting, because issues like this could hold production up for a flaw that could easely be resolved post delivery. Believe me, if SAI called me and said that my car would be delayed for an additional six weeks because the pads don't exactly match, I would have told them to install whatever they had in stock and send me the better ones later. I suspect that's how most people waiting for their cars will handle it.

IMO, Right now, public opinion will get things changed allot faster than one person squaking about a minor flaw on the car THAT THE OWNER IS ABSOLUTELY F'IN IN LOVE WITH!!!!!!!

Jeez, I feel like Tom Cruse on Oprah. :hysterical2:

Oh, sorry; forgot about the shifter question. All I can tell you is that as far as I know, all Supersnakes will be getting an FRPP shifter, and I can't tell you (don't know) what happened to the Hurst shifters.

PICTURES? I'm working on them. Take the shot, download it to the computer, upload them to Photobucket, download them here. PHEW, that's allot of work, but that's what I'll be doing after dinner, so stay tuned.....

Thank you very much and no offense taken what so ever. I don't disagree with anyone's obversations about the headrest pads; and I have privately expressed my feelings/concerns about them to SAI because I feel that's the proper protocol to follow in these matters. Being the first Super Snake package on the road, my car is an "Ambassador" for SAI and the package itself, so this flaw, as minor as it is to the overall beauty of the car, could reflect poorly back on SAI and the package in general, so it's really up to them to set the importance priority on wheather or not to get better looking pads on the cars and when.

I believe that when other SS owners do the same either before or after delivery of their cars, SAI will look into doing something about correcting the pad issues, but I don't think that they will (or should) stop or slow production of the SS packages now waiting for their vendor or another one to come up with better matching pads. It's a fine balance for those who are waiting, because issues like this could hold production up for a flaw that could easely be resolved post delivery. Believe me, if SAI called me and said that my car would be delayed for an additional six weeks because the pads don't exactly match, I would have told them to install whatever they had in stock and send me the better ones later. I suspect that's how most people waiting for their cars will handle it.

IMO, Right now, public opinion will get things changed allot faster than one person squaking about a minor flaw on the car THAT THE OWNER IS ABSOLUTELY F'IN IN LOVE WITH!!!!!!!

Jeez, I feel like Tom Cruse on Oprah. :hysterical2:

Oh, sorry; forgot about the shifter question. All I can tell you is that as far as I know, all Supersnakes will be getting an FRPP shifter, and I can't tell you (don't know) what happened to the Hurst shifters.

PICTURES? I'm working on them. Take the shot, download it to the computer, upload them to Photobucket, download them here. PHEW, that's allot of work, but that's what I'll be doing after dinner, so stay tuned.....

I am anxiously awaiting for the after dinner entertainment photos!! Bring 'em on :happy feet:

Archived