TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GRABBER ORANGE SUPER SNAKE VERT!!!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would swear that Crispy and Michael must have a satellite trained on SAI 24/7!

YES, YES, IT'S TRUE, SS#0000000000000000000000012 IS HOME!!!!

IT'S AWESOME, TOTALLY AWESOME. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Some quick observations, details will be forthcoming...

1. The FRPP suspension is everything that Gary Davis said it would be. Great ride quality and terrific handling characteristics. Even with the 20" and LoPro tires, the car rides over roadway expansion joints and washboarded asphault smoothly and without a teeth jarring "jounce".

2. The FRPP short throw shifter is perfect and not as “notchy” as the Hurst unit is.

3. The FRPP blower has a higher pitch whine under hard acceleration, and has a slight turbine whine at idle similar to a centrifugal (Paxton) type blower; very cool.

4. I can’t imagine how crazy a 725 H.P. SS would be to drive, because at 605 H.P., the car breaks loose at will. I drove out of SAI and rolled the throttle on through first and second and subsequently got sideways in both gears; AWESOME!!

5. The fit and finish of the hood is PERFECT, as well as the paint work that needed to be done on my particular car because I had painted on Le Mans stripes when I delivered it for conversion. Windshield washer nozzles are no longer on the hood; they have been relocated onto the wiper arms.

6. The car cruses at 100 like its doing 70, and running the car up to 140 is a no brainer with plenty of H.P. still on tap. 5th gear has become a red-headed step child, because with the new power band it’s just easer to go from 4th to 6th and punch it!

7. The orange calipers are really cool and match the car color perfectly. The really cool thing about them is that the orange color reflects off the inside of the Alcoa's and gives off an orange glow onto the front wheels. Pictures of this later.

8. Anyone know where I can get a bigger gas tank?

NEW PICTURES:

th_030908001.jpg

FRPP blower and cross brace.

th_030908002.jpg

Close up of Ford Racing plaque

th_030908004.jpg

The last thing that many bugs will see.

th_030908003.jpg

Underside of CAI duct that sits above the air cleaner.

The car is definately WICKED!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

E, I have spies everywhere. By the way about 15 miles outside of Vegas you were going WAY to fast, but I handled it for you! :hysterical2::hysterical:

The car is AWESOME!!! I can hardly wait for mine. Do you think I can get Bud to work on Saturday? :hysterical2:

Congrats on the SS and hope to see you soon.

MM

Congrats Son of GT.

Cant wait to see it in person.

What does the boost max at??????

Maybe see ya at Fabulaus Fords Knotts April 20??????

Enjoy the new ride.......

Dave

IT'S AWESOME, TOTALLY AWESOME. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Here's a couple of pictures now, but I will take many pictures today and post them here later this evening.

030708003.jpg

The car is WICKED!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

I couldn't leave all the pictures back on page 1.

man o' man o' man o' man! GOrgeous!

Keep writing, keep clicking! :wub:

First off, thanks to all for your kudos and complements. The car is more than I expected, and I sincerely hope that the time goes quickly for those who are waiting to get their cars converted.

I have posted some new pictures in my first posting, and have added some in this post too. I tried to have all of the pictures within one posting, but I recieved and error message that I exceeded the amount of pictures allowed within one post.

th_030908009.jpg

Gage pod, dash plaque, armrest pad, L.E.D CHMSL on light bar.

th_030908015.jpg

Headrest pads, armrest pad, light bar.

th_030908016.jpg

Door sill trim plate with SN.

th_030908012.jpg

3/4 view

th_030908010.jpg

Quite a few drivers move to the right when they see this image in their rear view mirrors.

th_030908013.jpg

Front brake and side logo.

th_030908005.jpg

Different view of caliper.

th_030908026.jpg

Taking a moment or two next to Mullholland Hwy in Malibu CA.

First off, thanks to all for your kudos and complements. The car is more than I expected, and I sincerely hope that the time goes quickly for those who are waiting to get their cars converted.

I have posted some new pictures in my first posting, and have added some in this post too. I tried to have all of the pictures within one posting, but I recieved and error message that I exceeded the amount of pictures allowed within one post.

Beautiful, thanks for sharing. Must be hard to park it.

I thought there was a new shifter, that looked like the Hurst. Was that just on the prototype?

I hope it's an optical illusion from the camera, but your driver's side badge looks crooked. Looks a little lower in the front. I hope I'm wrong.

Your car is awesome. I took the recycling to the depot today, and missed my turn twice, thinking about your car. I saw the earlier pics before I left... :doh:

Congratulations Mate.

I cant imagine a better day than cruising those LA roads in a Super Snake Convertible.

Well done, she looks beautiful.

At least you dont have fixed speed cameras over all the highways like we do down under.

(Dont worry, there is still some nice open roads to hit.)

Enjoy

Archived