TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GRABBER ORANGE SUPER SNAKE VERT!!!

Here's a few more. Commentary and more photos will follow....

th_IMG_0216.jpg

Close up of door sill plate.

th_030908006.jpg

Close up of grille snake. 40th Anniversary grille snake is an option for 2007 Super Snakes. Side logos remain Super Snake logos.

th_030908020.jpg

3/4 from the rear.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Beautiful, thanks for sharing. Must be hard to park it.

I thought there was a new shifter, that looked like the Hurst. Was that just on the prototype?

I hope it's an optical illusion from the camera, but your driver's side badge looks crooked. Looks a little lower in the front. I hope I'm wrong.

Your car is awesome. I took the recycling to the depot today, and missed my turn twice, thinking about your car. I saw the earlier pics before I left... :doh:

The shifter is different from stock. It's the FRPP shifter that uses the stock boot and knob. Sorry that you missed your turn daydreaming, but I certainly don't belame you. I've had to pinch myself a few times since Friday. I'll do a closer inspection of that logo, but I think it's just an optical illusion.

Congratulations Mate.

I cant imagine a better day than cruising those LA roads in a Super Snake Convertible.

Well done, she looks beautiful.

At least you dont have fixed speed cameras over all the highways like we do down under.

(Dont worry, there is still some nice open roads to hit.)

Enjoy

Thanks Mate! She's a beaut for sure, Fair Dinkem, right? I'm having a wonderful time driving her, and the weather could not be better right now!!!

Are you taking the car to knotts Berry Farm show??

Yes Doc, it will be there!

SoG, were you one of the 10 verts called in late Dec?

Yes I was.

Thanks for all the pics E. That is one AWESOME car.

michael morris

Congrats Son

It Looks Great

Enjoy,

Alan

Thank you Michael, thank you Alan. I wish that you all could take the car around the block just so you can see how great the car really is. FRPP, SVT, and SAI really did their homework on putting the components together for this package.

The words that I express here are really inadquate to describe how I feel about the car's performance. The handling and ride alone will take a few paragraphs. I only wish that I could install the same suspension components onto my SGTSC without disturbing the original assembly configuration of the car as it came from SAI; the stuff is that good.

My opinions about this stuff are like everyone elses; we all have one, but if you are waiting to get called on your SS, or if it's about to get built, I can only recommend the FRPP suspenson components for those going with 605 H.P. package, and Gary Davis would make the same recommendation too.

Like I have said before, the 725 H.P. SS is essentally a street version of the FR500 race car. The're fantastic, wonderful cars but IMO the're too much race car and less street car for my old bones. 15 or 20 years ago I would not have even listened to Gary's recomendation. I would have dug my heels in and demanded the super high performance components, but I would have made a mistake because the FRPP stuff gives you the best of both worlds; a smooth, controlled ride along with excellent handling qualties too.

More to come....

Hi E!!!!!!!!

I am glad you like ---er LOVE your car!!!!!! It really made my day when I heard the LOUD YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAA when you left the lot. I wished you could have seen and heard all of the people laughing---it was too KOOL!!!!!!

And for those of you who are waiting---it wont be too long now. We are using up to 16+ lifts now. Things have kicked into high gear!!!!

Oh E!!!! Hope you dont mind, but here is a pic for you :happy feet:

Bud

BIGE56.jpg

BIGE56.jpg

Thank you Michael, thank you Alan. I wish that you all could take the car around the block just so you can see how great the car really is. FRPP, SVT, and SAI really did their homework on putting the components together for this package.

The words that I express here are really inadquate to describe how I feel about the car's performance. The handling and ride alone will take a few paragraphs. I only wish that I could install the same suspension components onto my SGTSC without disturbing the original assembly configuration of the car as it came from SAI; the stuff is that good.

My opinions about this stuff are like everyone elses; we all have one, but if you are waiting to get called on your SS, or if it's about to get built, I can only recommend the FRPP suspenson components for those going with 605 H.P. package, and Gary Davis would make the same recommendation too.

Like I have said before, the 725 H.P. SS is essentally a street version of the FR500 race car. The're fantastic, wonderful cars but IMO the're too much race car and less street car for my old bones. 15 or 20 years ago I would not have even listened to Gary's recomendation. I would have dug my heels in and demanded the super high performance components, but I would have made a mistake because the FRPP stuff gives you the best of both worlds; a smooth, controlled ride along with excellent handling qualties too.

More to come....

Just awesome! Glad to hear your happy with your choice of parts.

I can't wait to hear more about all aspects of the car.

Hi E!!!!!!!!

I am glad you like ---er LOVE your car!!!!!! It really made my day when I heard the LOUD YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAA when you left the lot. I wished you could have seen and heard all of the people laughing---it was too KOOL!!!!!!

And for those of you who are waiting---it wont be too long now. We are using up to 16+ lifts now. Things have kicked into high gear!!!!

Bud

That guy coming out of the hood: is that his headers? :hysterical2:

Photoshop baby. And erase the van while you're at it. Still, it takes your breath away. Nice shot Bud!

post-8260-1205112308_thumb.jpg

Hi E!!!!!!!!

Bud

post-8260-1205112308_thumb.jpg

I do not mind one bit my friend! As I have already expressed to you privately, I can't thank you enough for all of your efforts as well as the efforts of all of your team members in the Mod shop for doing such an excellent job assembling my car.

Thank you very, very much.

First off, thanks to all for your kudos and complements. The car is more than I expected, and I sincerely hope that the time goes quickly for those who are waiting to get their cars converted.

I have posted some new pictures in my first posting, and have added some in this post too. I tried to have all of the pictures within one posting, but I recieved and error message that I exceeded the amount of pictures allowed within one post.

th_030908009.jpg

Gage pod, dash plaque, armrest pad, L.E.D CHMSL on light bar.

th_030908015.jpg

Headrest pads, armrest pad, light bar.

th_030908016.jpg

Door sill trim plate with SN.

th_030908012.jpg

3/4 view

th_030908010.jpg

Quite a few drivers have moved to the right when they saw this image come up in their rear view mirror.

th_030908013.jpg

Front brake and side logo.

th_030908005.jpg

Different view of caliper.

th_030908026.jpg

Taking a moment or two next to Mullholland Hwy in Malibu CA.

Is there a problem with the head rest covers- the color looks different and the seams dont appear to be aligned. Is it the photograph or do they look a little off.

Is there a problem with the head rest covers- the color looks different and the seams dont appear to be aligned. Is it the photograph or do they look a little off.

You have a very good eye. Yes, the seams are a little wrinkled and the materal is slightly darker than the seat color; I noticed both taking that particular photo. I suspect that the wrinkling will go away after awhile, and the color difference is really not as pronounced as it appears in the photos and is still a close enough match to be acceptable (to me anyway).

You have a very good eye. Yes, the seams are a little wrinkled and the materal is slightly darker than the seat color; I noticed both taking that particular photo. I suspect that the wrinkling will go away after awhile, and the color difference is really not as pronounced as it appears in the photos and is still a close enough match to be acceptable (to me anyway).

Thank -you - the car really looks terrific I cant wait to get mine done , Seeing yours only makes the waiting harder. Enjoy

More to come....

Couple of quick questions for you...

First and foremost, that car is an absolute thing of beauty! I am WAY down the list (08SS247) and will have to wait patiently but Bud has given me some encouragement with his post.

One of my concerns with the upgrade was if the wheel hop was going to be eliminated as there are no control arm upgrades in the SS package. Were your LCA's upgraded prior to sending it to SAI or were they left stock? Have you experienced any wheel hop since receiving the car? I see that SAI is releasing some cool control arms later this spring and am wondering whether to put them on the car prior to shipping to SAI. Any insight you could give would be greatly appreciated.

I have a coupe and am also going with the 605 HP version as I think 725 HP would be too much, for me at least. I want to live to see my kids grow up.

Thanks in advance SGT.

Congratulations. She's a looker for sure. I do like the reflection off the wheels from the calipers. Looken at your car is driven the antisipation level up a few notches.

Would you take a couple pic or two of the rearend? Would like to see what the panhard bar setup looks like underneath.

Live to drive & drive to have fun. :happy feet:

JimC

Couple of quick questions for you...

First and foremost, that car is an absolute thing of beauty! I am WAY down the list (08SS247) and will have to wait patiently but Bud has given me some encouragement with his post.

One of my concerns with the upgrade was if the wheel hop was going to be eliminated as there are no control arm upgrades in the SS package. Were your LCA's upgraded prior to sending it to SAI or were they left stock? Have you experienced any wheel hop since receiving the car? I see that SAI is releasing some cool control arms later this spring and am wondering whether to put them on the car prior to shipping to SAI. Any insight you could give would be greatly appreciated.

I have a coupe and am also going with the 605 HP version as I think 725 HP would be too much, for me at least. I want to live to see my kids grow up.

Thanks in advance SGT.

No, my LCA's were/are stock, but even though they are, the wheel hop is significantly less if not eliminated completely. I say that because from the first time I lit the tires up coming out of SAI's parking lot up until today, out of a dozen or so hard accelerations, I only detected slight wheel hop only once, and I believe that occured because the road was a bit choppy where I was doing the burn out.

Other owners here have also posted either complete elemination or a significant reduction of the dreaded wheel hop by just changing the rear springs and getting the car's rear end down lower. Regardless, I still plan to add the Shelby LCA's and UCA's when they come out next month or shortly there after, as they can only make the rear suspension work that much better.

You will not be left wanting with the 605 package. Believe me, with 605 H.P. it's hard enough to keep the tires planted as it is; and that being the case, I would have to assume that the 725 H.P package would require the use of street slicks in order to get the car hooked up under hard acceleration. That's one of the reasons that the 725 H.P. package is only offered with the Shelby/Eibach suspenson because it's a much stiffer set up than the FRPP system is; and stiffer suspension is what's necessary to handle the massive torque that the KB blower generates as well as to keep the rear end planted down under acceleration.

Congratulations. She's a looker for sure. I do like the reflection off the wheels from the calipers. Looken at your car is driven the antisipation level up a few notches.

Would you take a couple pic or two of the rearend? Would like to see what the panhard bar setup looks like underneath.

Live to drive & drive to have fun. :happy feet:

JimC

Thanks Jim!

Yes, I will post pics of the differental. I'll get under there tomorrow afternoon and snap a few. Stay tuned to this forum to see the pictures tomorrow evening.

More to come....

Son of GT,

You lucky b.. Your car is beautiful and the right color of course. Congrats from the only Dutch Grabber GT500.

GT

First of all the car looks awesome!!!!! I love it and can't wait to get mine done!!!

But...

I'm a little disappointed that SAI didn't fix this issue. They have known about this since the prototypes.

I was hoping they would correct this and other minor issues.

How does the gauge pod look? Is it aligned properly does it look finished and clean? This was another issue I was hoping was fixed.

Thanks and Enjoy!!!

GT

First of all the car looks awesome!!!!! I love it and can't wait to get mine done!!!

But...

I'm a little disappointed that SAI didn't fix this issue. They have known about this since the prototypes.

I was hoping they would correct this and other minor issues.

How does the gauge pod look? Is it aligned properly does it look finished and clean? This was another issue I was hoping was fixed.

Thanks and Enjoy!!!

Thanks for the kudos!

Yes, I honestly can't sit here and disagree with you that the QC on the headrest pad covers could/should be better, but I also have to be pragmatic about the flaw too. In the overall scheme of the car, if the headrest pads are the only real flaw that I can identify, then for now the're acceptable. If the flaw still exsists as more people recieve their cars, then perhaps a recall/change may occur then, but right now I don't think things will change yet; meaning that SAI has a butt load of these pads and that's what's going on the car (my comment, not theirs).

The gage pod? All good. From the texture of the housing, to the fit on the dash, all is good. I of course wish that the gages could change colors like the factory gages do, but that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Your car looks great and you sound extremely happy with it. I am just curious what you did with the old parts and why?

SAI still has my take off parts sitting on a palette. I will return there and pick everything up, but I don't intend to retain every item that was taken off of the car.

Blower: Keep

Hood: Keep

Brenbos: Keep

Most of the other items will be recycled to friends that might be interested in installing the parts onto their Mustang GT's.

Otherwise, the car will now and forever be a Super Snake, so I don't see the need to retain parts that I did not mention above. Except for the stock hood, I'm only keeping the listed parts for their potental future value, if there is any future value for them.

E,

look into colored mini-light bulbs as a replacement if you not happy with the current color...just a thought ;)

Thank you sir, good plan! I'll look into that.

Congratulations on your car, it looks great!

Just one other minor detail besides the headrest is to tape off the scoop intake on the hood and spray some black in there to finish it off. In the picture it was noticable but maybe at a show with the hood up you can't see it.

Enjoy!

Archived