TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ADM on 08 Bullit

sudden

Just looked at a Mcqueen special. Not as nice as the SGT. Kind of a wanna-be SGT. An ADM of 5gs was added making the price 36 grand. You can get an SGT for about that much and its a SHELBY! One problem, no SGTs, all sold out and thats it. No 07s or 08s . All gone! Had a GT500 for some rediculous ADM just sitting. SUDDEN. :headscratch:

Yes it is crazy. A ford Dealer by my shop wanted $46,000 for a Bullitt. They have the ADM, Paint Protection package and Window etching included. When you look at a Bullitt theres just nothing special about it except the Dark Highland Green color.They also have two GT500's for $70,000. They just dont get that the wonderful economy is not going to get them ADM even for the rich folks.

There is a dealer in Levittown NY with 3 GT 500s they are new 07 and 08s he has ADM stickers on them of $30000. I hope the price on them drops like a stone so he loses his shorts but I dont want the good people on this forum that own them to get killed on thiers.

There is a dealer in Levittown NY with 3 GT 500s they are new 07 and 08s he has ADM stickers on them of $30000. I hope the price on them drops like a stone so he loses his shorts but I dont want the good people on this forum that own them to get killed on thiers.

those places dont sound like dealerships, they sound like car collectors, cause at those prices, those cars arent going anywhere. :hysterical2:

The '08 Bullitts are nice,but ADM on these cars are absurd...

Jordan Ford in San Antonio TX,,,is selling new Bullitts for 2.9% over invoice..I know i had an order placed with them back in the first part on Jan...

Test drove both at a local dealer and fell in love with the SGT...which now sits in my garage...(cancelled the order for the Bullitt)..

Bullitt is a nice car and a tribute to the movie,but not really anything special,that warrant a ADM on them..These dealers will wake up some day..after the cars are sitting unsold...

There are 2 ford dealerships about 4 miles away from my house in each direction. They have about 6 buillit cars between them both. They are all MSRP tagged with no ADM's and they haven't sold a single one. The Green one looks the best to me and while it is no Shelby it is pretty cool to see in person. The dealerships keep trying to get me to buy it, I then tell them no thanks I drive a Shelby and then they go away.

Dealer where I picked up my SGT has one for $4k over and will not budge. GT500's go for $15k over there as do SGT's...Thank God for the military purchase program or I would not have got one for the absurd ADM. Oh and they have advertised a "One of a kind GT500KR" in the paper the last two weekends from the same dealer... went to the lot and asked about it when I picked up my SGT and was told "it is on its way"....

A couple of hardhead dealers in my area trying for adm, was told they will shoot for whatever the market will bear. The dealer I bought my GT500 vert and Silverado truck from told me they would give me a sweet deal at 2k over...ya right...msrp at an old time small dealer which also sold their first Challenger at msrp...still some good ones left but not many!

Bullitt is a good car for the money.I bought mine at MSRP without a problem.It's all in what you like.Truth be told none of these cars are worth an ADM,Honestly they are barely worth MSRP.

Don't pay any ADMs. I just bought an SGT Conv here in Atlanta and paid $500 UNDER dealer invoice -- NOT MSRP. I just sat back and sent about 6 Internet Quote requests to several dealers in the Atlanta metro area. I figured out by looking on the Ford Website that if you look at dealership inventory and view the window sticker of each Mustang GT (in my case Convertible), then you look for the Upfitters package that has the Rear Spoiler Delete. That is a good indication that it is a SGT.

Hunting the Convertible was easy since not many dealers aim to have convertibles sitting on the lots in Winter time -- even in Atlanta. I just waited until they replied and then let them chase me and let them know that I was talking with the others. Some had them on their lot, while others were expecting delivery any day as they had been out to SAI for upfitting. I had my eye on one in particular because it was maxed out on options including NAV, HID, Heated seats, Cloth top, Ambient, Interior Upgrade Pkg, etc. Just the MSRP on the base Mustang GT conv package was $39k. They sold it to me for $36,167 (invoice) plus $10,300 Shelby equipment, plus $499 doc fee...ooops, they forgot the $1,000 Gas Guzzler Charge. According to my math, that is $501 BELOW Dealer Invoice. I have access to X-Plan, so I was able to double check the numbers before I bought.

When they put it in writing to me (email), I called the dealer and said "Get that Shelby ready today, and I'll be up there tonight to pick her up!!"

As nice as they were, I'd gladly purchase from them again in a heart beat.

The '08 Bullitts are nice,but ADM on these cars are absurd...

Jordan Ford in San Antonio TX,,,is selling new Bullitts for 2.9% over invoice..I know i had an order placed with them back in the first part on Jan...

Test drove both at a local dealer and fell in love with the SGT...which now sits in my garage...(cancelled the order for the Bullitt)..

Bullitt is a nice car and a tribute to the movie,but not really anything special,that warrant a ADM on them..These dealers will wake up some day..after the cars are sitting unsold...

Some, like my local dealer woke up too late when the doors were closed perminant.............

I'm not sure that I would pay ADM for the Bullitt. Although I like it, given the choice between the two, I would purchase a Shelby GT instead. ADM on this one is probably due to the fact that production is supposed to be limited to 7,700.

I'm not sure that I would pay ADM for the Bullitt. Although I like it, given the choice between the two, I would purchase a Shelby GT instead. ADM on this one is probably due to the fact that production is supposed to be limited to 7,700.

Word on the street is that the order bank closes soon and they will not produce the 7,700 total.If they are smart they won't produce any more than the public will buy.Look at the 07 Shelby GT,There are still a bunch of them out there for sale.Shame too,because it truly is a great car.

I can honestly say that if my finances were in a little better order and the prices were a little lower,I would be in an 08 Shelby GT right now.But at 31,900 the Bullitt is a better deal.Not that I don't like it.Sometimes you have to get what you can afford and be happy!I am.This car will get me through till I can swing some mods or a GT500KR.LOL!

The Bullitt is a nice car. I like the clean understated look. Guess i have been spoiled by getting A/Z plan most of my life. I won't pay sticker for a car, much less over sticker. If i can't buy it on A/Z plan i won't buy it. There's no car out there i want so bad that i will bend over for. Thats why i didn't buy a GT500. In the end though, i guess it's worth what someone is willing to pay.

Don't pay any ADMs. I just bought an SGT Conv here in Atlanta and paid $500 UNDER dealer invoice -- NOT MSRP. I just sat back and sent about 6 Internet Quote requests to several dealers in the Atlanta metro area. I figured out by looking on the Ford Website that if you look at dealership inventory and view the window sticker of each Mustang GT (in my case Convertible), then you look for the Upfitters package that has the Rear Spoiler Delete. That is a good indication that it is a SGT.

Hunting the Convertible was easy since not many dealers aim to have convertibles sitting on the lots in Winter time -- even in Atlanta. I just waited until they replied and then let them chase me and let them know that I was talking with the others. Some had them on their lot, while others were expecting delivery any day as they had been out to SAI for upfitting. I had my eye on one in particular because it was maxed out on options including NAV, HID, Heated seats, Cloth top, Ambient, Interior Upgrade Pkg, etc. Just the MSRP on the base Mustang GT conv package was $39k. They sold it to me for $36,167 (invoice) plus $10,300 Shelby equipment, plus $499 doc fee...ooops, they forgot the $1,000 Gas Guzzler Charge. According to my math, that is $501 BELOW Dealer Invoice. I have access to X-Plan, so I was able to double check the numbers before I bought.

When they put it in writing to me (email), I called the dealer and said "Get that Shelby ready today, and I'll be up there tonight to pick her up!!"

As nice as they were, I'd gladly purchase from them again in a heart beat.

They didn't forget to charge the $1,000 GGT. That is in INCLUDED in the $10,390 dealer cost.

SAI is $9,390 + $1,000 GGT = $10,390 total dealer cost.

If we could legally charge $499 doc fees we could sell vehicles at $500 below invoice all day long. But we are regulated to low amounts we can charge for doc fees.

In some states they can charge high doc fees and add prep fees which after figuring those fees in people pay more than what they could have paid somewhere else.

So if a dealer has a $500 doc fee, and a $300 prep fee, and they sell the vehicle for $500 below invoice, you really paid $300 over invoice after adding the garbage fees back in.

So which is better, the dealer selling at invoice or $100 - $200 over and doesn't charge garbage fees or the dealer offering $500 below invoice plus $100's in garbage fees?

In your case, you still got a excellent deal. Even with $499 doc fee.

I have two Bullitts available. Both at MSRP. Your choice!

One is in stock, the other one is sitting in Flat Rock waiting shipment with an ETA 3/25/08

The one in stock has an MSRP $34,000

The one coming in has an MSRP $32,460

Here are the details:

Price Information MSRP

STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $27,260

Key Standard Equipment

ORDER CODE 140A-PREM GT COU

GT REAR DECKLID SPOILER

AM/FM STEREO/6-CD IN DASH/M

17" PREMIUM PAINTED CAST AL

SHAKER 500 AUDIO SYSTEM

ANTI-LOCK BRAKES

POWER 6-WAY DRIVER'S SEAT

Optional Equipment

2008 MODEL YEAR

HIGHLAND GREEN CLEARCOAT

DARK CHARCOAL LEATHER

.4.6L 3V OHC V8 ENGINE

.5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION

235/50/ZR18 TIRE

JOB #2 ORDER

GUN METAL OVER ALUMINUM PANEL

REAR SPOILER DELETE

ACTIVE ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM 325

WHEEL LOCKING KIT 50

50 STATE EMISSIONS

SIRIUS SAT RADIO W/6 MOS SVC 195

HID HEADLAMPS 525

BULLITT PACKAGE 3,310

.BULLITT INTERIOR PACKAGE

.3.73 RATIO LIMITED SLIP AXLE

.18" BULLITT WHEEL

.PACKED EXHAUST TIPS

SHAKER 1000 AUDIO SYSTEM 1,295

PONY CENTER CAP

AMBIENT LIGHTING 295

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS 33,255

DESTINATION & DELIVERY 745

TOTAL MSRP $34,000

========================================

Second one coming in:

Price Information MSRP

STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $27,260

Key Standard Equipment

ORDER CODE 140A-PREM GT COU

GT REAR DECKLID SPOILER

AM/FM STEREO/6-CD IN DASH/M

17" PREMIUM PAINTED CAST AL

SHAKER 500 AUDIO SYSTEM

ANTI-LOCK BRAKES

POWER 6-WAY DRIVER'S SEAT

Optional Equipment

2008 MODEL YEAR

HIGHLAND GREEN CLEARCOAT

DARK CHARCOAL LEATHER

.4.6L 3V OHC V8 ENGINE

.5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION

235/50/ZR18 TIRE

JOB #2 ORDER

GUN METAL OVER ALUMINUM PANEL

REAR SPOILER DELETE

ACTIVE ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM 325

50 STATE EMISSIONS

HID HEADLAMPS 525

BULLITT PACKAGE 3,310

.BULLITT INTERIOR PACKAGE

.3.73 RATIO LIMITED SLIP AXLE

.18" BULLITT WHEEL

.PACKED EXHAUST TIPS

PONY CENTER CAP

AMBIENT LIGHTING 295

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS 31,715

DESTINATION & DELIVERY 745

TOTAL MSRP $32,460

====================================

Will sell each of the two at MSRP.

Location is Central Illinois

They didn't forget to charge the $1,000 GGT. That is in INCLUDED in the $10,390 dealer cost.

SAI is $9,390 + $1,000 GGT = $10,390 total dealer cost.

If we could legally charge $499 doc fees we could sell vehicles at $500 below invoice all day long. But we are regulated to low amounts we can charge for doc fees.

In some states they can charge high doc fees and add prep fees which after figuring those fees in people pay more than what they could have paid somewhere else.

So if a dealer has a $500 doc fee, and a $300 prep fee, and they sell the vehicle for $500 below invoice, you really paid $300 over invoice after adding the garbage fees back in.

So which is better, the dealer selling at invoice or $100 - $200 over and doesn't charge garbage fees or the dealer offering $500 below invoice plus $100's in garbage fees?

In your case, you still got a excellent deal. Even with $499 doc fee.

Now that makes sense...I couldn't figure out how they would miss the $1000 GGT. I tried to get the $500 doc fees down, but they were still the lowest price in town by a LOT and also with every single option that I wanted.

These cars are a lot of money, but I enjoy every second that I drive it. I just hope the weather is good enough tomorrow for me to take it out...."Honey, do you have any errands you need me to do?....Yes, I'm feeling fine, I just thought I would help you out today...." It never works, the wife sees right through it just about the time I racing one of my kids to the door to see who is first in the Shelby!!

Today was also my son's 5th birthday and Spiderman came to visit. In the middle of the party, he stops Spiderman in mid sentence to tell him about his Dad's Shelby Convertible. They whole crowd of parents started to laugh...the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree!

I agree on the Bullit issue...I get the marketing concept, but I'd never buy one when a Shelby is sitting on the floor.

Right now the cars are realistically priced the same (07 Shelby GT- going fast but still can be found). In equal equipment (no nav, no stupid looking HID lights-these cars are retro, no sirrus radio bubble screwin g up the car lines) the Bullitt is about 32k and the 07 Shelby about 37k if the dealer really wants it gone. If your financing the Shelby has 0% interest for 60 mo via Ford Finance vs the Bullitt at Credit Union rates of 5.49% for 60 months...total payout over the life of the loans is about a wash.

Bang for the buck--hands down...Bullitt. It came last so Ford gave it extra stuff to distinguish it...has better stuff (3.73 with stronger rearend parts, GT 500 seats, GT 500 steering wheel, cold air intake system setup that seals)... except the Suspension but thats a $1300 + 200 install fix, throw in another $250 for a short throw and the Bullitt matches the Shelby and then some. In terms of performance the two are equal enough that the driver makes the difference at either the drap strip or twisties.

The Shelby...well, its a Shelby, a real Shelby put together by SAI.. Its a freakin SHELBY.

One has a quiet sedated look but a very strong tie in to a coooll movie scene and the other ..a more over the top look (ie stands out in a crowd) and the obvious tie to Shelby. Impossible to say one is better then the other...depends on what your looking for.

Right now the cars are realistically priced the same (07 Shelby GT- going fast but still can be found). In equal equipment (no nav, no stupid looking HID lights-these cars are retro, no sirrus radio bubble screwin g up the car lines) the Bullitt is about 32k and the 07 Shelby about 37k if the dealer really wants it gone. If your financing the Shelby has 0% interest for 60 mo via Ford Finance vs the Bullitt at Credit Union rates of 5.49% for 60 months...total payout over the life of the loans is about a wash.

Bang for the buck--hands down...Bullitt. It came last so Ford gave it extra stuff to distinguish it...has better stuff (3.73 with stronger rearend parts, GT 500 seats, GT 500 steering wheel, cold air intake system setup that seals)... except the Suspension but thats a $1300 + 200 install fix, throw in another $250 for a short throw and the Bullitt matches the Shelby and then some. In terms of performance the two are equal enough that the driver makes the difference at either the drap strip or twisties.

The Shelby...well, its a Shelby, a real Shelby put together by SAI.. Its a freakin SHELBY.

One has a quiet sedated look but a very strong tie in to a coooll movie scene and the other ..a more over the top look (ie stands out in a crowd) and the obvious tie to Shelby. Impossible to say one is better then the other...depends on what your looking for.

Correction. The SGT has 0.90% for 60 months. You can 0% for 48 months.

Archived