TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1968 shelby hood pins 00883

i have a 68 gt500 #00883 that i have had sience 1976 with 67 style of hood pin instead fo the turn and lock pin. has any one ever seen another one like this in 68. i have worked in a body shop for over 15 years and am quite sure that the hood has never been re worked. i am thinking of selling the car but have never been able to get a good answer as to why the hood has this style of pin. any help??????

i have a 68 gt500 #00883 that i have had sience 1976 with 67 style of hood pin instead fo the turn and lock pin. has any one ever seen another one like this in 68. i have worked in a body shop for over 15 years and am quite sure that the hood has never been re worked. i am thinking of selling the car but have never been able to get a good answer as to why the hood has this style of pin. any help??????

My 68, bought in 1972 from the original owner also had the removable pins.

post-8280-1204980069_thumb.jpg

I don`t recall ever reading anything in the registry that the 68` `s had been produced with 67` hood pins .These could have easly been replaced by removing the turn style & replaced with pin. Iwould say in both cases that these have been replaced at sometime or other. OMO

I don`t recall ever reading anything in the registry that the 68` `s had been produced with 67` hood pins .These could have easly been replaced by removing the turn style & replaced with pin. Iwould say in both cases that these have been replaced at sometime or other. OMO

Back in the 60s there were a lot of issues with parts being stolen off cars on dealer lots. I know at least one dealer (Northwestern) that would but on the 67 style pins and put small padlocks through the pin holes.

Archived