TEAM SHELBY FORUM

for sale

jbk664

I was wondering if anyone could give me any info on how much the lancers or any other of the dodge shelbys are worth.

That depends on a lot of things... if a Shelby Lancer, first of all, what kind of shape is it in such as miles, body condition, paint. Are all Shelby items in tact (dash plaque, valve cover, steering wheel with horn button, center caps, CSS rims, rear deck lid medallion). Also, is it cloth/5 spd or leather/auto. Does it have the pioneer CD player?

If it is a Dodge Lancer Shelby, color scheme and interior quality, 5 spd or auto, body condition and mileage.

Hope this helps.

I was wondering if anyone could give me any info on how much the lancers or any other of the dodge shelbys are worth.

As Billy already mentioned we will need more info on the car to give you an accurate price range. Shelby Dodges can sell anywhere from $500 to $15k It just depends on if all the unique Shelby parts are still there and if the car needs to be restored or not.

Feel free to post more details or to ask any questions. We're a friendly little group here and will do what we can to help you out.

Steve

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Yep, details, and pics too.

Here is one,

1987 Shelby Lancer W/leather and 5 speed

The car is #723 and it still has the dash plaque, and all the other Shelby specific components intact including the CD Player.

-Clear title.

-With exception of a boost gage velcroed to the steering column, it doesn't appear to ever have been modified.

-Windshield cracked.

-Interior needs love. The front seats are fair, the steering wheel is poor. Carpet has a small wear hole in it in frt dr side. Other than that, everything seems to be there and intact. All power windows go up and down (typical Chrysler slow on the up direction, but they do work.)

-If you see the zoomed-in pics under the car you can see the rusted area in the rear spare tire well isn’t too bad. The front dr floor needs to be correctly patched.

-The hatch is rusty, but he has a rust free one that goes with the car.

-There are a few small bubbles around the rear wheel lips.

-The rear pass door was dented and the 2nd previous owner got creative with the bondo. I don’t know how deep the dent was, but he is including a rust free door with the car.

-136k miles.

-Motor runs and idles fine, but the car has been off the road for at least a year, and it could use a good tune up. he has been driving it locally for the last week and put about 20 miles on it with no problems, but I'm not going to take it on any road trips before going over it top to bottom.

more pictures in the next post.

post-21774-1217309999.jpg

post-21774-1217310013.jpg

post-21774-1217309999.jpg

post-21774-1217310013.jpg

OIFhell -

I am not a Dodge Shelby expert, but I am a fan of them and I am very familar with rusty old cars. This one has a lot of rust. If there was enough rust to eat through the driver's floor pan and the spare tire well, there is more rust damage that will need attention. I know these cars are hard to find, but I would spend your time and money on a better car.

Honestly, the amount of rust was making me a bit concerned. One of the reasons I was interested in this car specificly was because it's a 5 speed, but has leather. And I was under the impression that only the automatic cars had leather. But that's probably wrong.

I've lived in Michigan my entire life, so I'm no stranger to rust repair, hell I do most of the cutting and patching myself. The only problem is I'm in Kuwait and will be having the work done for me so the car would be ready by the time I got home.

Maybe your right and I need to find a rust free car. My main concern there is... will it be complete and correct? Who knows....

• 3 weeks later...
Honestly, the amount of rust was making me a bit concerned. One of the reasons I was interested in this car specificly was because it's a 5 speed, but has leather. And I was under the impression that only the automatic cars had leather. But that's probably wrong.

I've lived in Michigan my entire life, so I'm no stranger to rust repair, hell I do most of the cutting and patching myself. The only problem is I'm in Kuwait and will be having the work done for me so the car would be ready by the time I got home.

Maybe your right and I need to find a rust free car. My main concern there is... will it be complete and correct? Who knows....

OIFhell

Being in SoCal any hint of rust scares me because we just don't have to deal with it. This car seems to have a lot of rust but for a 21 year old Michigan car some might say its hardly has any rust.

Personally I would pass on this car because of the rust. You can probably find a Lancer on the west coast with no rust and have it shipped to Michigan for less than what it would cost to have this cars rust repaired.

Keep your eyes open on ebay and Craigs list for a west coast Lancer. When you find one I'm sure one of us will be able to check it out for you.

Steve

Archived