TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT-H Convertible in Europe

A few days ago GT-H vert #487 did arrive in Vienna. It was a long way to bring her to Austria but it was worth everything. The car is fitted with some extras which makes her very special.

As I already have a Coupe in my garage which will stay very original I decided to upgrade the engine, the brakes and the wheels. All upgrades where made by Shelby in Las Vegas. Because the car is still brand new I did not push her really hard so I cannot talk about the real power but the first impression is that the Paxton Supercharger makes a hell of a difference to the Coupe! The black Shelby Razors 20’’ in combination with the Shelby brakes just look fantastic. Last but not least the shifting is manual which makes her a really great sports car. :shift:

When my kids saw the car for the first time they loved her more than the coupe. And when my son saw the “Boost Gauge” immediately he asked for the nitro. Maybe the next car will be equipped with this.

We still have winter here and there is too much salt and gravel on the roads to make a real long trip but later on this year I can post more about the performance.

Like the Coupe the Convertible will be on display at several car shows and will be used to promote the normal Ford Mustang Convertible which we will offer to rent in Austria this year.

That is really cool. Thanks for sharing! I posted a question to Amy to see if we can get an official response on how many 06 coupes and 07 converts were made with a manual trans. I assume that these only went directly to special folks like yourself and were not rentals. Congrats on your two beautiful cars. That must be really special having those there.

• 4 months later...

The party is on: The convertible is road registered and the summer is great. As some say: The better kills the good! I really like the look of the convertible with the wheels and the center gauge cluster – it makes just so much difference. The shifting is very good, even if you are used to European sport cars. The engine is great so at the end of the day I always use the convertible instead of the coupe.

The Paxton has a great sound and a lot of power. Maybe not the 460 HP but it is strong enough to give it a really kick. The behaviour of the engine is totally different to the coupe without SC: Much less power in the beginning but when it comes to 5000 rmp: Whow!!!

The only bad thing (next to rusty hood pins) is the very, very soft chassis & suspension control. This is something I have to think about if, how and where to change. If you drive 120+ mph you get all kind of feelings in the drivers seat.

I presented the car on some small car shows and use it on nice weekends so I already have ~ 3.500 miles on it. But surely there are more to come.

Hopefully tomorrow …

post-19110-1216774690.jpg

post-19110-1216774690.jpg

Awesome, there are some fun days ahead for you and your family!!! I'd love to drive some of the roads there

I wrote in the GT-H subforum under "Shelby GT-H in Europe" (Page 3 or 4) about driving the Coupe when it arrived in Europe. Mayby you read this, multiply it with a S/C and an open roof and then ...

... it is fun to drive them both!!! :shift::shift::shift::drool:

Very NICE! Where did you get that hat????? I want one-

I bought it at the Shelby Shop at the factory in Vegas together with two different kinds of T-Shirts. But as always with this special stuff: I bought 10 peaces each to make sure I will have at least one forever ;)

• 7 months later...
I bought it at the Shelby Shop at the factory in Vegas together with two different kinds of T-Shirts. But as always with this special stuff: I bought 10 peaces each to make sure I will have at least one forever ;)

Hey 485!

Congrats on your babies.

Hope you didn't sell the vert.

There's a guy in the Netherlands saying he owns the only Vert in Europe. Maybe he doesn't know about yours.

Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJA3Ip0seD8...re=channel_page

Great story of yours driving from Germany to Vienna. That was quite an adventure! :banvictory:

Good luck with your rides. :shift:

Archived