TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Minnesota Area Gathering?

TClark1976

I am not sure how I missed this thread but, I did :headscratch: I have been working with the Northwoods Shelby club and Team Shelby to put together a large event in Wisconsin that will rival any other event out there. As of now, August 8th is the 2nd annual Northwoods Shelby Car show at Road America. We choose this because Northwoods already had the track and, if you havent been there, RA is the premier track in the area nestled in the glacier trail area of beautiful rolling hills and valleys and a very rich history of events and drivers. We also thought this would be a good area, close enough for the folks in Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Iowa and the Dakotas. It also allows you to track your car if you so choose at a cost or maybe just hitch a ride on track.

As a group, its time to start organizing and doing other events as well. I saw several excellent events metioned above and, I have have been to several in Illinios and Minnesota that were excellent. Hope to see you all very soon at one of these events. I hope you can all make RA and together, we can put the Mid-West on the map big time

I have few dates of car shows taking place in MN this summer. I don't know where you guys live so, I'll just post the towns and if anyone is interest I can provide some details.

All towns are located in MN.

Farmington

Climax

Roseau

Warrroad

St. Paul State Fairgrounds (2)

Ada

Warren

Moorhead

Bemidji

Thief River Falls

Fergus Falls

Park Rapids

Karlstad

Crookston

Brooks

Lake Park

Hi could you post the dates for all the shows as well. Farmington is about 15 miles from me and Saint Paul is about 30 miles from me.

I think I am going to make the Northwoods Shelby club event in Wisc but the Oshkosh Air Adventure is the week of July 27th to August 2nd, so I will have to figure out a way to attend both events. I think Carrol Shelby attends the airshow every year.

Hi could you post the dates for all the shows as well. Farmington is about 15 miles from me and Saint Paul is about 30 miles from me.

I think I am going to make the Northwoods Shelby club event in Wisc but the Oshkosh Air Adventure is the week of July 27th to August 2nd, so I will have to figure out a way to attend both events. I think Carrol Shelby attends the airshow every year.

Glad to hear yout going to make it. Let me know if you need anything

Let's see, Farmington's dates are the 30th and 31st of May. Pre-registration is $15 and the contacts are Gary and Marigale. I will PM you on their numbers.

St. Paul: 19 to 21 June..MSRA Back to the 50's..I don't have a point of contact..only that it is held at the St. Paul fairgrounds and is restricted to 1964 and older vehicles.

17 to 19 July, it says to google Car Craft Summer Nationals for info

• 2 weeks later...
I am not sure how I missed this thread but, I did :headscratch: I have been working with the Northwoods Shelby club and Team Shelby to put together a large event in Wisconsin that will rival any other event out there. As of now, August 8th is the 2nd annual Northwoods Shelby Car show at Road America. We choose this because Northwoods already had the track and, if you havent been there, RA is the premier track in the area nestled in the glacier trail area of beautiful rolling hills and valleys and a very rich history of events and drivers. We also thought this would be a good area, close enough for the folks in Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Iowa and the Dakotas. It also allows you to track your car if you so choose at a cost or maybe just hitch a ride on track.

As a group, its time to start organizing and doing other events as well. I saw several excellent events metioned above and, I have have been to several in Illinios and Minnesota that were excellent. Hope to see you all very soon at one of these events. I hope you can all make RA and together, we can put the Mid-West on the map big time

:shift: I'm in!

• 5 weeks later...

I'm so in! (I mean if I'm not already working that week - I think I leave that sunday 8/02) Even if there's a more limited gathering - I'm in. I know there are a lot of Shelby owners around where I am - they're just REALLY hard to find.

I look forward to seeing some of you soon! I know that EVERY monday night - the SVTOA Twin Cities group has a gathering in a centrally located parking lot (same parking lot every monday night) I plan to go there the first monday I'll be home - June 1st.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived