TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Minnesota Area Gathering?

TClark1976

Sorry for starting up a new topic to ask this question - BUT - I have been reviewing all the "Spring Cruise" and "Local Gathering" threads and have not seen anything that is in the Minnesota/Wisconsin area - AKA - 'Upper Midwest'.

I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for a little fun with all my new "Shelby" friends?????

:angry22: <=== How I feel right now due to the snow/salt on the roads in Minneapolis and the fact that I've only driven my SGT 3 times since the day I bought her back in November.

Trevor

I was wondering the same thing!!

Sorry for starting up a new topic to ask this question - BUT - I have been reviewing all the "Spring Cruise" and "Local Gathering" threads and have not seen anything that is in the Minnesota/Wisconsin area - AKA - 'Upper Midwest'.

I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for a little fun with all my new "Shelby" friends?????

:angry22: <=== How I feel right now due to the snow/salt on the roads in Minneapolis and the fact that I've only driven my SGT 3 times since the day I bought her back in November.

Trevor

Well - I guess that must mean that nobody has really put anything together before?? I had hoped that would be a different story.

Even just to have 4, 5 or 6 of us get together at a mall parking lot or a restaurant somewhere for dinner and then a cruise out on some country roads somewhere. . . :shift: . . . even meet up at a beach somewhere, :dance: out in the Lake Minnetonka area or somewhere in Hudson, WI for photos and a BBQ. . . . . . . . . . . I'm not talking about "Shelby GT" owners only or "GT 500" owners only. . . . . . We're all in the same family in my mind, bring them out - show them off - make some new friends - have a little fun - turn some heads. :superhero:

I've still got snow where I am - likely won't be getting my Shelby out until end of April or May when I'm home in Minneapolis.

If something isn't already in the works. . . . . . I guess this is my push for getting something started.

We need to get something going. I have been told there are at least 3 other cars in my area but I put 4K on my car from July to Nov and only saw one other car and he drove right past me while I was at a city park. In any event I will try to round the folks up in this area that have the cars and bring them with me. I will probably stop by the dealers in the area and drop off my number to have them give to the owners if possible. So if any of you get near La Crosse drop me a line or when I head out I will do the same.

Hello all! I'm also wondering where every one is. My 08 Black/Alloy GT500 is coming in this week and will not pick it up until the snow and salt has been washed off by the rain. let me know if any one is planing an get together. I'm in Rhinelander, WI. will travel to some events! When salt is gone!! Keep this post up dated and hopfully some thing will work! I'm game for getting together!! Shelby fever for ever!

Hmm. . . NoDak, Northern Wisconsin and where I am in Minneapolis. . . . . .

Might even be cool to meet up in Superior/Duluth area off Lake Superior somewhere. Goosberry falls? Something like that.

My problem is my work schedule. My work takes me away 3 weeks at a time and I'm usually only home for 1 week.

I'm going to be home the week of Sun. April 6th - then gone for another 2 weeks for work.

I'm off again for 2 weeks starting the week of April 27th. Personally, I was thinking about taking a road trip out to Las Vegas or down to Quantum Performance down in Dallas. . . . or to visit a friend out in Lake Tahoe...........

Same schedule for the month of May - Last week in may and first week in June off again. . . . . was thinking this would be the perfect 2 weeks for a 'Spring Fling' of some kind.

Sometime we've got to get together. I hope to get 'Carmen' out this first week of April when I come home from work.

Happy motoring!

Hello all! I'm also wondering where every one is. My 08 Black/Alloy GT500 is coming in this week and will not pick it up until the snow and salt has been washed off by the rain. let me know if any one is planing an get together. I'm in Rhinelander, WI. will travel to some events! When salt is gone!! Keep this post up dated and hopfully some thing will work! I'm game for getting together!! Shelby fever for ever!

You can look up svttim here. he is from the wausau area. That is the closest car to you that I know of on this board. There is a 40th car in the Fondy area but that is a bit of a drive from you and of course some in milwaukee.

As far as meeting up I would think the minneapolis/st paul area is the most centrally located but I guess we will have to see if others chime in on location.

Well - I guess that must mean that nobody has really put anything together before?? I had hoped that would be a different story.

Even just to have 4, 5 or 6 of us get together at a mall parking lot or a restaurant somewhere for dinner and then a cruise out on some country roads somewhere. . . :shift: . . . even meet up at a beach somewhere, :dance: out in the Lake Minnetonka area or somewhere in Hudson, WI for photos and a BBQ. . . . . . . . . . . I'm not talking about "Shelby GT" owners only or "GT 500" owners only. . . . . . We're all in the same family in my mind, bring them out - show them off - make some new friends - have a little fun - turn some heads. :superhero:

I've still got snow where I am - likely won't be getting my Shelby out until end of April or May when I'm home in Minneapolis.

If something isn't already in the works. . . . . . I guess this is my push for getting something started.

Hey - I'm in Anoka county as well.

Shoot me a PM if you want to get together.

My GT500 vert's still in hiding for the winter - but hopefully will be coming out soon.

Let's ride!!

You can look up svttim here. he is from the wausau area. That is the closest car to you that I know of on this board. There is a 40th car in the Fondy area but that is a bit of a drive from you and of course some in milwaukee.

As far as meeting up I would think the minneapolis/st paul area is the most centrally located but I guess we will have to see if others chime in on location.

Our 08 GT500 Black vert is here now and we are game for any meetings in the Minneapolis/ St. Paul area and looking for some events to go to! I will try to look up svttim to hook up in the wausau area! we will keep reading this post.

thanks

MAN!!! I'm jealous!!! AND at the same time remembering when I bought my SGT right off the dealership show room.

I see the snow in the background still back home in Minneapolis..........I hope that the weather is getting warmer and warmer.

GO AWAY SNOW/SALT!!! I'll be back in Minneapolis on Saturday April 5th. We'll see what the weather looks like then.

Congrats on the home coming of your GT500!

Just an idea..........May 18th and 19th there's a big car show in Wisconsin Dells, thats north of Madison about an hour for all you Il guys we could all meet there for the day or something.

Just an idea..........May 18th and 19th there's a big car show in Wisconsin Dells, thats north of Madison about an hour for all you Il guys we could all meet there for the day or something.

We will have to see about that trip. the weekend before that we have a wedding in MN. Send me the info on where it is at might be able to do a sat and over night!

HEY IF YOU GUYS WANT TO COME OVER TO MICHIGAN'S UP QR LAKE SUPERIOR AREA I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A GET TOGETHER WITH SOME SHELBY PEOPLE. KEEP UP THE POSTS SO MAYBE WE CAN ALL MEET UP FOR A DAY OR WEEKEND THIS SUMMER.

what part of the U.P. are you in?? I get up there a lot! That is always a nice drive up there along the Lake!! let me know of some events or try to help set one up!

Great idea - and I hope that it works out for some of you other folks - however - my schedule has me still working. . . that's the last week of my roation with the Nat'l CAT Response Team for the month of May and I won't be able to make that show in Wisconsin Dells.

Totally off topic here - but related to schedule/availability:

I'm pretty sure that I'm committed now to a trip down to Quantum Performance in Texas for the mods that are listed in my signature block.

On Saturday, May 31st, they are hosting a Grand Opening / Open House and I'm working on getting my SGT down there for Mods and taking delivery at the Open House event! They told me - 3 weeks lead time to order parts and get everything ready for install (prep/paint/stripes of hood and parts delivery to the shop) 1 day at shop for work and ready for delivery! Y'all know how it is - modifications are like an addiction......................... I'm making a road trip out of it - drive down :shift: - drop my SGT off - mods - then pick up at the Open House event :lurk: and road trip back home. . . . can't go wrong there. That will probably be the extent of the miles put on my SGT for the year.

I'll be honest - I'm a tough one to pin down when it comes to scheduling - I'm home less than I am away for work. So, don't let me stop any of you from setting up something.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm home now, and off work for the next 2 weeks! I got my SGT out for the day today. Was a blast!

Would be cool to set up something with some folks from this area. I'm willing to drive a little bit to meet up somewhere. I need to get a few more road miles on before the long trip down to Quantum Performance next month.

I'll be driving I-35 most of the way. . . . . Anway........

Anyone interested in setting something up in the area in the next couple weeks? Last minute and on the fly, I know. But that's how I work I guess. Living in the moment!

Let me know

Trevor

Would love to meet up but this weekend we are going to Green Bay and then the following weekend is installing the new doors on the house and garage. Is there anything going on in the Green Bay area this weekend?

Have we come up with any weekend for a get together? I don't have too many plans yet but the weekends always seem to fill up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Uhh. . . . . . . Anyone else itchin' to pull the Shelby out of the garage yet?? We should all try to figure out something for this Spring.

We - as in those of us that are close to Minnesota/Wisconsin area. Some sort of Spring Cruise, something to get our cars out of the garage and back out on the road!!

Sorry that we weren't all able to meet up last year. We're going to have to change that this year!

T

Uhh. . . . . . . Anyone else itchin' to pull the Shelby out of the garage yet?? We should all try to figure out something for this Spring.

We - as in those of us that are close to Minnesota/Wisconsin area. Some sort of Spring Cruise, something to get our cars out of the garage and back out on the road!!

Sorry that we weren't all able to meet up last year. We're going to have to change that this year!

T

I'm from North Dakota originally and am planning a cruise back east this spring (May sometime) in my SGT.

It'd be great to meet up with some local Shelbys while I'm there!

Ken

Just let us know when and where. The only bad times for us is the last weekend in April (shelbyfest in MO) and the first weekend in June for the shelbys at Volo in IL.

Speaking of Shelbyfest any one in MN or WI going this year? Let me know and maybe we can hook up for a caravan. Not sure if I will be able to keep up as my plan is trailer this year.

In any event we need a get together this year!

Just let us know when and where. The only bad times for us is the last weekend in April (shelbyfest in MO) and the first weekend in June for the shelbys at Volo in IL.

Speaking of Shelbyfest any one in MN or WI going this year? Let me know and maybe we can hook up for a caravan. Not sure if I will be able to keep up as my plan is trailer this year.

In any event we need a get together this year!

We are tossing it around to go this year. All depends on the salt condition and the rain to clean the roads off. Hopfully not a problem. I'm itching to get my Shelby on the road this year. Why do you want to trailer. They are to fun to not drive. Keep in touch. We do need to get something going this spring in Wi/Mn or the UP of MI. I meet a couple of other owners last year.

We are tossing it around to go this year. All depends on the salt condition and the rain to clean the roads off. Hopfully not a problem. I'm itching to get my Shelby on the road this year. Why do you want to trailer. They are to fun to not drive. Keep in touch. We do need to get something going this spring in Wi/Mn or the UP of MI. I meet a couple of other owners last year.

We had a blast driving last year. Then after we got back I ended up with two new tires after incidents with a lag screw and roofing nail. I looked back at the 8+ hour drive and considered myself lucky that it did not happen on our 3 day journey. As it was I had to wait 3 days each time for tires here. So this year I am going cautious and trailering. There is plenty of time for :shift: while at shelbyfest!

I'm planning on going to Mid America / Shelby Nationals this year. . . . planning to drive down with my SGT also. Unfortunately, the Shelbyfest gathering in Herman, MO falls on the middle week of my work rotation and I won't be able to make it to that event. This is the frustrating part of my work rotation.

I fully agree though - we've got to get something together this year!!

T

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We've got to get something figured out for spring. I have a feeling that we've got about 4 more weeks until we get a good solid rain or two to wash away winter and road salt!!!

Something like meeting up at a nice restaurant for photos / dinner or something!? Nice Saturday or Sunday afternoon cruise?

Any Ideas?

I have few dates of car shows taking place in MN this summer. I don't know where you guys live so, I'll just post the towns and if anyone is interest I can provide some details.

All towns are located in MN.

Farmington

Climax

Roseau

Warrroad

St. Paul State Fairgrounds (2)

Ada

Warren

Moorhead

Bemidji

Thief River Falls

Fergus Falls