TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What is up with TASCA?

telephone and email messages and no one has returned my calls. :banghead:

I was planning on sending them my car for the 40th, but didn't get an answer, so when my number was called I sent it to SAI instead. Cost me an additional $2000 in shipping.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I was planning on sending them my car for the 40th, but didn't get an answer, so when my number was called I sent it to SAI instead. Cost me an additional $2000 in shipping.

I got an e-mail from them saying they are still working on it. I gave up and my car is shipping to SAI also. It's going to cost me over $4000.00 extra for shipping. How can it take from August until now and still no answers.

Sick of waiting.

Tony, I did end up using Reliable and Matt my driver was very careful loading my car. It cost $1900 each way from Virginia to Las Vegas. Which doesn't include parts shipping.

It would have been $1800 total to Tasca and back.

$1900 would have bought a lot of premium gas for my 40th! Then again, maybe not! LOL

Tony, I did end up using Reliable and Matt my driver was very careful loading my car. It cost $1900 each way from Virginia to Las Vegas. Which doesn't include parts shipping.

$1900 would have bought a lot of premium gas for my 40th! Then again, maybe not! LOL

I went with PLYCAR. $1800.00 each way from NJ (No parts). A friend of mine used them and was very pleased. He highly recommended them so I will give them try. My car is getting picked up on Monday .

I went with PLYCAR. $1800.00 each way from NJ (No parts). A friend of mine used them and was very pleased. He highly recommended them so I will give them try. My car is getting picked up on Monday .

Congratulations on sending your car off. The Righteous brothers sang a song, "Time goes by so slooooooooly" It's worth the wait.

1FST ASP, While I certainly agree $1800 could have bought some other cool stuff I'm confident you'll be happy in the end with the mods being done in Vegas.

Steve

1FST ASP, While I certainly agree $1800 could have bought some other cool stuff I'm confident you'll be happy in the end with the mods being done in Vegas.

Steve

I totally agree with you about the Vegas mods!!

My initial question was why Tasca NEVER called me back!!

last we heard SAI/Tasca haven't come to terms on a contract, I think the same goes for Quantum

Yea Whats up with this last post & that was a while go AMY said it was just a matter of signing the contract. Maybe Amy could chime & give us an update

I got tired of waiting as well and my car is now just about finished at SAI. Should be shipping home by next week. Got mine back/forth for $3k from NoVA thru Multibiz Transport - Roy Murray. Really good guy.

My guess on the contracts? SAI/Ford overbuilt the SGT and have a desert lot full of them and are now no longer building them. They need work to keep the staff they built up over the past couple years busy. SO - they've been calling all of us to schedule while the other shops wait for signed contracts. As always - I could be wrong. Officially - I hear it's the shops that haven't signed. Curious.

You could be right ,will have to wait & see . Great to hear you got your car done bet you can`t wait to her back. We need to see some pictures.

Hey Flyboy, how long did it take once your car arrived at SAI?? just curious. I had a talk with Doug over there today. Told me that Tasca should be a done deal, like yesterday... closer for me to send to RI then NV... but time is money and I don't want to wait until I have to use a cane to walk with....... :shift:

Hey Flyboy, how long did it take once your car arrived at SAI?? just curious. I had a talk with Doug over there today. Told me that Tasca should be a done deal, like yesterday... closer for me to send to RI then NV... but time is money and I don't want to wait until I have to use a cane to walk with....... :shift:

Shipped it 2/18. Got there 2/22. Started work somewhere between 2/25 and 3/3. Should be done 3/14. Pickup 3/19-3/20. Home by 3/26 or so.

Yes. I had a lot of trouble with TASCA too. You can check it out here. http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24816

In a nut shell, very high prices compared to SAI and Quantum. Plus poor communication. I'm still waiting on a phone call from them.

• 2 years later...

Archived