TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Open Track @ CA Speedway

ShelbyPilot

I have hinted at this a little bit and finally the details have been posted.

Speed Ventures is hosting a two day event at California Speedway (Fontana) on May 3 & 4th. They will be using the interior road course. I had hoped to go both days but the price is going to prevent that. At this point I can go either day. Although SUNDAY would be better. If there are people interested in going, let's see if we can get a consensus of which day before registering. Of course I am sure they will welcome you both days.

This will be my first speedventure event. So, I can't give you impressions of my experiences. I suggest looking over the rules in website. They do require numbers for identification. They require a tech sheet sign off, you can do it yourself. Also they require a tow hook or identification of a tow point.

I hope to see some of you there.

Chris

http://speedventures.com/events/eventdetail.aspx?id=168

I have hinted at this a little bit and finally the details have been posted.

Speed Ventures is hosting a two day event at California Speedway (Fontana) on May 3 & 4th. They will be using the interior road course. I had hoped to go both days but the price is going to prevent that. At this point I can go either day. Although SUNDAY would be better. If there are people interested in going, let's see if we can get a consensus of which day before registering. Of course I am sure they will welcome you both days.

This will be my first speedventure event. So, I can't give you impressions of my experiences. I suggest looking over the rules in website. They do require numbers for identification. They require a tech sheet sign off, you can do it yourself. Also they require a tow hook or identification of a tow point.

I hope to see some of you there.

Chris

http://speedventures.com/events/eventdetail.aspx?id=168

Hmmmmmm VERY interesting :) Gonna see if I can get Steve to take our Ford GT (pictured below) and maybe one of the Mustangs :)

DSC_0353.jpg

If we dont want to race our car, Is this something we can watch?,,,Rick

It will be my first time also. I did find out that both the Supersnake & the X1 fall into the supercar category! Not sure yet which one I'll bring. :rockon: But I did get a reply to my email.

Richard - Our Supercar and Exotic classification were created with people like you specifically in mind. Yes you would qualify. To get you started the process is for you to create an account on our website (www.speedventures.com). In that process you will list your cars (even though they are not here yet) and that you want to be part of the Supercar run group. Then when we notify the group on our next upcoming event, you would be included on that email. We are anticipating a Supercar event in March or April. Speed Ventures also has a Beginner Driver instruction program with our instructors teaching you car control on one of the local road racing tracks (Willow Springs, Buttonwillow, California Speedway, etc). Our 2008 schedule is posted on the website as well, although not every event will include a Supercar only group.

Once you get started with an account, I'd be happy to answer questions, help you create the account, or guide you through the process of getting out on the track with us. Glad you contacted Speed Ventures and look forward to helping you on this.

Thanks,

Larry

• 2 weeks later...

WOW! $500.00 for two days! Nothing against Speedventures or Fontana Raceway, but there are options!

Go to Los Angeles Shelby American Automobile Club website (lasaac.org) for TWO days of a 2.1 mile road course at Willow Springs for $195.00 for members and $205.00 for non-members. We have been doing it for 13 years and keep the cost down as low as possible as we are a non-profit Shelby Club.

Come out to watch if you do not want to run. If you show up in a ShelbyGT, I will give you a ride on the track in my ShelbyGT#358.

Randy-president-LASAACpost-12177-1205917084_thumb.jpg

post-12177-1205917084_thumb.jpg

Has anyone been to Silver Springs? road corse, This May not be the correct name>>>I saw the track from the air when returning some people to upland Ca....it is south east of tehapee and north west of upland.... south west of barstow....what a beautiful corse, would be a great place for a roundup weekend.... Maybe it is Willow springs listed above????

Also about the Willow Springs.....How much am I going to pay for gas at $3.75/ gallon from and to Orange County. Plus Drive time. To be out out the Willow Springs track early on Saturday. I either have to leave real early Saturday morning or stay at a hotel Friday night as well as Saturday night. Not to mention the grief from my wife about being away two nights. Nothing personal. I'll choose the 30 minute drive to Fontana and no hotel.

Also, I bet the CSLI vs. SAAC doesn't come up one time in Fontana and I won't fear any negative looks with the Team Shelby sticker next to the SAAC sticker on my car.

Also about the Willow Springs.....How much am I going to pay for gas at $3.75/ gallon from and to Orange County. Plus Drive time. To be out out the Willow Springs track early on Saturday. I either have to leave real early Saturday morning or stay at a hotel Friday night as well as Saturday night. Not to mention the grief from my wife about being away two nights. Nothing personal. I'll choose the 30 minute drive to Fontana and no hotel.

Also, I bet the CSLI vs. SAAC doesn't come up one time in Fontana and I won't fear any negative looks with the Team Shelby sticker next to the SAAC sticker on my car.

First of all, I doubt seriously you'll be getting any negative looks. Funny that that is a concern of yours. Randylasaac is our club president and if you didn't happen to notice the picture in his post, he drives a new Shelby GT (and has a Team Shelby sticker in his window). While I don't like what Shelby is attempting to do, I have nothing against the new cars or the people that own them. In fact, we at LASAAC fully welcome all owners of new Shelby cars to the club.

As far as plunking down your $500 for a weekend in Fontana, that incremental $300 will buy a lot of gas and the best hotel room you can find in the Palmdale/Lancaster area and you'll still have $ left over. Most everyone drives up Saturday morning and there are plenty of hotels with rates less than $100. As far as the wife, bring her along and let her drive the car as well.

• 5 weeks later...

Anybody interested, I registered for Sunday May 4th today. I hope to see some of you there. If the closed course track event is to expensive, they also have an autocross practice available that day on one of the infield parking lot. It is $60 and sounds like a better deal then a standard SCCA sanctioned event.

PS.

On the tow hook concern. A tow hook is not required. They do want you to have a tow point in mind in case of a break down. The promoter will not be responsible for tow damage.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived