TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The wait is killin' me..How........

How did you guys that order yours pass the time?? I ordered mine back on 1/12/08 and I still know nothing except that my checking acct is a little lighter!! Pretty soon I'll be getting an 09 and won't be able to come in here and talk to you guys :hysterical2:

Bruce

I know it's tough, Bruce. I ordered mine on 21 Feb 2007, and it arrived in early Feb 2008. Apparently the smaller dealerships have a longer wait.

Hey you must be the one of two guys that ordered at Kings Ford? I also wanted to go with them, I have bought both of my previous SVT cars with them. The informed me that they did not have a final number on allocations left for this year.

I did place a order on a 08 ebony coupe with fairfield ford last monday feb. 26. I am also waiting to hear something as well. I hope I dont have to wait as long as you have.

They say that " the best things come to those who wait", keep your head up.........it will happen.

BigDrawz

How did you guys that order yours pass the time?? I ordered mine back on 1/12/08 and I still know nothing except that my checking acct is a little lighter!! Pretty soon I'll be getting an 09 and won't be able to come in here and talk to you guys :hysterical2:

Bruce

Don't worry. You will have it by July or sooner. Final orders are due by next month 4/11 and the last day of production is 5/23.

So even if your car was the last one off the line on the last day of 08 production, you should still have by July or sooner. :happy feet:

Bruce

well you have to have THICK skin just read all of jokers friends comments :happy feet:

and we can HELP you guys pass the time :hysterical2:

Bruce

what body style, color(s), options did you order? did you get a vin# yet?

Bruce

i ordered mine early oct and it was delivered jan 30. i passed the time by reading thru the posts on this site and dreaming - a lot of dreaming!

I was in a ford dealer today looking to buy an o8 they had 18 GT500 in stock lot more Gt's and saleans and rouches.

I am hoping to go do the deal on friday I will see what happens.

looking at a Vapor Matalic with black stripes. they also have the Grabber orange with black stripes I cant decide between the two

Hey you must be the one of two guys that ordered at Kings Ford? I also wanted to go with them, I have bought both of my previous SVT cars with them. The informed me that they did not have a final number on allocations left for this year.

I did place a order on a 08 ebony coupe with fairfield ford last monday feb. 26. I am also waiting to hear something as well. I hope I dont have to wait as long as you have.

They say that " the best things come to those who wait", keep your head up.........it will happen.

BigDrawz

I couldn't help myself from commenting about Kings Ford. I ordered mine in Nov. 07' and never heard a thing until 2 weeks ago when I basically had the salesman in a corner and he told me that I was the first of 4 guys that ordered one and we all were not going to get the cars at all, they have no more allocations. So I drove myself down to Georgia two days later and bought a White w/ red stripe pkg. conv. and had it shipped home and now the wait is over.

I was in a ford dealer today looking to buy an o8 they had 18 GT500 in stock lot more Gt's and saleans and rouches.

I am hoping to go do the deal on friday I will see what happens.

looking at a Vapor Matalic with black stripes. they also have the Grabber orange with black stripes I cant decide between the two

No disrespect to the Grabber Orange guys, because there's days when they look great. But I think it's one of those colors, like my Vista Blue, that changes a LOT depending on the light, and the angle you look at it. It's a strange thing, some days it looks beautiful, others, not quite so much. Make sure you see it outside, when it's not under fluorescent lights, on both a sunny and cloudy day. Walk around it, if it still grabs you (guess that's where they got the name), go (ha! another pun) for it!

GO is certainly an eye-catcher. Kinda like the old '70 Boss. But different, less yellow. And keep in mind that if you ever decide to SuperSnake the car, GO will look AMAZING! I hope you like talking to strangers! :superhero:

I couldn't help myself from commenting about Kings Ford. I ordered mine in Nov. 07' and never heard a thing until 2 weeks ago when I basically had the salesman in a corner and he told me that I was the first of 4 guys that ordered one and we all were not going to get the cars at all, they have no more allocations. So I drove myself down to Georgia two days later and bought a White w/ red stripe pkg. conv. and had it shipped home and now the wait is over.

Sweet thats awsome that you got one, and the color combo is GREAT!!!! I hope to get a build date this week from Fairfield ford. Anyway are there a lot of guys in this area with gt500s, and do you guy meet up?

Hope to see you on the street this spring. :shift:

BigDrawz

well you have to have THICK skin just read all of jokers friends comments :happy feet:

and we can HELP you guys pass the time :hysterical2:

LMAO. Yea that helped alot!

Here's a link if you want to pass some time. I think that there is only like 18 pages of giving me a bad time!

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24061

No disrespect to the Grabber Orange guys, because there's days when they look great. But I think it's one of those colors, like my Vista Blue, that changes a LOT depending on the light, and the angle you look at it. It's a strange thing, some days it looks beautiful, others, not quite so much. Make sure you see it outside, when it's not under fluorescent lights, on both a sunny and cloudy day. Walk around it, if it still grabs you (guess that's where they got the name), go (ha! another pun) for it!

GO is certainly an eye-catcher. Kinda like the old '70 Boss. But different, less yellow. And keep in mind that if you ever decide to SuperSnake the car, GO will look AMAZING! I hope you like talking to strangers! :superhero:

I absolutely agree on that count. I own a Grabber GT500 Vert. and under fluorescent lights it definitally looks more yellow than orange.

DSCF0539.jpg

Bruce

It is possible to follow the build sequence of your car, as well as get an advanced copy of your window sticker when your car reaches a certain milestone in it's construction. this greatly helped me in maintaining my sanity for the two and a half months that it took for my Shelby to be built and delivered.

The site is BlueOvalNews.com > message forums > ford employee forum > vehicle locator by ford employees. Make sure you read and follow the instructions on the sticky "Order update requests and tracking, Please read and take note".

All you need is an account with BON and your VIN number. Best of luck and keep us informed of your car's progress

Bruce

Have patience, young grasshopper. If you don't have that, start buying mods. That's what I did. I had half a Shelby in my garage before I took delivery. :hysterical:

I placed my order on March 27, 2006. I didn't take delivery until May 4, 2007. When you get up close to that kind of wait, give me a call and I'll give you some sympathy. ;)

PS: excellent color choice. It is the fastest.

Thanks BigDrawz,

You put me to the front of the list. I get a call from my sales guy at Kings about every other week. He said they should have all of the details in the next 5 days. My fingers are crossed.

Thanks,

Bruce

hey Bruce keep me updated on your progress towards the car. Maybe soon ill see you out crusing, and we will both have the gt500....... :happy feet:

BigDrawz

I hope you're right there BigDrawz. I'll keep you all posted.

Bruce

Bruce

I got a call today from Kings Ford, Bob Creed told me that they are getting, in his words, "plenty of allocations due to winning the presidents award". So hopefully you will hear something soon. If my deal with Fairfield Ford falls through, you better believe that I will be calling King's.

Damien

Archived