TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Synthetic oil or the other

BLOWN

What are you guys useing for your engine and trans and rearend oil? I have never used Syn oil before and was just wondering what you all are useing. Do you have any like or dislikes of the Syn oil? What brand are you useing. I have read on other threads that Mobile1 is good and so is Castrol oil I am talking FULL synthetic oil not blended. I have found a video about how Royal Purple makes 10 extra hp just by changeing the motor&trans&rear end oil with the Royal Purple Syn oil. Thanks for you comments

http://www.royalpurple.com/rp-video/hrtv1.html

The only full Synthetic that I have ever used is Mobil 1.The only downside to using it is price.I change my oil every 3 thousand miles regardless of what I use.

+1

I change it myself so it's no more expensive than taking it to a oil change shop. I also change twice a year in the spring and fall whether I have driven 3000 or not.

I use Redline in my Mustang, every 5000 miles.

I've used Mobil 1 in my Camaro Solo II car for years and never had an engine issue, 146K miles now. Bottom line is that most sythetics are gonna be great and as long as you change it regularly and keep it in the hash marks on the dipstick you'll be good to go.

Thanks BigEnos. I will be going with Ford full synthetic 5-20. I will have the dealer change it every 5,000 miles Maybe the oil filter every 2,500 miles what do you all think or should I change the filter at 5 thousand also.Thanks

Just FYI,

BMW uses their own blend of synthetic oil, and the FACTORY oil change period (after break-in) is every 17,000. Now, as Big Enos mentioned, you still have to keep the oil level within the lines, but, when a manufacturer (the party responsible for replacing items on new cars when they break) tells you that you con go 17,000 between changes, that's pretty nice reliability.

Mobile 1 guarantees 15,000 miles between oil changes, and they state it right on their bottle.

Archived