TEAM SHELBY FORUM

whos SGT is this

greaser

Before you are too hard on this kid do a little reminiscing. How many of us pulled stupid stunts like this when we were teenagers? When I look back at my teenage years and all the stupid things I did and got away with I shudder. There is no way I would do those things today, but at the time they were fun and luckily no one got hurt.

Looked black to me, and Super Charged. And right through a residential neighborhood.

Yeah, it was black, it's an 07', but just because it has the gauge pod doesn't mean it's SC. I didn't hear the SC either but what do I know! I think the 07 CA Edition cars were white now that I think of it and they included the pod as well.

Before you are too hard on this kid do a little reminiscing. How many of us pulled stupid stunts like this when we were teenagers? When I look back at my teenage years and all the stupid things I did and got away with I shudder. There is no way I would do those things today, but at the time they were fun and luckily no one got hurt.

Be hard on the kid? LOL Hell no, it's not his fault his parents are stupid enough to buy him that car(if that's the case). I just think these are way to nice of a car to just give to a kid.

Maybe I'm old school, but before I had that kind of horsepower at that age, I had to spend a summer rebuilding a 302 in a '73 bronco. All the lectures I got to hear while rebuilding the engine taught me responsibility and respect too. Just doesn't happen these days I guess.

Be hard on the kid? LOL Hell no, it's not his fault his parents are stupid enough to buy him that car(if that's the case). I just think these are way to nice of a car to just give to a kid.

Maybe I'm old school, but before I had that kind of horsepower at that age, I had to spend a summer rebuilding a 302 in a '73 bronco. All the lectures I got to hear while rebuilding the engine taught me responsibility and respect too. Just doesn't happen these days I guess.

My first car was a 65 Mustang coupe with a 289 2bbl and an automatic. I drove this car for two years and was given a 90 LX 5.0 conv as a graduation present. If my parents had not been somewhat wealthy I wouldn't have gotten either. So what if this kids parents dropped 40K on a car for him, it's still a car and we have all done stupid things in cars.

I'm just saying don't be hard on the kid because he is drag racing, regardless of what he is driving.

My first car was a 65 Mustang coupe with a 289 2bbl and an automatic. I drove this car for two years and was given a 90 LX 5.0 conv as a graduation present. If my parents had not been somewhat wealthy I wouldn't have gotten either. So what if this kids parents dropped 40K on a car for him, it's still a car and we have all done stupid things in cars.

I'm just saying don't be hard on the kid because he is drag racing, regardless of what he is driving.

I agree. I'm not being hard on the kid. I'm being hard on his parents. I think it's clear in that video that he has no respect for the car or the people in the car. I don't baby my car, but I certainly don't hot rod like that with "kids" in the car and never have.

I know if I break something in the car or worse yet, injure a passenger, that I will be the one to blame/pay... not my parents. My spider senses tell me this kid would probably get another car the next week.

I know if I break something in the car or worse yet, injure a passenger, that I will be the one to blame/pay... not my parents. My spider senses tell me this kid would probably get another car the next week.

That is what I was trying to get at. When you are young you do not think about those things but with age comes wisdom and you start to think about how your actions affect others and you understand that you are to blame for your own actions.

Ummm, yup.

We just didn't have video cameras and the internet, so our stupid stuff isn't going to be around forever. Not just cars, either. I have memories of motorcycles, skis, boats and snowmobiles that I'm pretty glad aren't on film. And the stray dogsled, now that I think of it.

Pretty much given up the motorcycles and dogsleds.

I suspect that every person on this forum has done equally stupid or worse things, but fortunately don't have a video posted on YouTube...

before we're too hard on the kid, what about his dad? who gave him the keys?? and was the car left in 1st gear?? i'm new to driving manual tranny's but i thought i was always supposed to put it in neutral before i turned her off.

and i second the opinion that we were all young and stupid once - there just weren't any video cameras and the internet around to share our dork moments with the world.

heck, with a house like that, i think "dad" can afford a new shelby (or two or three).

still, that was a fun video to watch a few times!

before we're too hard on the kid, what about his dad? who gave him the keys?? and was the car left in 1st gear?? i'm new to driving manual tranny's but i thought i was always supposed to put it in neutral before i turned her off.

and i second the opinion that we were all young and stupid once - there just weren't any video cameras and the internet around to share our dork moments with the world.

heck, with a house like that, i think "dad" can afford a new shelby (or two or three).

still, that was a fun video to watch a few times!

youre watching the wrong vid the one youre thinking of is a gt500 click the link on the first page.

i wasnt being hard on the kid just pointing out that if i had tried anything like that with my parents car i would be driving untill i was 18.(and probably not siting till then ether) i come from a place where even the "rich kids" didnt get 40k cars so i assumed it was a parents. yes i did many dumb things in and on motorized vehicles but i paid for each and everyone of them i wasnt so lucky as to have anything handed to me.

youre watching the wrong vid the one youre thinking of is a gt500 click the link on the first page.

o you're right, i watched so many silly gt500 crash vids on youtube last night after seeing this link i forgot which was which.

this kid needs a total ass whooping. its one thing to put your own life in danger but to see his friends in the back seat with him driving like that? he's lucky he didn't end up on the 6pm news in a tangled mess.

and yea we all did stupid things growing up but if our parents/guardians caught us doing that sh*t we'd been totally busted/beaten/grounded or whatever - video cameras or not.

o you're right, i watched so many silly gt500 crash vids on youtube last night after seeing this link i forgot which was which.

this kid needs a total ass whooping. its one thing to put your own life in danger but to see his friends in the back seat with him driving like that? he's lucky he didn't end up on the 6pm news in a tangled mess.

and yea we all did stupid things growing up but if our parents/guardians caught us doing that sh*t we'd been totally busted/beaten/grounded or whatever - video cameras or not.

Definitely agree with you there! I'm 20 and that'll still happen if my Dad ever saw me doing anything like that. I've had fast cars since I was 17 and I'd never do anything stupid with people in the car. If I ever came home with a messed up car I don't know if I'd come back out.

I don't have a problem with young kids having fast cars when they respect them. It's when they fill their car with friends and try to impress them by driving like an absolute maniac.

Archived