TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nooooooooooo...

For the past month...we had snow, rain. Basically, not Shelby-friendly conditions.

I was looking forward to my monday morning commute in mid-high 50 degree weather. On my way home from a short cruise today, the shifter went completely out of wack. Completely.

I am going to drop off my car at my Ford dealer tonight so they can look at it this week. The throws are VERY long now and I feel as though I can pull the whole assembly out. What a bummer...

For those that can drive their cars, do it for me :(:hysterical2:

Sorry to hear about this! How many miles on your car? I hope they get it fixed up for you quickly! Please let us know what the problem turns out to be.

About 3500 miles!! :banghead:

I hope it isn't a problem with the hurst itself (it doesn't feel like it). If so, I may be in for a wait for a new shifter. The shifter was rattling (as usual) but began to feel sloppy. I guess finally it just gave way. For everyone who has a rattling shifter, don't take it lightly..it may evolve into an issue like this.

About 3500 miles!! :banghead:

I hope it isn't a problem with the hurst itself (it doesn't feel like it). If so, I may be in for a wait for a new shifter. The shifter was rattling (as usual) but began to feel sloppy. I guess finally it just gave way. For everyone who has a rattling shifter, don't take it lightly..it may evolve into an issue like this.

You didn't happen to notice if your tranny was leaking before this happened did you? My shifter has the rattle and my tranny is leaking just a little bit, but I have 5000 more miles with you and all feels like new. :waiting:

Did you pull the shift boot off and look at the assembly? I recall that someone had to tighten the shifter bolts as they were loose. Might want to inspect yourself first. Good luck. I too am dieing to ride the SGT.

I hope it is something as simple as shifter bolts. I'll drop it off tonight and they will let me know. They take really great care of me.

You didn't happen to notice if your tranny was leaking before this happened did you? My shifter has the rattle and my tranny is leaking just a little bit, but I have 5000 more miles with you and all feels like new. :waiting:

What do you mean by leaking? Currently, when the car is in third, it has about as much play as neutral. It's really bad.

I hope it is something as simple as shifter bolts. I'll drop it off tonight and they will let me know. They take really great care of me.

What do you mean by leaking? Currently, when the car is in third, it has about as much play as neutral. It's really bad.

The shifter bolts are easy to get to. You just have to take off the leather boot on the console. Pops right off and you can see the 2 bolts he is talking about.

What I mean by leaking is did you crawl up under the car and look at the transmission to see if it is leaking any fluid?

I drove a few miles for you today....it was sunny and 76 degrees today here in Atlanta. Of course, the top was down per my daughter's request!! :headspin:

Hope its something simple to repair.

Andy.

Archived