TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford GT what's it worth?

captdave

There is a new Ford GT at the dealer down here in West Palm Beach. Asking $180k. Can you guys give me some info on your cars? High and low MSRP for these? What are they worth if you find a new one at the dealer? What are the current used prices for these cars? Do you think they will hold their value and keep going up?

CaptDave

it must be a 2005, as there are NO new 2006s ANYWHERE. we have a black 2005 in stock, but it is the owner's demo, and he's been offered $325k before, and turned it down...with my access I cannot see any 2005s in dealer to dealer locator. if that is a new car, that is a VERY low price with the market the way it is. but I don't believe there are any true NEW(non-demo, clean MSO) Ford GTs out there.

I think the dealer was called Wayne Acker Ford. Or something close to that. Just south of West Palm Beach airport on 95. They have a pair of GT500's, Shelby GT and a bunch of Roush cars out front. The salesman I talked to said the Ford GT had a $210k asking price. But I got him to offer it to me for $180k. Didn't know if this was a good price.

CaptDave

if it is truly a new car, then it is not a bad price. They just don't show any new ones...meaning that one probably doesn't have a clean title, they might say it is new if the dealer itself bought the car, but that still means you will be 2nd owner. unless it is a 2005, even then my dealer to dealer locators say there aren't any out there.

to decide if it is worth the price, comes down to if you'd like to own one. I haven't seen any pre-owned on the market to rate this by. if you had access to manheim auto auction or even BJ, you might be able to see what they're going for, though you'd obviously pay a bit more than auction on the retail end.

good luck, I hope you get what you like!

The 2005's no longer show up in dealer inventory. Very, very few new, MSO cars left, and usually belong to dealer and will have a few hundred to thousand miles on them. Cars have held their value very well. Check out fordgt.com. Shelbyelite motors in Arkansas has been cornering market on used cars. Check his website. Cars are bringing sticker plus. Heritage are bringing much more. Lots of cars being shipped overseas due to weak dollar. If you're not stuck on one color, you may find one, but don't dawdle. 180 K, unless fully loaded (stripes, Mac, forged wheels, painted calipers) is probably a little high. Many owners are buying 2 or more cars. Frank

if it is truly a new car, then it is not a bad price. They just don't show any new ones...meaning that one probably doesn't have a clean title, they might say it is new if the dealer itself bought the car, but that still means you will be 2nd owner. unless it is a 2005, even then my dealer to dealer locators say there aren't any out there.

to decide if it is worth the price, comes down to if you'd like to own one. I haven't seen any pre-owned on the market to rate this by. if you had access to manheim auto auction or even BJ, you might be able to see what they're going for, though you'd obviously pay a bit more than auction on the retail end.

good luck, I hope you get what you like!

I know of a new black w silver stripes in the UK that was been sitting at an exotics dealer for over a year and a half and he can't move it anywhere near the price he wants. When he brought it over the dollar was probably 1.65 to the pound and now its roughly $2.00. The guy is going to get absolutely hosed when he finally sells it but they are not as popular over here as they are stateside due to left hand drive and the size of the car. I have looked at it several times and if they still have it they are likely to talk a decent discount off the £120-130k they have been looking for. They claimed that I would be the first buyer on the car's title if I wanted it so not sure if that would hold if you brought it back stateside as they must have bought it from a dealer in the USA.

Name of the place is Romans International if you are interested. They are on the web.

Jaime

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Gentlemen,

My Ford GT is a 2006, yellow with black stripes, Macintosh radio, optional lightweight wheels, painted black stripes, standard black brake calipers. Only 75 yellow Ford GTs were produced during the entire 2006 model year.

My cars MSRP - $166,145

I paid - $166,145 for the car brand-new from Sugarland Ford near Houston, Texas.

It is two years old now and with 5000 miles on it, I believe the car would bring $180,000 today. It is the only car I have ever purchased new that has not depreciated. The car has been flawless and has not required one single warranty repair. If I could only keep one car in my collection and were forced to dispose of all others, my yellow Ford GT would be the car I would keep.

Chip

post-12804-1213759621.jpg

• 9 months later...
Gentlemen,

My Ford GT is a 2006, yellow with black stripes, Macintosh radio, optional lightweight wheels, painted black stripes, standard black brake calipers. Only 75 yellow Ford GTs were produced during the entire 2006 model year.

My cars MSRP - $166,145

I paid - $166,145 for the car brand-new from Sugarland Ford near Houston, Texas.

It is two years old now and with 5000 miles on it, I believe the car would bring $180,000 today. It is the only car I have ever purchased new that has not depreciated. The car has been flawless and has not required one single warranty repair. If I could only keep one car in my collection and were forced to dispose of all others, my yellow Ford GT would be the car I would keep.

Chip

post-12804-1213759621.jpg

I would have to agree with you on your last comment.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the lower priced Ford GT's on eBay right now (Buy It Now only):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-Ford-G...%3A1|240%3A1308

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-Painted-...%3A1|240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-FORD-G...%3A1|240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-GT40-6SP...%3A1|240%3A1308

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-Ford-G...%3A1|240%3A1318

All $135K - $150K. Two others for less than $160K each are listed.

The recent completed auctions (March 27 - April 10) for the late model Ford GT's finished at (Only those someone actually bid on are listed. Several $120K - $150K listed cars received no bids. Damaged/salvaged cars not listed. Those that actually sold are noted as such.):

$123,100

$114,750

$118,601

$204,950

$125,600 (repeat)

$127,500

$125,000

$99,101

$115,000

$124,100 (repeat)

$150,100

$123,100 (repeat)

$114,750

$118,601

$125,850

$159,999 (sold)

$126,501

$150,000

$127,215 (sold)

$146,500

$135,000

$204,950

$125,600

$145,500

$125,000

$121,600

$137,100 (sold)

$147,100

$124,100 (repeat)

$148,000 (sold)

$105,000

$122,100

$120,100

$140,345

Based on this information, the people selling their GT's think they are worth more than the market will bear and are not motivated to sell.

I would love to get a Tungsten/Satin Stripe GT to match my GT500. It might be a good time to buy....

Archived