TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT500 conv LaMans Stripes

captdave

I thought the 2008 GT500 conv didn't come with factory over the top stripes? I just saw a new 2008 GT500 conv black ext / black-red int with red LeMans stripes just like the coupe. Is this something new?

CaptDave

I thought the 2008 GT500 conv didn't come with factory over the top stripes? I just saw a new 2008 GT500 conv black ext / black-red int with red LeMans stripes just like the coupe. Is this something new?

CaptDave

that's my car dave!

For this yr red stripe pckg 600 limited edition

And only vert with stripes

that's my car dave!

For this yr red stripe pckg 600 limited edition

And only vert with stripes

You say it's a special car? Black / red LaMans only color combo it comes in? I thought it looked great. May go back to the dealer to see it tomorrow. Are the int all black with red inserts. The saleman didn't know much about it.

CaptDave

You say it's a special car? Black / red LaMans only color combo it comes in? I thought it looked great. May go back to the dealer to see it tomorrow. Are the int all black with red inserts. The saleman didn't know much about it.

CaptDave

The Red Stripe package is available on '08 verts in either black or white paint, with red OTT stripes, red rocker stripes, red emblems, and red/black interior. MSRP for the package is $1650.

This is the only picture we got of a white one last week at the Florida Car Show....

Was that car factory stripes over the top? Car looked nice in white. Saw a black conv at the dealer in FL yesterday with the stripes. Really nice. I will have to see if any of these are coming to NJ.

CaptDave

Thw white one in the picture is a factory - 2008 red stripe convertible, includes over the top stripes, red interior package, red emblems, etc

Except for the dealer logo on the rear deck I think the white/red stripes looks great.

CaptDave

If only 600 of the LaMans stripe conv are being made I wonder if any will make it to NJ?

CaptDave

You can PM Shelbydude, and if you ask nicely, he might be able to find the closest one to you... :superhero:

If only 600 of the LaMans stripe conv are being made I wonder if any will make it to NJ?

CaptDave

All American Ford in Hackensack has one. I don't want to disappoint you; but it won't be MSRP. Their phone # is 201-487-6700. Ask for Jeff Rogan. Tell him Jim Sheehan sent you. Good guy, I used to work there with him years ago.

Is the one in NJ black or white?

CaptDave

Sorry to chime in late, but I got an early '08 vapor/ebony (8/22/07) vert that I had the dealership buy me the ott stripes, because the wording in the order book, which was very vague, (they didn't know if the verts came w/ott stripes or not; nobody did, I informed them through this site) and as a result of my order, Ford supposedly re-worded the order application. I paid to have the OTT stripes applied to the car, as opposed to painting them on. I wanted to keep it stock, but I had to have the stripes, and I intend to enjoy it to the fullest, as long as I own it , (which will be forever).

Sorry to chime in late, but I got an early '08 vapor/ebony (8/22/07) vert that I had the dealership buy me the ott stripes, because the wording in the order book, which was very vague, (they didn't know if the verts came w/ott stripes or not; nobody did, I informed them through this site) and as a result of my order, Ford supposedly re-worded the order application. I paid to have the OTT stripes applied to the car, as opposed to painting them on. I wanted to keep it stock, but I had to have the stripes, and I intend to enjoy it to the fullest, as long as I own it , (which will be forever).

Congrats on your new car.

CaptDave

Is the one in NJ black or white?

It's black with all available options. ADM was listed at 10K over. You can probaly get them down to 5K. They wouldn't do MSRP for me. That's why I ended up buying mine in Indiana. Good luck, sharp looking color combo.

CaptDave

Hey, Dave. I'm less than an hour from you. Did you see it on the road? May have been me.

th_shelby004.jpg

Hey, Dave. I'm less than an hour from you. Did you see it on the road? May have been me.

th_shelby004.jpg

I saw the car in Delray Beach, FL at the dealer. I fly to Boca Raton each weekend.

CaptDave

Hello robanreg, do you have pics of your vert with the OTT stripes that you could post.

It took me a while to get back to you but I posted some back in October in a gallery called "Fall Vapor" that I think are still on this site.

It took me a while to get back to you but I posted some back in October in a gallery called "Fall Vapor" that I think are still on this site. I just searched and found the pictures in my member gallery under 08 elnr. Hope you like them...

th_shelby004.jpg

Dave, only the "Red Package" verts come with otp Le Mans stripes, all others must fend for themselves!

It took me a while to get back to you but I posted some back in October in a gallery called "Fall Vapor" that I think are still on this site.

i searched for "fall vapor" but cant find it anywhere, was it in the o8 gt500 forum or elsewhere. THANKS

Dave, only the "Red Package" verts come with otp Le Mans stripes, all others must fend for themselves!

I think a Shelby needs stripes. I love the red stripe package.

CaptDave

Archived