TEAM SHELBY FORUM

another dyno; 445 rwhp

KCMO-GT500

Great numbers. 444RWHP in that weather tells me the 500 SAE number is underated much like terms.

ec

did you look around the site? It looks like we may start getting a few more dyno numbers in the next few weeks. The damn car is way overpriced right now, but I think that it will end up being one of the strongest running cars ever once some easy modding is done. There is also a fairly in depth discussion of the fuel calibration curves, and now it is starting to make more sense why FordGeeks dyno runs were not as high as anticipated. Timing gets retarded once incoming air is sensed at over 100 degrees.

Guest evilchris

ec

did you look around the site? It looks like we may start getting a few more dyno numbers in the next few weeks. The damn car is way overpriced right now, but I think that it will end up being one of the strongest running cars ever once some easy modding is done. There is also a fairly in depth discussion of the fuel calibration curves, and now it is starting to make more sense why FordGeeks dyno runs were not as high as anticipated. Timing gets retarded once incoming air is sensed at over 100 degrees.

Yeah it's the best stock Mustang powertrain ever released from Ford no arguments there. I'd prefer an aluminum block however to lose 100 lbs or so.

At $43k it's killer. At $70k it's a ripoff. Like it or not, at $70k you HAVE to compare it to the Z06, which is a superior car in every way. The Z06 has titanium rods for heavens sake.

Hope the silver oak aint a bitch. Even non blown GTs run like crap in the heat (same timing retard crap)

I get the sense that a lot of experimenting will be going on before anyone feels confident about the tune. Probably is a good reason to stay conservative, and make sure you stay a little rich on the fuel mix. The next few months will likely yield an awful lot a data about the shelby. Some of it won't match up, and there will be some head scratching. Eventually it will be a known science like the cobra 03/04.

Yeah it's the best stock Mustang powertrain ever released from Ford no arguments there. I'd prefer an aluminum block however to lose 100 lbs or so.

At $43k it's killer. At $70k it's a ripoff. Like it or not, at $70k you HAVE to compare it to the Z06, which is a superior car in every way. The Z06 has titanium rods for heavens sake.

Sure, good rods but hypereutic pistons...........definite no-no for some good boost should you have that planned for future on the z06. Forged better. GM cheaped out on that one!!

Archived