TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Would you do it again?

614HSO

Okay guys from the heart......... Would you do it again?

There are lots of people in line for this bad girl..........

Many are going to be subjected to an ADM of some level. Fortunately there seems to be some level of integrity to the Canadian sales, as we are not seeing the levels of madness displayed South of the border.

(Well, maybe not in Alberta! Sorry, Jetsolver)

Everyone does things for a different reason and there are as many reasons to buy this car as there are owners.

Just the same, what is your kneejerk reaction from your experience with the car to date?

Only the car.

A) Can't get enough?

B) Would do it again?

C) Not on your life?

D) Wanna kill someone?

E) Worth every penny...........

Okay guys from the heart......... Would you do it again?

There are lots of people in line for this bad girl..........

Many are going to be subjected to an ADM of some level. Fortunately there seems to be some level of integrity to the Canadian sales, as we are not seeing the levels of madness displayed South of the border.

Everyone does things for a different reason and there are as many reasons to buy this car as there are owners.

Just the same, what is your kneejerk reaction from your experience with the car to date?

Only the car.

A) Can't get enough?

B) Would do it again?

C) Not on your life?

D) Wanna kill someone?

E) Worth every penny...........

I think Ford just shipped each dealer one each so the rest of us would have some hope. This would prevent alot of us from jumping off a bridge & Ford would still get our money. Still waiting !

Pete, I really can't say that I had any Bad Experiences with Ford or the Dealer.

At the Dealer level, they just treated my Transaction as any other Normal Event. I felt that there was a lot of complacency on their part such as, not returning calls and emails, me having to chase them for a VIN, me having to call CS for Production Updates. Maybe I was expecting too much? Perhaps I went into the Deal thinking that the Shelby was more Special than it was and I should be treated better than if I were Purchasing a Focus? Perhaps it was because my Sales Guy got up and left Erinwood, leaving the List in the hands of an already busy General Manager? Maybe I should have been more of a pain? Maybe it's because they're also a Saleen Dealer and a Shelby is No Big Thing to them? Maybe this Site had me Overly Hyped for the car? No Kidding! LOL!! Especially when we started to see a number of our US cousins getting Shafted with large ADMs and/or all of a sudden told that they were no longer #1 but #10 on a dealer List :censored: Those things definitely made me anxious! The Morons on SVTperformance made me anxious! :censored::censored:

I don't know. In the end everything just fell into place. There were No Surprises. After waiting 16 months in anticipation, the day I picked her up was almost like any other day. It was surprisingly anticlimactic, but yet so surreal! It wasn't until I got in the car and drove to work from the Dealer that my stomach started to get fluttery. You wouldn't have been able to Pry the Stupid Grin off of my Face! I barely noticed the traffic on the 401!

It's a wonderful Machine and I appreciate and enjoy it more each passing day. Oh ya, don't forget to take the Traction Control Off. :yup:+1

seeing the levels of madness displayed South of the border.

It hurts a bit that you guy's get to cover this and I'm still out in the rhubarb patch,but I really am glad that some "good guys" have the cars and are driving them. But please remember floks some of us are still in the grip of PSDS( I think I would rather quit smoking again :wacko: ) and are counting on you for feedback. Thanks again. :party:

+ I was first on the list

+ car is available in black

+convertible available now, not later

+standard, not auto

+engine rated at 500hp

+ got car in summer, not first snow fall

+ 6ft 1in tall, seat all the way back and I can just plant the clutch pedal.

+got to take best friend for a ride before he goes in hospital with cancer

yep, worth every penny!

Pete, I really can't say that I had any Bad Experiences with Ford or the Dealer.

At the Dealer level, they just treated my Transaction as any other Normal Event. I felt that there was a lot of complacency on their part such as, not returning calls and emails, me having to chase them for a VIN, me having to call CS for Production Updates. Maybe I was expecting too much? Perhaps I went into the Deal thinking that the Shelby was more Special than it was and I should be treated better than if I were Purchasing a Focus? Perhaps it was because my Sales Guy got up and left Erinwood, leaving the List in the hands of an already busy General Manager? Maybe I should have been more of a pain? Maybe it's because they're also a Saleen Dealer and a Shelby is No Big Thing to them? Maybe this Site had me Overly Hyped for the car? No Kidding! LOL!! Especially when we started to see a number of our US cousins getting Shafted with large ADMs and/or all of a sudden told that they were no longer #1 but #10 on a dealer List :censored: Those things definitely made me anxious! The Morons on SVTperformance made me anxious! :censored::censored:

I don't know. In the end everything just fell into place. There were No Surprises. After waiting 16 months in anticipation, the day I picked her up was almost like any other day. It was surprisingly anticlimactic, but yet so surreal! It wasn't until I got in the car and drove to work from the Dealer that my stomach started to get fluttery. You wouldn't have been able to Pry the Stupid Grin off of my Face! I barely noticed the traffic on the 401!

It's a wonderful Machine and I appreciate and enjoy it more each passing day. Oh ya, don't forget to take the Traction Control Off. :yup:+1

I'm exactly in this boat minus I don't have my car yet and even felt compelled to get my attorney involved

which BTW I regret.

Called again and sent another email to my dealer...no response...maybe it is me and I'll feel better once this whole thing is done...adding that it doesn't help when your family and friends hear about the car the hype, and keep asking so when are you getting "the car" ...waiting on a dream car..sounds crazy but its been fun.

Sorry for posting I'm not one of the fortunate to date. Your post sounded exactly how I would describe my situation.

Cheers,

Requis

Would I do it again?

YES!

Was there anxious times?

YES!

Thoughts on the car?

It looks great in the showroom, been there for two weeks. I am finally picking it up Saturday. I plan on driving it a lot so I can give a full report Sunday....or when I run out of gas. ;)

I'm exactly in this boat minus I don't have my car yet and even felt compelled to get my attorney involved

which BTW I regret.

Called again and sent another email to my dealer...no response...maybe it is me and I'll feel better once this whole thing is done...adding that it doesn't help when your family and friends hear about the car the hype, and keep asking so when are you getting "the car" ...waiting on a dream car..sounds crazy but its been fun.

Sorry for posting I'm not one of the fortunate to date. Your post sounded exactly how I would describe my situation.

Cheers,

Requis

Requis,

Maybe this will make you feel better>>>

I just got a call from a dealer that I was on a waiting list at in T.O. He told me that they had a cancellation, and that I could get a car if i wanted. Sure I respond, what was it etc etc .......

He said it would be for next year, I could order whatever I wanted but it was @$25K over MSRP.

He mentioned that they had just sold one out in B.C. that it happened to be a coupe for $79K!

Customers in Quebec are paying in the upper $70's.... etc etc

Not sure what your situation is...... Sounds like from what he had said, and the ad in the auto trader, things are getting out of control.

Requis,

I just got a call from a dealer that I was on a waiting list at in T.O. He told me that they had a cancellation, and that I could get a car if i wanted. Sure I respond, what was it etc etc .......

He said it would be for next year, I could order whatever I wanted but it was @$25K over MSRP.

He mentioned that they had just sold one out in B.C. that it happened to be a coupe for $79K!

Not sure what your situation is...... Sounds like from what he had said, and the ad in the auto trader, things are getting out of control.

I assume those are Canadian dollars so what is that US based on exchange?

Requis,

Tell these guys to GO F :censored: CK themselves. Excuse my grammer. This si just PISS :censored: ING me off now.

Be patient brother and wait - The dealers will get stuck with these cars and you will be dictating to them how much you pay, just watch. Find an honest dealer and just deal with them, stay away from the Greedy dealers, if they are that greedy they will JERK YOUR CHAIN thru the whole process.

Dont forget by the end of next year there will probably be 3-4 different types of "MASS PRODUCED" Shelby's for sale and on the market by Ford, Ford is gonna milk this for every dime they can.

This Shelby is not worth more that sticker, not now and probably not in 20yrs, unless you have one thats showroom shape and theres only a handful left. Dont forget a name does not make a car a collectable, the market (you&me) makes it a collectable.

Good Luck to You - "BE PATIENT" it will be worth it, just think, what if you pay way over sticker and their ends up being a major problem with the car, then you will be th eone that laughs last because you did not pay the high ADM.

I NEED A DRINK :fan:

Requis,

Well, my guy has 4 extra people on his waiting list for 2007s. If the allotment ends up being similar for next year, thats 4 people for a supply of 15 cars in 2008. At this point, most folks who are sweating for a Shelby already have their name on a list. The fairweather folks will wait until price is under MSRP before buying (and even that pool will be diluted by the Shelby GT)

As for the car appreciating in value, Im somewhat skeptical about that- the reason the older GT500s are worth much is that people didn't think about future collectability price so they drove the things into trees, off cliffs, tore them apart for parts etc. reducing the numbers still on the road. The current batch is being bought by a public that is well aware of appreciating values and will for the most part keep the cars in good shape in the hopes of making a $200k sale one day. For those interested in making a profit on the car, consider this: if you put your $60k (car+taxes) into an investment paying 8% average (many mutual funds have done this or even higher return) after 30 years, you'll have $600k. Think your Shelby will sell for that? I doubt it. (614 this was not aimed at you or anyone else in the forum, I just got on a roll ;) )

Well, my guy has 4 extra people on his waiting list for 2007s. If the allotment ends up being similar for next year, thats 4 people for a supply of 15 cars in 2008. At this point, most folks who are sweating for a Shelby already have their name on a list. The fairweather folks will wait until price is under MSRP before buying (and even that pool will be diluted by the Shelby GT)

As for the car appreciating in value, Im somewhat skeptical about that- the reason the older GT500s are worth much is that people didn't think about future collectability price so they drove the things into trees, off cliffs, tore them apart for parts etc. reducing the numbers still on the road. The current batch is being bought by a public that is well aware of appreciating values and will for the most part keep the cars in good shape in the hopes of making a $200k sale one day. For those interested in making a profit on the car, consider this: if you put your $60k (car+taxes) into an investment paying 8% average (many mutual funds have done this or even higher return) after 30 years, you'll have $600k. Think your Shelby will sell for that? I doubt it. (614 this was not aimed at you or anyone else in the forum, I just got on a roll ;) )

Smoothy, I think you speak the truth so no offense at any level.

Even if they did appreciate, (lets be real that's a big "if") and that may be so far down the road....

That it trully is unrealistic for any actuarial investment scenario.

I guess we had better buy 'em cause we like 'em.......

Smoothy, I think you speak the truth so no offense at any level.

Even if they did appreciate, (lets be real that's a big "if") and that may be so far down the road....

That it trully is unrealistic for any actuarial investment scenario.

I guess we had better buy 'em cause we like 'em.......

Guys, when I read some of the preceding comments I think that I really lucked out with my dealings with the Toronto SVT dealer, Donway Ford. Maybe it was because I put my order in about a year and a half ago, actually the same day Ford announced they were making the Shelby.

I have been privately collecting cars most of my life and I think Donway was very honest and open about the whole process. Our car actually came in about a month earlier than even I thought that it would. I am also fortunate to own the first year Viper GTS coupe, 1996. I missed out on this launch because existing Viper owners had first rights, so all were spoken for in Canada. I had to wait 2 years, however in the end got a fantastic deal and in retrospect also missed out on all the "over MSRP hype" that surrounds ALL new collector cars. In 20 years, I have NEVER seen a "collector car" live up to it's financial hype. Never.

Bottom line, would I do it all over again for this 2007 Shelby? With 800 kms on the clock I will say, absolutely. If you have one and paid a bit over MSRP, enjoy. Time will probably wear away the price but not your smile every time you turn over that key!

Guys, when I read some of the preceding comments I think that I really lucked out with my dealings with the Toronto SVT dealer, Donway Ford. Maybe it was because I put my order in about a year and a half ago, actually the same day Ford announced they were making the Shelby.

I have been privately collecting cars most of my life and I think Donway was very honest and open about the whole process. Our car actually came in about a month earlier than even I thought that it would.

In the real estate market they say the 3 most important things when house shopping are: location, location and location. When buying a car it's dealer, dealer and dealer. You've really lucked out on having a bang on dealer- he could have pulled a fast one on you in terms of price (like many dealers have). Honestly, in my opinion, best thing you can do is reward their honesty and loyalty with your honesty and loyalty. I sing the praises of any organization I deal with high and low if they go above and beyond with me (anyone need a Chrysler or need a rare car tracked down, contact Town and Country Chrysler in Smiths Falls, ask for Martin)<---plug for my favourite dealership ;) Likewise, if I get shafted, I spread the word (certain Ford dealership to be there soon...) and let people know about my experiences. In fact, based on what you said, I may call them and see if they can fit me on the list for an '08 GT500 or 500KR (yeah right...), assuming all their '07 allotment is sold. I'm prepared to walk away from my '07 allotment at my dealer and go to Toronto just based on the service and (lack of) respect I get up here.

In the real estate market they say the 3 most important things when house shopping are: location, location and location. When buying a car it's dealer, dealer and dealer. You've really lucked out on having a bang on dealer- he could have pulled a fast one on you in terms of price (like many dealers have). Honestly, in my opinion, best thing you can do is reward their honesty and loyalty with your honesty and loyalty. I sing the praises of any organization I deal with high and low if they go above and beyond with me (anyone need a Chrysler or need a rare car tracked down, contact Town and Country Chrysler in Smiths Falls, ask for Martin)<---plug for my favourite dealership ;) Likewise, if I get shafted, I spread the word (certain Ford dealership to be there soon...) and let people know about my experiences. In fact, based on what you said, I may call them and see if they can fit me on the list for an '08 GT500 or 500KR (yeah right...), assuming all their '07 allotment is sold. I'm prepared to walk away from my '07 allotment at my dealer and go to Toronto just based on the service and (lack of) respect I get up here.

Where are you at Smoothy?

I thought I read somewhere in here, that Campbell had folded and conceeded with two orders at MSRP?

I am not aware of another SVT dealer in the area?

Are you at another dealer?

• 3 weeks later...

Okay guys (& gals) from the heart......... Would you do it again?

You had better beleive it......I would do it again....and as for paying over MSRP, I did, and yes I would do that again also.

The only thing I am dissapointed with....is that I can not take a month off work and drive the car every day.

Archived