TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Pin Warranty Replacement / Other Warranty

GTH#137

My GT-H is going in the dealer next week for the clutch pack replacement to fix the Rear End growl at low speed turns. I also want to get any other items fixed while there. Does anyone have information if this is a Ford dealer replacement or Shelby Autos item? If hood pins have been replaced under waranty, what parts did they use? Also, are there any other items I should get replaced / repaired while there.

My GT-H is going in the dealer next week for the clutch pack replacement to fix the Rear End growl at low speed turns. I also want to get any other items fixed while there. Does anyone have information if this is a Ford dealer replacement or Shelby Autos item? If hood pins have been replaced under warranty, what parts did they use? Also, are there any other items I should get replaced / repaired while there.

My dealer said it should be covered, but they can't get the parts because they are not a Shelby dealer. The Ford pins will rust. I'm waiting for a set from Shelby that are Stainless. This way I can keep the original ones with the car. Otherwise any original part replaced under warranty has to be returned to Ford (or so says my dealer). Ford is in tough times and he told me there in no more haggling on coverage. It used to be the dealer could call the regional office to plead a case. No more. If Ford says NO, that's it.

The pins you want are S1MS-16892-SSK - Hood pin kit for $65. Better to get these and replace the rusty ones, but keep them with the car.

Good luck.

Guys I know the original chrome pins are not the best, but if you want the exact look these parts are easy to get for around $25.00. Just find any Ford Mustang supplier that deals with Scott Drake parts (WHICH IS OWNED BY SHELBY) and they will send you the exact stuff. I replaced mine and had the mounting brackets powder coated and they look great, and since the car isn't outside 24/7 they will last a long time. I can get the exact part number if anyone wants.

John

I had my hood pins replaced at the dealer. They told me it was easier for them to buy them than to try and warrenty them. They bought the whole kit from shelby and just gave it to me to put on myself. So I put the kit up and bought some at the local speed shop. So I ended up with a complete hood pin kit for nothing. :happy feet:

My dealer said it should be covered, but they can't get the parts because they are not a Shelby dealer. The Ford pins will rust. I'm waiting for a set from Shelby that are Stainless. This way I can keep the original ones with the car. Otherwise any original part replaced under warranty has to be returned to Ford (or so says my dealer). Ford is in tough times and he told me there in no more haggling on coverage. It used to be the dealer could call the regional office to plead a case. No more. If Ford says NO, that's it.

The pins you want are S1MS-16892-SSK - Hood pin kit for $65. Better to get these and replace the rusty ones, but keep them with the car.

Good luck.

The hood pins are part of the car's warranty from Ford/Ford Racing/SAI. There is no such thing as a "Shelby" dealer. Your dealer only has to call the warranty line at Ford Racing and send pictures of the hood pins. They DO NOT need to be returned. Only items not for sale to the general public need to be returned.

The PN above is the correct one.

• 4 weeks later...
The hood pins are part of the car's warranty from Ford/Ford Racing/SAI. There is no such thing as a "Shelby" dealer. Your dealer only has to call the warranty line at Ford Racing and send pictures of the hood pins. They DO NOT need to be returned. Only items not for sale to the general public need to be returned.

The PN above is the correct one.

Local Dealer Tom Holzer Ford in Farmington Hills,MI took pictures contacted Ford, called me back and informed me that the rusty pins would not be covered under warranty, but they could get a set for around $100.00. True story!

Archived