TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Shelby Super GT

Romancer

Well, thoughts of an upgrade package have been surfacing, and I would like to make my proposal.

Shelby Super GT

It could consist of a different stripe package (Maybe one fat stripe like the SS., I love that look!). The black cars get get one large white or flat black stripe and the white can get BLUE (!!) or black.

CS6 or Super Snake Hood

GT500 wheel

FI: Supercharger or Turbocharger (yes, I said turbocharger).

GT500 spoiler (PLEASE not the V6 spoiler)

450-510hp

Stiffer (but not OVERLY stiff) suspension components.

Big brakes, 20 inch wheels.

Gauge cluster on dash (like the GT/SC)

Numer would be SSGT####

Super GT Badging (along the rocker panels)

I gotta jet, guys, but please feel feel to add your own opinions. I don't think there could be a better name to suit a super Shelby GT other than, well, Super Shelby GT! I'll chime in later. I'd like to get more in depth but I have a meeting to catch! Yes, I'd buy. :)

God Bless,

Jeff

Well, thoughts of an upgrade package have been surfacing, and I would like to make my proposal.

Shelby Super GT

It could consist of a different stripe package (Maybe one fat stripe like the SS., I love that look!). The black cars get get one large white or flat black stripe and the white can get BLUE (!!) or black.

CS6 or Super Snake Hood

GT500 wheel

FI: Supercharger or Turbocharger (yes, I said turbocharger).

450-510hp

Stiffer (but not OVERLY stiff) suspension components.

Big brakes, 20 inch wheels.

Gauge cluster on dash (like the GT/SC)

Numer would be SSGT####

Super GT Badging (along the rocker panels)

I gotta jet, guys, but please feel feel to add your own opinions. I don't think there could be a better name to suit a super Shelby GT other than, well, Super Shelby GT! I'll chime in later. I'd like to get more in depth but I have a meeting to catch! Yes, I'd buy. :)

God Bless,

Jeff

What about the stripe colors for the GO, VB and BJ SGT's?

Sorry gents, I like my SGT in it's original form. It's the car I fell in love with.

A complete Terlingua treatmeant as a seperate upgrade to a stock Mustang GT?

Hot!

May have to have one, hopefully a 4.6L-3V with a blower, and the usual add-ons INCLUDING BRAKES!

Yeah...That's the ticket...

I'll just say I don't want, or need, any changes to the exterior of the car unless it's to do something like they did for the SS conversion for the GT500. It's builds upon and makes it better. No need to add bling to this car. As is it's a nice car!

We do need:

Better breaks

Better Tire/Wheel combo though I LOVE the look of the stock wheels

More HP

- Super Charger (as an option) up to 500HP

- NA improvements, maybe up to 350HP

Suspension improvements (pick your favorite)

Oh and let's not forget the gas cap!

;-)

Oh..ok...lower fascia lights and brake ducts etc....

There...my list!

PLEASE not the GT500 spoiler! I takes away from the clean line of the car and is the antithesis of why the SGT is spoiler delete. I have the V6 spoiler, like the KR, and it's low, clean, and doesn't overwhelm the rear of the car.

This is why I have said what package should do little to the exterior of the car. Everyone has a different opinion!

SAI please focus under the skin....the car is beautiful as is....we'll take care of that based upon our own prefs.

I vote for:

Improved brakes w/ Shelby calipers that fit our stock 18" bullits

Brake duct system (available soon according to SPP).

Power upgrade "packages", so that there is at least one lower cost normally aspirated option. This might include a "ram air" functional scoop or similar system.

A rear / tail lamp treatment that provides a look of the original Shelby Mustangs (i.e., the elongated tail lamps).

Rear seat delete kit (a nice one).

Battery relocation (to trunk)

I know some of the above is already available aftermarket, but Shelby-certified and labeled would be better!

Maybe:

Better sport designed seats and a nice Shelby rear-seat delete.

I would limit the available colors (for exclusivity) and keep silver stripes only. Not my favorite, but definitely Shelby.

For myself, I would not do a package like this. I already own a Shelby GT. I really don't want Stage I, II, III whatever...

I plan on a brake upgrade and a future Paxton... What else is left?

my .02

Dan

th_011308034.jpg

Amy,

Just build them like you built this one, name the package what you want, and just send me any new decals to put on my car. :happy feet:

Paxton.

510 H.P. (at the crank).

Shelby/Baer brakes.

GT500 Spoiler. (installed by owner)

AR "GT40" Wheels or something close, but not the Razors (wheels installed by owner).

BFG KDW Tires. (Tires installed by owner)

CS6/GTH hood.

Lower fog lamps.

Front and rear brake cooling ducts.

Watts link (installed by owner).

Shelby UCA/LCA's (next month).

Call it the Shelby GT Python package.

Python? I was thinking more along the lines of Shelby Garter Snake. :hysterical2:

In all seriousness, I don't know about continuing the snake theme with the Shelby GT. I'm not sure if any other Shelby would be able to pull it off like the Cobra.

The SGT you attached is sick, though.

Archived